Tool RPGM HTML Ren'Py Flash Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, Ren'Py, HTML, TyranoBuilder, Adobe Flash, Construct 2 & 3, NScripter, Twine, VN Maker on Android using JoiPlay

Itachi1uchiha

May 26, 2020
Is there any new updates? Cause last time i played... I had some difficulties while playing Slice of venture 2 on android

nonospot

May 15, 2020
Writing here as a warning.
@ people from the futur : check date of the post.
DO NOT INSTALL THE CURRENT BETA RPGM PLUGIN (by subscribing to the test on the play store)
it's EXTREMELY buggy at the moment, as nothing launch anymore or you'll get missing files error even with moving the game in internal memory.
(tested on multiple device on multiple android versions and VM)
if you still want to try I suggest:
1 Making a back up of you com.joiplay.<plugin> or cyou.joiplay.<plugin> if you already have the market version installed (located in Android/data/) as it contains most games saves in dedicated subfolders and uninstalling the beta will destroy the data. (I love android...)
2 installing the beta side by side is actually possible with an app cloner or better yet (need android 8+) something like insular (isolate/duplicate app in a pseudo sandbox env by making use of the profile subsystem, no need for root)

LazySloth

Sep 15, 2017
is it worth it to buy a half decent phone just to play RPGM games from this site with joiplay? I was planning on doing that, I usually play on my pc but it would be nice to play some of my favorite games on a phone, but after reading the comments I'm not sure if this app works or not.

pnkrel

Dec 9, 2020
Whenever I replace data file for Translation, joiplay just show loading screen. So, how am I supposed to add translation file?

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
is it worth it to buy a half decent phone just to play RPGM games from this site with joiplay? I was planning on doing that, I usually play on my pc but it would be nice to play some of my favorite games on a phone, but after reading the comments I'm not sure if this app works or not.
Playing VX, VX ACE, XP, MZ works perfectly, there is might not compatible game but JoiPlay have discord server and also the dev to help fix the script, most likely 90% games works perfectly.

But for MV, only small chance to works without problem, the problem is every mobile phone gpu texture size limit, so you cannot play with webgl mode turned on (some game can play with webgl on), and it will make the game very lag.

british

Apr 23, 2020
I tried playing My New Life Revamp on joiplay but after running the game I only get "ReferenceError required is not defined". I managed to get it working on MaldiVes so I think the game files are OK. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Reactions: setsuka01

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Anyone know why when I try to launch echhi sensei or thinking about you or insight of you on joiplay it says loading game scripts then just crashes

Zoomblo

Jul 15, 2019
JoiPlay cons :
- cannot interact with your game folder, basically they just grab your game folder and do wtf they please, so if you need cheat engine outside like saveeditoronline then they will not read those save
- Joiplay can read saveeditoronline save file, theres 2 path where you can find your save file either Game folder or internal/android/data/cyou.joiplay.joiplay (for renpy cyou.joiplay.renpy)

(Tested on Peasant's Quest Save flie)

Zoomblo

Jul 15, 2019
Anyone know why when I try to launch echhi sensei or thinking about you or insight of you on joiplay it says loading game scripts then just crashes
Right now there's some issues on renpy android,

Some people on Joiplay discord know more than me on fixing some error

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
Keep getting nw.window.get is not a function when trying to start The Rise of Vruk, any tips to get it working? Joiplay says it's an RPGMaker MZ game.

Zoomblo

Jul 15, 2019
Keep getting nw.window.get is not a function when trying to start The Rise of Vruk, any tips to get it working? Joiplay says it's an RPGMaker MZ game.
I play that game before and it works on joiplay

Try to turn on NWJSAPI if you turn it off on your setting

If you still got the same error, you can ask on joiplay discord
Screenshot_2021-05-06-20-27-26-047_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
That is exactly how my html settings are set.

For context, though, I'm playing the latest version 0.13, and haven't tried playing .12 yet.

Z:E:R:O

Aug 14, 2020
DID JOIPLAY NO LONGER SUPPORT CUSTOM FONTS? BECAUSE I CAN'T NORMALLY PLAY WITHOUT MY FONTS.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Yes hi, is there anyway I can have the games I have in Joiplay show up in my app drawer so I don't have to open up Joiplay to get to my games??

TonyBimerix

Apr 9, 2021
Hi, I'm using joiplay to play renpy and html games on my android. Some of the games are running fine, but some are having problems. When I try to run melodic dates game the game starts and immediately crashes. The problem is this code...
if (self.channel == "movie") and (renpy.config.hw_video) and renpy.mobile:
raise Exception("Movie(channel='movie') doesn't work on mobile when config.hw_video is true. (Use a different channel argument.)")
Is there any way to make to solve this issue??

And similarly for some html games the sidebar for accessing menu and save files is not available...how to solve this problem??
I'm running these games on android using joiplay apk.
1214089_Screenshot_2021-05-13-13-30-45-621_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg

Zoomblo

Jul 15, 2019
Hi, I'm using joiplay to play renpy and html games on my android. Some of the games are running fine, but some are having problems. When I try to run melodic dates game the game starts and immediately crashes. The problem is this code...
if (self.channel == "movie") and (renpy.config.hw_video) and renpy.mobile:
raise Exception("Movie(channel='movie') doesn't work on mobile when config.hw_video is true. (Use a different channel argument.)")
Is there any way to make to solve this issue??

And similarly for some html games the sidebar for accessing menu and save files is not available...how to solve this problem??
I'm running these games on android using joiplay apk.
View attachment 1192737
config.hw_video error, go to Setting > Renpy setting > disable HW Video

for the html adam and gaia, you need modded html version

modded html https://f95zone.to/threads/adam-and-gaia-v3-1-beornwahl.6362/post-5162080

TonyBimerix

Apr 9, 2021
config.hw_video error, go to Setting > Renpy setting > disable HW Video

for the html adam and gaia, you need modded html version

modded html https://f95zone.to/threads/adam-and-gaia-v3-1-beornwahl.6362/post-5162080
View attachment traceback.txt This is the traceback I got after running the game. It seems not to work on mobile devices. How to fix this and HW Video is Disabled by default.
Thanks for sharing the Adam and gaia mod, it seems to work. Shall try later

Last edited:

Ghost420

Apr 25, 2021
I can't play the compressed version of my new life revamp through the current version of rpg maker plugin.... please fis it

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
So I have been able to make a lot of JoiPlay archives. My main problem right now resides with Android and WebGL2.

It seems that if an image exceeds 4096 pixels horizontally or vertically, all that will be loaded is a black box. This is supposedly fixed by the Crosswalk plugin, but that doesn't seem to work with the latest JoiPlay.

I'm still working on ideas, one is to use a canvas to render images greater than 4096 pixels and use that as the source for two child textures, but I'm not sure how that will work out in practice.