VN - Ren'Py - Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v02.28.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Mr Anderson 2

I think some of the tags should be removed here, like milf, big tits, big ass, ... what's the point of these tags when this is a non sexual game?

What I like about the game:
    • Starting to play it feels familiar to pokemon games. The visuals are pretty good, the sound effects are those of pokemon
    • Images look good - better than most real pokemon games to be honest
    • some of the dialogue is quite funny
    What I don't like:
    • This is neither a VN or a game. It's too much in between there. The choices you make often have no different outcome and the gameplay - pokémon battles feel pointless too
    • Some stuff is really illogical - even for the pokémon world. Like... you would go to jail for opening someone else's letter? Really? Opening someone else's letter suddenly grants you access to the school?
    • Pokémon battles are much better - and the story is much better too, so.. I'd prefer just playing pokémon
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Raj1

I really enjoyed the game personally, and I also enjoyed the thread as a whole especially finding the various Console Commands which really allowed me to enjoy NG+ after playing.

Spent a lot of time with this game, and the fact that even after beating it, going back and trying different playthroughs with different strategies was it's own type of fun.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

alteros

I missed the "no sexual content" tag when I first downloaded this but I'm glad I did because this is great as a visual novel and also as a pokemon game. The characters are well written, there's some real funny, tense, and touching moments, and the art's good.

The battle side of things is also really well done since the base of it is well, Pokemon. But there's a unique leveling system, some custom moves, and starting from such low levels really makes you rethink what pokemon are high tier since battles are actually usually hard enough to have you thinking.

The art was good, the music was good (since I'm pretty sure it's mostly pokemon tracks) and it made me care about the characters. That last one is really the only thing necessary to make a visual novel good but the other stuff is always a nice bonus.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

sseLurtiM

A beautiful visual novel that leaves you with some emotions also due to an in-depth drama and a kind of subplot on Red's personality, and the osts used... I'm excited about how it will develop, how the protagonist will develop the interactions with other characters and whether the school term will be extended. For the moment I will give this personal opinion as a comment (ps. sometimes it is not clear on puzzles, unless they are scripted)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

thisisaaccount

I remember reading this when it first came out, to see it grow so far and be a great as it is warms my heart. The writing is excellent, the art is great, and the story is wonderful. I need to see this finished one day.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

imadecoy123

As a big fan of the idea of adult based pokemon game, this game actually struck a chord with me. The characters are well written and diverse. My only gripe with the demo is that Pikachu hasn't had much of a chance to shine in this demo. I'm excited and nervous for the game due to how Nintendo is notorious about shutting anything fan-made down but my hopes are high!
    5/5 Demo
  7. 5.00 star(s)

spsonic64

I guess if the only reason I'm not super into this game is "I'm not sure it'll be completed, and the scaling of the game is something I'm not sure will look good later" and I'm enjoying absolutely everything else, it's probably a 5/5.

The long and short of it is: it's Persona in College + Pokemon and explains away the whole "elite trainers only have 3 pokemon of the same type and gets demolished by a 10 year old" with the college actually having a major impact on your pokemon's efficacy and pokemon training actually being canonically hard. In the first "Persona month" you, not your Pokemon, are the limiting factor- the hedge being that we aren't in the second month so this could be the case the whole game.

So that interesting concept out of the way, college life, socializing and the works are all intertwined. The story is pretty solid- or at least interesting enough to keep momentum.

I think the only knock is that the combat system is sort of janky- it's hard to tell what's happening. A second knock might be "You don't know anything about the pokemon available to you, so it's hard to commit to one type despite the game basically telling you to do so" but since we're not out of the first month, this could just be the game not having all available systems for you out yet.

And I guess that's my hesitancy here: It's already a remake of a different project, the threat of a certain company's lawyers is omnipresent and the game is off to such an energetic start. What are the odds this game actually ever finishes? I can't imagine it's great. The game sure is an easy 5/5 though, so maybe it'll be a fun little ephemeral time-waster and in 2025 we'll be sad to see the premature end of this.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Noobninjaboi

Its an incredibly fun game and my main draw to it was the turn based combat which is fairly good. The main gripe I have is that there is no way that I found to heal the pokemon or properly grind otherwise its pretty fun demo.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

-Maniackanime-

Its not entirely perfect, the story and characters are very well written and have their own distinctive personalities...

Though the leveling system gets on my nerves as I was interested on this game for the turn based combat tag, but any who, I will have to rate this base on the games potential as I will probably not gonna change the rating every new releases.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Angel1984

Woah.. I didnt expect like... a good writing in here.. and yet.. here it is..
    I got to say this game really does it for me. Very simple tools used with a lot of design going behind it. Avatar animations suggesting the context of events... Actual humor.
    I really got into the story and i'm interested in where it'll take me.
    Yeah.. god speed dev!