• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ImACuck

May 2, 2018
While I do love cheating in games for fun, honestly, the first playthrough was great (biased and pokemon-pilled) and fairly simple. I haven't experienced replaying it from the start yet but if it's your first time I recommend playing it normally without cheats. Enjoy the journey and all that.

Strat-wise I just ungabunga'd Fire and that was usually enough for the battle content. The only thing I needed actual help on was the Oak test with Legacy Pawmot (I am missing braincells).

Oct 18, 2018
While I do love cheating in games for fun, honestly, the first playthrough was great (biased and pokemon-pilled) and fairly simple. I haven't experienced replaying it from the start yet but if it's your first time I recommend playing it normally without cheats. Enjoy the journey and all that.

Strat-wise I just ungabunga'd Fire and that was usually enough for the battle content. The only thing I needed actual help on was the Oak test with Legacy Pawmot (I am missing braincells).
Honestly, Oak's tests take a hard difficulty spike towards the end there. No shame in losing those, and it seems to be pretty deliberate. It's often a good idea to stop before you do anything and use the text logs to read back anything Oak may have said leading up to the test. Given the dialogue at the end of Week 6, it's also possible that he realized that his last couple of tests were beating up too many of the students even though it's only the second month of school. Maybe the quality of his teaching will change to help prepare us better, or the difficulty of the tests will ease up a little until we've had more time to encounter some things.

Reactions: ImACuck
Oct 8, 2019
Honestly, I just save scum Oak's tests. Recently they seem to be things that only hardcore battle tower types would know and well, I never finished those after I found out my level advantage didn't exist.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Can we have an optional gay thing? I mean I'm not homophobic but this dude keeps hitting on the guys and making it seem like he is interested in guys but not the girls. I don't care as much if he is bi but id rather there be an option. Its low key killing it for me everytime its insinuated that your character is gay.
Holy shit just played this game and what is up with that the game always portrays like the mc is gay not even bi there should be a gay tag on this.It's a great game tho expect for implying the mc is gay at every chance they get.

Reactions: Kylie Bloodmoon
Jul 23, 2018
Holy shit just played this game and what is up with that the game always portrays like the mc is gay not even bi there should be a gay tag on this.It's a great game tho expect for implying the mc is gay at every chance they get.
Right? Like i legitimately dont understand it. Its like personal choice isnt as important as the game originally wants you to believe. I had assumed originally that more interactions with male characters leads to better and stronger friendships, now im terrified if i interact with male characters too much itll force you down a gay path.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Right? Like i legitimately dont understand it. Its like personal choice isnt as important as the game originally wants you to believe. I had assumed originally that more interactions with male characters leads to better and stronger friendships, now im terrified if i interact with male characters too much itll force you down a gay path.
I have stopped interacting with them but still can't escape the mc teasing the edgelord guy whether he is asking the mc on a date like smh can't they just make a preference option at the beginning gay people can choose just the gay preferences so that they don't have to worry about the girls as the mc would just say he is not into them and the straight people can do their own without worrying about it and bi people can choose both.Like can't the guys be homies and have a good friendship without making it weird it just ruins the entire friendship.

Reactions: Ghost325

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
like the mc is gay not even bi
Right, as we all know gay dudes flirt with girls and schedule dates with them all the time.

If you turned down Leaf's advances or never interacted with Nessa (or Dawn, or Rosa, or Sonia...) that's on you dude, don't blame the game now. :whistle:

now im terrified if i interact with male characters too much itll force you down a gay path.
What are you terrified of, exactly? The game has no sexual content.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Exec
Right, as we all know gay dudes flirt with girls and schedule dates with them all the time.

If you turned down Leaf's advances or never interacted with Nessa (or Dawn, or Rosa, or Sonia...) that's on you dude, don't blame the game now. :whistle:

What are you terrified of, exactly? The game has no sexual content.
I am talking about the game railroading the male romance from Nate to the Calem guy confessing his feelings it ruins all the friendship for me it might not do that for you that's why I am talking about having player preferences.That's my whole point I have only interacted with girls the only interactions with guys are from the classes and battles also my whole point was the game giving options to the player whether they wanna play as gay, straight,bi

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I have a question if I avoid participating in the elections whenever I get the option can I avoid the reveal of MC's power because I rejected anything student council option atleast 3-4 times and then eventually agreed but if a player never agrees to participate does the story somehow still makes the mc participate and get exposed?

Oct 18, 2018
The main character is intended to be bisexual. He can flirt with characters of either gender, and the early dialogue is supposed to help make you understand that before you start making a lot of choices. If you're assuming that the guys are already making confessions or serious romantic gestures to each other though, you're reading way too much into it and need to chill.

Reactions: ffive and Koburo
Oct 18, 2018
I have a question if I avoid participating in the elections whenever I get the option can I avoid the reveal of MC's power because I rejected anything student council option atleast 3-4 times and then eventually agreed but if a player never agrees to participate does the story somehow still makes the mc participate and get exposed?
You can't. The Elections are an event that is a major part of the plotline. You will end up doing it even if you keep wanting to say no, because Red can't help but accidentally become super popular.

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018
I have stopped interacting with them but still can't escape the mc teasing the edgelord guy whether he is asking the mc on a date like smh can't they just make a preference option at the beginning gay people can choose just the gay preferences so that they don't have to worry about the girls as the mc would just say he is not into them and the straight people can do their own without worrying about it and bi people can choose both.Like can't the guys be homies and have a good friendship without making it weird it just ruins the entire friendship.
I'm playing the same way, I don't interact with any of them either, my focus is Sabrina anyway, I think it's ridiculous not to have the option to disable gay content at the beginning, everyone chooses what the character wants to be, it would be much better than something forced like it is now...

Oct 18, 2018
I'm playing the same way, I don't interact with any of them either, my focus is Sabrina anyway, I think it's ridiculous not to have the option to disable gay content at the beginning, everyone chooses what the character wants to be, it would be much better than something forced like it is now...
Red is bisexual. As you already understand, you don't have to choose to have him romantically engage with the guys. In fact, there aren't any real romantic arcs put into the game yet. His potential interest in other men is no more forced on you than his potential interest in women.

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018
Red is bisexual. As you already understand, you don't have to choose to have him romantically engage with the guys. In fact, there aren't any real romantic arcs put into the game yet. His potential interest in other men is no more forced on you than his potential interest in women.
What you said is proof that it is imposed, I would simply like to be able to choose to see this in my gameplay or not, is that too much to ask? Does it bother you that much that I refuse to see something I don't like in my own save?

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018
It's so funny to see straights complaining about guys being mildly interested in the protagonist after Leaf not being able to accept rejection.
It's funny how you talk about straight people like it's something wrong, that tells me a lot about how twisted your mind is, and what does Leaf have to do with the discussion?

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018
Incredibly funny seeing people complain about dating options in a visual novel.
If you don't want to be gay, just choose the options not to.
and here you are complaining about me complaining, how much better are you huh... besides, the only thing you can avoid are the routes, but all the dialogues that lead the MC to possibly also be interested in men don't disappear, anyone who played knows what I'm talking about, what I wanted was an option to completely remove it from my gameplay, simple as that.

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
You go to discord put suggestion there, the dev not here. People can't do anything here, next time we will not react to any of your complaint because you don't want then yeah we will not probably

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes