Daz Pixel Problem

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
I am doing some rendering and I am still getting used to it. I can't find what to do to fix the pixeled problem. I am using Daz 4.21 to do my renders and I am rendering in IRAY. I don't have the funds to get better equipment but I shouldn't be having this problem because of that. The picture of the character is fully rendered but it is still pixeled like it is still rendering. The other 2 pics are the settings that I changed so it could render a little faster instead of having to wait hours before it even gets half way done. What are settings I could change to make it more clear?
Untitled15.png
Untitled16.png
Untitled17.png

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
I would try it out but it says I need to have a NVIDIA driver and I don't have any gadgets or anything. Would I still be able to use it?
what is your system spec?

you need a NVIDIA graphic card to use it

this meaning if you don't have NVIDIA graphic card you will always have the Pixel Problem

daz3d is a NVIDIA graphic card only daz3d will work with other graphic card but it won't be great

what I shared with you should only with NVIDIA graphic card

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
That does not look denoised at all. Try turning denoiser on from iteration 1. Turn off the alpha denoiser too.

Rendering is not affected negatively or slowed down by having the denoiser on from the start.

Do you know which of your limits were reached first to stop your render?

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
what is your system spec?

you need a NVIDIA graphic card to use it

this meaning if you don't have NVIDIA graphic card you will always have the Pixel Problem

daz3d is a NVIDIA graphic card only daz3d will work with other graphic card but it won't be great

what I shared with you should only with NVIDIA graphic card
I don't have a graphics card. At least I don't think I do. I didn't do any modifications to my computer at all. It is 100% factory.

Do you know which of your limits were reached first to stop your render?
No I do not. I just let it render and do some other things while waiting for it to finish

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Even if you don't have a GPU installed, maybe you have a built in one (some laptops have this)

Check what GPU that is recognized by DAZ like this:

1. Go to Menu item: "Help" -> "Troubleshooting" -> "About your Video Card"
2. Look at the popup box.

This is what mine says:
1706442255879.png

Trying to use Daz without any Nvidia GPU is going to be very frustrating as you can only use CPU render and it will take 20-50x longer. Daz uses a render library from Nvidia called Iray to implement the raytracing, and it does not support AMD or Intel GPU. Iray can work on CPU but as mentioned it is much much slower.

The only fallback is to try "Filament" which is a "biased" render engine. Filament is faster on CPU only than Iray, but gives results which are not as perfect as true raytracing.

However most products do not have build in Filament support so you will need to modify the lighting and materials for each one.

Also, note that even if you DO have a Nvidia GPU, it is common to have some amount of "grain" in images if you have poor lighting or problematic texture materials. These days most users just try a AI image denoiser to fix the grain, but of course this process loses much of the fine detail in the image.

There are also some denoisers for AMD card or even CPU, so look around beyond the one that was linked above if you have that situation.

Reactions: Draco6393

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Saint_RNG I know with what I have will take forever to render. I will be like 50 years old before 1 gets halfway done . I'm going to try and save up to get a gaming desktop and slowly build it up

Reactions: osanaiko

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Hi,
I'm not very familiar with "render setting", but I was able to find ballance between quality and time. I tried to change render quality and pixel samples and it worked, but much more efficient were another tricks.
Most important was rendering background and character as 2 different renders. They were faster then 1 render. If you render character on the ground and save as png you obtain shadow/ambient which fit to most surfaces. Below are samples.
Passengers Iray1_01.png Passenger Iray1_00.png
At your render I can see couple of light source. Much faster is hdri light.
I know that it is not exactly answer for your question, but resolves your problem.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get a good enough render without all the pixels. I have found out what my problem was/is. I will need to get a new computer and install a few things to it since I don't have a good video card, RAM and other things. I was however able to get a good render without the pixel problem. It just took a good while to render.
Untitled18.png
This is my final render and as you can see it looks a whole lot better. I waited for over 8hrs for it and it was only 5% rendered

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
This is my final render and as you can see it looks a whole lot better. I waited for over 8hrs for it and it was only 5% rendered
Dear god. . .If the only spare GPU I had wasn't an RX 580, I'd sell it to you on the cheap. But AMD and Daz are a no-go.

I will need to get a new computer and install a few things to it since I don't have a good video card, RAM and other things.
Are you in the US? Keep a close eye on Craigslist/Offerup/Marketplace. I've seen a number of posts of people getting rid of their systems for various reasons at varying specs. Saw a ITX build with a 3080/32GB of RAM/11700 for like $700. A friend of mine snagged a full on workstation (3x 3090s, Ryzen 9 (forgot which line), 128GB of RAM) for a few hundred bucks (son was in prison, they were selling his stuff to get a lawyer. Could've also been hot, though.)

The thing is with Daz, most of the components don't matter much. RAM and GPU (and obviously storage) are the only real meaningful components. Everything else helps in certain ways, but is hardly required. 64GB of DDR4 is super cheap now, and a used 3090 could be had somewhere relatively cheap secondhand. So, I'd put the focus on those components first (and possibly PSU), then add from there.

Or you could just sell a kidney and go all-in (don't do that.). :KEK:

• Love

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Are you in the US?
Yes I am in the US. I would also prefer my equipment to be new so this way I know for a fact it hasn't been stolen or anything. As for looking on Craigslist, I will not purchase anything from that site. I have been burned/scammed way to much to trust that site.

Back to the whole buying refurbished or pre-owned computers. I wouldn't know what happened for them to refurbish it or anything. I don't want any of my other electronics to get like a virus or something if they got connected some how or some way.

As for selling a kidney, I couldn't do that. I am pretty attached to them :LOL:

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
It's the Team Red who are the mortal enemies of Team Green

View attachment 3310505
So NVIDIA would be better than AMD?

Also I have noticed something while I was looking online at computers. There were some computers that said GEFORCE GTX in the description but not NVIDIA. Also the computers I saw that had NVIDIA in the description also GEFORCE in it. If it has GEFORCE does that mean that it also has NVIDIA even if it's not in the description?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

Also I have noticed something while I was looking online at computers. There were some computers that said GEFORCE GTX in the description but not NVIDIA. Also the computers I saw that had NVIDIA in the description also GEFORCE in it. If it has GEFORCE does that mean that it also has NVIDIA even if it's not in the description?
GeForce is what NVIDIA calls their line of GPUs, so yes.

Btw, here is your picture enhanced with Topaz Gigapixel AI and Topaz DeNoise AI. Tools like this may not be the only solution in your case, just showing it as an example of how it's possible to enhance your images.
unt18.png

• Red Heart

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
For raytraced rendering with DAZ, modern Nvidia cards (1060+) are the only effective option. If you can find them, Nvidia 3060GTX 12GB model (not the 6gb) is a good entry-level choice.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
For raytraced rendering with DAZ, modern Nvidia cards (1060+) are the only effective option. If you can find them, Nvidia 3060GTX 12GB model (not the 6gb) is a good entry-level choice.
Which of these 2 computers would be best to get?