Daz Pixel Problem

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
osanaiko I didn't know that. I can just put the specs of each one here then.

1st one
Specs CPU: i7 4770
MOBO: HP OEM
GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3
SSD: 256GB
PSU: 550w
Case: Javelin Mini Black

2nd one
- AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - Ryzen 5 5000 Series 6-Core 3.6 GHz Socket AM4 65W None Integrated Graphics Desktop Processor - 100-100000457BOX - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU - 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM - 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD Hard Drive - CLEAN Install of Windows 11 Home 64-Bit - 400 Watt Power Supply PSU 80+ bronze - Sound Card: Integrated High Definition audio - Network Card: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN on system board - WiFi/Wireless/Bluetooth: Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 combo

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
As far as specs go, they are very similar for everything except the GPU.

The 1660 6GB is about 25% faster for Daz renders than the 1060 6GB, due to more CUDA cores and faster clock/memory bandwidth.

Both options have only 6gb VRAM memory so you will potentially have trouble rendering scenes with more than 2-3 figures (unless you stick to older figures like G3 and/or use the "Scene optimizer" script to reduce texture resolutions).

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Ok well it looks like I will just need to save a bunch of money and just get the things to build my own or just get a better model

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
There are some creators who have made amazing games with 6GB cards - it just means you need to find workarounds in some situations. 6GB is enough to do solo or couple renders with no problem. For larger groups, you can render image parts separately and combine in photoeditor after.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
This is the computer I really would like to have to start off with but it will take me a good while before I can get it

Reactions: osanaiko

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
Both options have only 6gb VRAM memory so you will potentially have trouble rendering scenes with more than 2-3 figures (unless you stick to older figures like G3 and/or use the "Scene optimizer" script to reduce texture resolutions).
I've got 1660Ti and with 3+ characters it was not easy. Had to use billboards etc. Even with all that it takes hours to create decent 1080p image and I still needed to use denoiser, so well.. 3D is not my thing for now =p

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I've got 1660Ti and with 3+ characters it was not easy. Had to use billboards etc. Even with all that it takes hours to create decent 1080p image and I still needed to use denoiser, so well.. 3D is not my thing for now =p
Yeah, that's exactly why I was initially suggesting to OP that (budget allowing) to try to secure a 10+ GB card if he is serious about going with Daz. However, depending on what his goal is, then you *can* get away with 6gb if you only have 2 figures on screen for most shots.
One way to make a VN with lower VRAM is to use Tachi-e style, so the figures are rendered solo with no background for 50% of the shots, and only the event screens need more than 1 figures, which if you are making a dating/ecchi game is normally only 2 figures.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Not sure which gen you are using but you could use gen2 or 3. Low resources for those.
If they are blurred and even if not, they look good enough. They don't need to be detailed and i assume even with an older card it should be possible to have more then 2 characters in the screen.
Never liked the billboard.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This is the computer I really would like to have to start off with but it will take me a good while before I can get it

Mmm.. if this comes with windows 10 its old. Plus, there is no mentioning of what generation of CPU it is.
Not exactly future proof.
I would recommend to check Toms Hardware and buy the parts on Newegg. Great customer service. If money is the issue, i would rather save a little more to get something better.
For gaming probably fine.

Reactions: Draco6393

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Mmm.. if this comes with windows 10 its old. Plus, there is no mentioning of what generation of CPU it is.
Not exactly future proof.
I would recommend to check Toms Hardware and buy the parts on Newegg. Great customer service. If money is the issue, i would rather save a little more to get something better.
For gaming probably fine.
It’s a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz according to the reviews.

It's a very entry-level system with very, very entry level parts. Some that are much too old to be paired together. It's also lacking significantly in storage. It's not the worst GPU option, though. There's definitely worse, though I'd see if I could find something with a 2080 instead, if not something newer.

As you said, for gaming it's probably perfectly fine. But with Daz, it's hard to recommend anything with less than 10GB of VRAM - and even then, I was pretty friendly with Scene Optimizer and camera optimization.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
I got some help and I am going to try using honey select for now. This way I can maybe get some game/s going so I can get some money saved up so I can get a better computer

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
If you want to continue using Daz, you can also render with Filament (PBR). To do this, you need to set your Viewport to this mode and choose 'Viewport' as the rendering engine in the Render Settings panel.

Renderings will be very fast despite your hardware, and you'll be able to continue working with Daz until you can afford a better PC.

Of course, there will probably be a few parameters that you'll have to tweak a bit to get nice renderings + a few textures that aren't adapted to Filament, but on the whole I think it'll render better than Honey Select.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It’s a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz according to the reviews.

It's a very entry-level system with very, very entry level parts. Some that are much too old to be paired together. It's also lacking significantly in storage. It's not the worst GPU option, though. There's definitely worse, though I'd see if I could find something with a 2080 instead, if not something newer.

As you said, for gaming it's probably perfectly fine. But with Daz, it's hard to recommend anything with less than 10GB of VRAM - and even then, I was pretty friendly with Scene Optimizer and camera optimization.
Indeed.
When i got my RTX3060 i was amazed how fast everything goes. Well, that was until i realized it is still slow when you want to render a bigger scene.

Seeing this machine, the one highlight that is presented is the GPU. It's an older GPU to begin with.
I will not lie. Anyone wanting to start should think of getting a RTX40xx with 12GB or more. Anything else is pretending.
A decent machine will cost around $1000 Dollar (incl. the GPU of choice). That is, if you have to buy everything new.
To this day i am not sure if the 32GB off RAM had any impact.

If someone is serious in making a game, it should be better and current. For people like me, it doesn't matter. I just do it for fun.
Especially since everyone is rendering females that have sub level 3 or 4 with Gen8. If you go 9, good luck. i tested 9 on my rig and it works fine but i am not sure how many figures i can add to the scene. And don't get me started with FG assets. If i had money, i would buy at least a RTX4060.
I am a realist and i seen some slowdowns with the latest DAZ compared to older versions.

The only reason to buy that PC would be if you had no money and want to do something. Just don't expect too much of it.