VN - Others - Abandoned - Pleasure Villa [v1.10] [Pleasure Villa]

1. 1.00 star(s)

libertypics

Generic renders, generic sexual fetishes and themes, a subpar engine not used for anything positive, and a too long development cycle? All in one convenient package?
    One star is the best this can get.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

Well, i tried this game based on the screenshots and the story setup.
    But now i have to agree 100% the review of the guy before.
    Really - i would have said this in nearly exact the same words, so i can hold it short: read there for my opinion :p
    even in v 0.7 it still feels like 0.1
  3. 2.00 star(s)

cloudmoon

v0.1

I feel like 2/5 is a bit harsh because I feel like there is some potential here, but based on what I've seen so far it's not likely that this will ever be a great game. It might be average once there's more content.

Note: There's zero sexy times so far from my playthough. I migth have missed something but I'm not going back to check. Actually there was some over-the-clothes foot job. But it came off ass stupid more than hot.

Story: 2/5 - not a lot going on. You're employed to work at the Villa and it seems like some shady stuff might be going on, but at this point in the story you don't learn anything about it.

Characters: 2/5 - They're all annoying and unlikeable. All of them, minus maybe the youngest daughter and the Mother. But even they are just... slightly less annoying and unlikeable. The main character seems to be your typical horny idiot with no real redeeming qualities.

Art/Renders: 2.5/5 - they're not terrible, but they're also not good. The bodies of the characters are mostly fine, despite the boos on a few characters pushing the realm of believably. But the faces the characters make are just incredibly awkward sometimes. And certain characters have lots of blemishes that make them less attractive. (I see what they were going for with the Mother and the youngest daughter, but in moth cases it just didn't work out well)

Weird-Ass Character Transitions: wtf/5 - Everytime a character laughs the character model is brought in for closeup while they make the stupidest face imaginable. Also whenever a character leaves a scene they character model awkwardly moves diagonally off the screen. It looks weird, and I haven't decided whether I find it funny or just terrible.

Gameplay/UI: 2.7/5 - It's not GOOD gameplay. It's a cluncky VN where you choose your choices. Also there's only 5 save slots. Luckily you can still save anywhere, despite this not being Renpy, but I think the UI would look less ugly as a whole if they'd just bit the bullet and used Renpy.

Overall Enjoyment: 2.3 - I didn't enjoy playing the game much. It felt like I was mostly waiting for things to get interesting and they never really did. Since the characters are so unlikeable, the lack of sexy content really kills this.