Cheat Mod Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever Cheat Injector [v1.3] [Sleepingkirby]

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Im having the same problem too
Download from the pixeldrain link. You are assuming that github, the SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY SITE, CONTAINING THE ENTIRE SOURCE CODE FOR MAKING THIS .BAT FILE, is needed and needs to be downloaded and ran from within the source code. You are also somehow ignoring the ERRORS THAT THE SCRIPT IS GENERATING (from your .webm movie):
Screenshot (28).png

In the future, please make sure to OBSERVE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN FRONT OF YOU AND NOT PUSH YOUR WRONG ASSUMPTIONS ONTO REALITY. Both of you have, somehow, thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters found the wrongest way to interpret the instructions on the OP, ran it blindly, ignored ALL THE ERRORS AND WARNING SIGNS and, when it didn't work, Principal Skinner'ed it and decided it's not you, it must be everyone/thing else and you hold no fault or responsibility.

Like, at least Leavish posted a screen recording so I can see what's actually happening and help. I still don't know why Midas' Heart keeps talking about "can't run it because I'm on windows" when this cheat has NEVER HAD ANY VERSION OTHER THAN A WINDOWS VERSION AND HAS NO .SH FILE. Like, seriously, the amount of self-delusion there is astronomical and I shudder to think what the people around him has to live through.

Like, this script has been downloaded 318 times:
Screenshot (29).png
And you two have been the only 2 to make this wrongest of wrong assumptions in how to install it. And that's excluding my other cheats that have WAAAY more downloads and DO have linux versions.
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (32).png

All you need is the .bat file from the pixeldrain link. Download it into the games directory for the game and run the .bat file. That's it. Assuming your windows install isn't badly configured or window's security isn't set up to stop its own scripting format from running on itself, that should be all you need to do.

I've also labeled that the github link in the OP is the source code. I didn't think that people would need me to baby-proof a github link because they somehow, not knowing what it is, would fumble around with its UI until something happened akin to what they're assuming should happen and not what should actually happen, but apparently that's needed.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Does this need an update or am I doing something wrong? I used the script on v8.15 and it keeps giving me errors when Looking at pokemon stats causes error.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Does this need an update or am I doing something wrong? I used the script on v8.15 and it keeps giving me errors when Looking at pokemon stats causes error.
Just tested it against 8.15b. Had no problems.

There is an error that someone else ran across:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
<snip>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1842, in <module>
action SetDict(pkmn.Stats, Stats.SpecialAttack, pkmn.GetStat(Stats.SpecialAttack) + 1 )
File "game/classes/pokemon.rpy", line 883, in GetStat
if (WeatherIs("sunny") and self.HasAbility("Solar Power", triggerAbilities)):
File "game/battlescripts/battlehelpers.rpy", line 128, in WeatherIs
return (CurrentWeather != None and CurrentWeather[0] == weather) and (ignoreairlock or not AbilityOnField("Cloud Nine"))
NameError: name 'CurrentWeather' is not defined

Bro i need help when i go to my pokemon this error occurs i cant change my pokemones value
If you run into that, this is why:
Oh, that's interesting. It may be my fault, but it really shouldn't be.

Short version: I would report to the game dev that the variable "CurrentWeather" is not defined globally or, at least in the scope of "game/battlescripts/battlehelpers.rpy" in line 128. Variables like that should be initialized globally as soon as possible.

Long version: My cheat inject looks up the special attack of a pokemon using the game's own GetStat() functon. Specifically to get the special attack of a pokemon. The special attack of a pokemon, depends on whether or not the pokemon has the ability "solar power" and what weather it is currently. You've entire entered a part in the game that doesn't have weather or are too early in the game where the variable for current weather is not defined at all. Meaning that, most likely, the dev wasn't expecting for people to call this funcion at this point, place or time in the game or this was a deliberate choice to not have the variable initialized. I might be able to engineer a workaround for this, but a workarounds, in general are very problem specific and, without knowing the lifespan of the program, can cause additional problems in the future. The best solution, and the standard practice within programming going back to C (not even C++. Just C), is to initialize all variables, especially global ones (even though global variables are not considered good practice but acceptable under certain conditions.) as soon as possible to avoid this very thing.

Anyways, I would ask the dev to fix this first, if possible. Because, chances are, other people will eventually run into this with or with the cheat, sooner or later, as the game continues to get new content.
Basically, if that's your error and you're just starting the game anew or are pretty early on in the game, play far enough where you can free roam (or when weather exists) OR don't examine a pokemon with abilities whose stats may depend on the weather.

Any other error messages, please copy and paste them here.

Reactions: SuperShadow2024
May 15, 2017
Just tested it against 8.15b. Had no problems.

There is an error that someone else ran across:

If you run into that, this is why:

Basically, if that's your error and you're just starting the game anew or are pretty early on in the game, play far enough where you can free roam (or when weather exists) OR don't examine a pokemon with abilities whose stats may depend on the weather.

Any other error messages, please copy and paste them here.
Okay. That means the errors only happened cause I was early in the game huh? It is fine as now thank you.

Reactions: sleepingkirby
May 15, 2017
For social, I only modified the exp bar into a slider bar. I didn't modify the levels nor the level caps. So whatever the caps on those are in game are the caps.
I see. I already silde to the max which was ten but it was going over the numbers. Even if it shows 30, I would only able to slide to 10. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: sleepingkirby

google.

Mar 15, 2021
i'm having trouble the mod but i've also never done Bat. files but my screen keeps saying cannot locate python.exe unable to continue. 1726436722583.png

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
yep ive tried running it in the main the game folder the renpy folder and the lib folder keeps saying the same thing
The game comes with its own python in "lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe". That's what the .bat file is looking for. Can you make sure that path AND FILE exists?

google.

Mar 15, 2021
The game comes with its own python in "lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe". That's what the .bat file is looking for. Can you make sure that path AND FILE exists?
yep both exist tried running the cheat injector while python.exe is running as well an got nothing

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
yep both exist tried running the cheat injector while python.exe is running as well an got nothing
Just want to make this clear, running the injector while python.exe is running does nothing. You're essentially keeping a second car running while trying to drive the first car.

Here is where the script is stuck:
Code:
if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    echo    ! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
    echo             Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?
    echo.
    pause>nul|set/p=.            Press any key to exit...
    exit
)
This is windows saying, it can't find python.exe. Can download and run this version and give me a screenshot of its output?

Keep in mind, this still won't run correctly, but this was changed to output what the system thinks %pythondir% is.

To be clear, the issue is that command prompt's own file existence check is failing. At this point, we're just trying to figure out why/how it's failing.