Others Playing RPGM games on Steam Deck

Mizuki

Jun 12, 2017
I downloaded some RPGM games from here and tried playing them on Steam Deck. So far the methods I used are Lutris and adding the games to Steam as non-steam games.

Every game I’ve tried playing encounters the same problem: When I launch them, they all get stuck on the initial black “Now Loading” screen and stays there.
Another pop-up also appears that says “Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js”

Has anyone successfully managed to play any RPGM games on their Steam Deck? I’d appreciate some tips.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I downloaded some RPGM games from here and tried playing them on Steam Deck. So far the methods I used are Lutris and adding the games to Steam as non-steam games.

Every game I’ve tried playing encounters the same problem: When I launch them, they all get stuck on the initial black “Now Loading” screen and stays there.
Another pop-up also appears that says “Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js”

Has anyone successfully managed to play any RPGM games on their Steam Deck? I’d appreciate some tips.
When you added the game to Steam, did you run it in compatibility mode using Proton 7?

Try to follow instructions if it helps with a probable resolution....

Sgt028

Dec 17, 2020
I know it's been a while since this post... But I'm new to Steam Deck and Linux, I'm trying to play Urban Demons, but the game insists on having RPG Maker VX Ace, but I couldn't install VX Ace on the Deck. Would anyone know how to help me with this? I will be very grateful