Platform for NSFW 3D Art

nakedDirector

Feb 14, 2017
I love how much awesome 3d art is posted here but being a forum it is a pain in the ass to navigate around and watch images quickly. I like collecting images (either saving what I like on my computer or if the platform allows it have them saved inside a favourites section or inside lists) and having things sorted. I remember stumbling on a new page which was for nsfw cg art but cannot remember the name. NSWF 3D art can also be found on deviant art, rule34 and the gallery section of renderotica but all those platforms are not the easy to use. When it comes to hardcore daz3d stuff this page seems to have the biggest content out there.

So, I am someone who have skills & experiences in building modern, highly-scaleable, mobile-friendly and easy to use web platforms. I am considering building a web app for NSFW 3D Art.
Think of instagram but with hardcore daz renders which also has tagging similiar to rule34 so you can find more art of the same artist/game/genre/character/daz-resource-used etc. You can save your favourite images inside collections and also share them in the community.

The two most important things would be: Tailored for 3D NSFW Art and having incredibly good user experience and design

This then can be expanded by integrating a shop.
  • Creators can sell their daz assets and when people post renders of it they can tag the asset inside it. So when you consider buying an asset you can see all the stuff other people have made with it.
  • People can also sell their 3d comics and more

My first question: Is there any interest in such a platform?

If you are interested you can help me by:
  • Posting similar sites so I can review them. Tell me the pros & cons of the site
  • Tell me what kind of features would be important for you
If you are a artist / game developer
  • What would make you consider selling your stuff on such a platform instead of patreon / renderotica / daz-shop / deviantart?

I think the more good platforms we have the more people we can attract for this niche which in turn means more money for NSFW content creators and better quality content in the future.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
There was something similar, but for rpg maker stuff, that a user made and shared about a year ago on reddit, but since then has been deactivated.
This then can be expanded by integrating a shop.
  • Creators can sell their daz assets and when people post renders of it they can tag the asset inside it. So when you consider buying an asset you can see all the stuff other people have made with it.
  • People can also sell their 3d comics and more
This sounds like renderotica.com. but not the "you can see all the stuff other people have made with it." but that would be a cool feature.

the site is not the most modern or the easiest to navigate the first time you go to it. and you can't do filter results (unlike with this site that does a pretty good job after the recent update).

I would say that the biggest thing I like is something similar to what turbosquid does, you show all the assets as large thumbnails, and when you put your mouse over it, not only does a box show up to give you a better preview, but moving your mouse right to left over the initial thumbnail lets you quickly scroll between the first 10 or so images, so that you can do a quick inspection off the asset or comic before actually having to open up the page. makes it nice when you want to scan through hundreds of things for something very particular.

If I were to sell stuff, it would be nice if the url links contain the title of the post so that links make sense for when I share them on other sites (ie a reddit comment), there will probably be some persentage of money that goes to the site (ie if you use paypal support they may change you the website host money, so you may have to recover that for each charge, ie a type of tax) and that could influence some large content creators. I think community is something that is very important, it is why I still hang around reddit a lot, even though there is no shop to offer my stuff out. this site F95Zone is similar, hosting not only discussion pages but also game threads. Product threads as well. So a good web page just to show off the product, a technical summary (ie what files are needed, such as daz characters or something, vertex count, file size, etc), and lots of images. and it would be nice if we can have images in the description if we need to point something out (look at all these morph sliders or something).

It would be a lot of work to make, but those are my 25 cents.

nakedDirector

Feb 14, 2017
It would be a lot of work to make, but those are my 25 cents.
Yes good planning is key. Shop will come later. First few iterations will be image board only because as far as I know there currently is none dedicated to 3d nsfw content. With this I can start buidling a community.

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
You might want to go look at Slushe (slushe.com). While it's still in beta and could use some features their posting system is seriously one of the best I've seen from any imageboard period. Thankfully the staff is really good about taking input for bugs and future features. I genuinely have no clue if they're looking at adding any sort of selling function period. But they might be worth looking at for ideas.

Pixiv does also have a number of NSFW 3D artists though most of them are either using some sort of Illusion product or Skyrim modding. They do have ways of selling digital product via BOOTH. And they have a monthly support system called Fanbox which is damned near a straight lift of Patreon. Could look at that as well.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
For NSFW art only ther is slushe.com
But I'm interested nonetheless^^