Ren'Py - PokeLewd: For Waifus [v0.5] [Gigachill Dev]

1. 1.00 star(s)

KodiakKing

Spent a few hours playing the game. The level curve is unplayably steep, especially in the beginning. The battling is very unbalanced, sleep is unavoidable. I don't like how long it takes to get even a single cg. Otherwise it's an ok pokemon parody, just not a good hentai game.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Game version: 0.5

1-2 hours playtime and yet I haven't seen anything "lewd", not even a simple tease!
    While I do like the core gameplay of Pokémon fights, even these become boring and dull quite fast.
    Navigation is also a big mess, because you will have to memorize every turn and move you make, as there is no map or hint where you are heading.

I stopped playing and trashed this game after ~2 hours of meaningless grind, without getting a simple reward for it.

Hard pass.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

123npcabc

Good game hope the dev keeps up the great work. Didn't see a readme for bug reporting, but just a couple quick fixes:
    • The fury swipes description says 2 -5 hits, but enemies like some ice sandslash and meowth with hit only once with fury swipes and there are some other multi hits that hit once not just fury swipes.
    • On route 24 if you successfully fish the game crashes, but if nothing bites it's fine.
    Once you beat misty you can catch a level 19 magikarp by cerulean and head straight for hawthorn for a braviary level 55, tyranitar level 55, and dratini level 20. Really fun team before fighting gyms and skipping a lot of grind, plus braviary oneshotting tyranitar for $400 is 9x better than anything your other pokemon have the level to beat. With just Braviary and Tyranitar you also just sweep every gym.

0.5 Update to review:
    I've honestly never been more excited for another update to this game. The dev was very thoughtful in how they picked the wild pokemon, their levels, their movesets, their types, their capture rates it was balanced really well! I had a lot of fun playing the game. Best example I can give is I played with a rotating team of 15 pokemon that I'd swap out constantly for my main 6 this update. Most pokemon games nintendo and parody I usually play with two or four pokemon then rely on the legendary for the league. I felt naturally encouraged as a player to fill out the pokedex and explore more and go find cool pokemon to go show off. Hope the dev keeps up the great work!
    Just one bug:
    "TypeError: 'RevertableList' object is not callable" is erroring on "CheckAllPokedexLocation" line 404 of Funcs.rpy when you click the spawn location button in the pokedex.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

HiHoWolvo

It's a Pokemon game but you fuck the hot trainers, I'm quite frankly surprised we went this long without something like this being made.

Gameplay wise, the first act is well balanced enough, but that all goes flying out the window when you run into high level fully evolved Pokemon out in the wild. Specifically, I found Alakazam can just spam Hypnosis and win battles it has no business being in, we're talking 40+ level differences here.

And from there, capturing lvl 50 Tyranitars and Braviaries to pad the team takes less than 10 minutes, and every other trainer outside of the Elite Four gets curbstomped.

As is customary for games featuring Pokegirls, we have the usual problem of some fan favorites not showing up, like I'd love to see May, Sonia, Lusamine, and Sabrina get added. (Olympia being in instead of Sabrina feels like a ??? to me.)It looks though as if the dev is accommodating of this so I'd love to see more in the future.

Animations are great, there's some variety in the foreplay scenes but for the most part the writing's fairly lackluster. Several lines of dialog that were ripped from the games, then sure we can have sex. As giving Pokemon Masters EX has shown it's not hard to give these characters the tiniest amount of depth to stand out from each other. Since this is dating sim-esque I wouldn't be surprised if talk options are in the works, but still game definitely has a lot more potential.

Still very patchwork but with great art and good enough gameplay I'll give it a 5 because we NEED a game like this.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

James3691215

Really great game. Great Animations, great characters, little bugs, and no game breaking bugs (at the time of posting). The game is more like a 4.5 star game than a 5, but I gave it a 5 since I feel like it got potential.

The only little complaints I have is that, there should be an option to skip battle text and Pokémon ball throws. It's fine in the short hand, but trying to capture every single one while waiting is mind melting.

The other things, I will say here is not a complaint, but recommendations:
    1st: The Finish/Cum button in a sex scene should have a separate andfaster animation that shows that both characters completely lost control of their bodies on the verge of climax.
    2nd: Add Sabrina... long hair... dont need explanation... just look.

That will be all, if the creator is reading this... This is an amazing game and improve it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

It's good if you want to play a lewd pokemon game that not corruptting anyone and want a quick fap
    The pokemon battles are fun on one side but on the other side kind of boring
    Game has no potions
    Navigating can be confusing
    Later you can upgrade your bicycle so you can fly
    You can rematch gym leaders

No bugs
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Leobbb

I tried to play for few hours with no cheats and it's a very basic pokemon clone with maybe some sex, but certainly not in the first few hours and you probably need a lot more than that to see anything interesting, it's a big waste of time.

The game runs very slow and I suspect it's a feature. Combat is delayed for no reason, ctrl to skip text doesn't work, probably deliberately disabled. If you go fishing there is an artificial delay of few seconds when the game does completely nothing and "thinks" whether the rng should reward you with a magikarp or similar pokemon encounter. However just few seconds of delay is not enough to increase gameplay hours so the game compensates with giving you "nothing, try again" most of the time. It really feels like the dev hates players. Are you used to right click anywhere to open the save/load menu like in every other renpy game? Sorry, that would be too convenient, you have to click the options icon and admire all the work we put into that icon. These are just examples, the whole game is designed to frustrate the player and make him waste time in an attempt to hide lack of content.

And the dating system is just another "buy gifts to increase love" bullshit and most likely you'll get bored to death before even seeing the first scene.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

wanglydangly

Finally! A Pokémon game that focuses on all the hot and cute trainers and not on fucking the actual Pokémon. The animations are top notch, the gameplay is classic fun (although there could be more animations), and I overall enjoyed the experience. I’m very excited to see this game grow.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Aquiledelrosa

All poke games deserves 5 stars.
    But im waiting for more updates this could be a good game a very good one tbh, and pls put the others regions starters as a fellow sinnoh lover, hurt me cant use my pliplup
  10. 5.00 star(s)

willfree

nice, still rough but it's nice to see actual decent gameplay in smutware, even if it's just pkmn but with f*ckable waifus, also i looked at the decrypted save files and i saw some interesting upcoming content