VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

NotaBullRobo

Nov 24, 2017
It's been announced that dungeons are going to be getting revamped in a future update, either bundled with week 7 or 8 depending on the results of an ongoing poll (probably week 8 at this rate) in the Discord server. Currently they're too difficult for first timers, but too easy for people with experience.
This game is great, and I've pretty much played it nonstop for 2 days. Then I got to dungeons, beat the tutorial one while thinking it was fine but pretty clunky... then tried the easy one for Will... And decided to put it down after like 20 minutes of it.

God does the system just... feel bad. I had no idea why ranged vs melee vs magical even exists. Hell, I have no idea why the new fighting system exists to begin with. You could easy have a dungeon system where you keep the new movement system, but do normal pokemon battles. Just give a warning to maybe buy some potions first (or just have it be a freebie when you leave for your first one) and you're good to go.

It seems you can circumvent the new fighting system by using the engage attack... but why even have the other way to fight if thats the case?

Happy to hear its being revamped, though the dev's descriptions doesnt say too much beyond its going to be quite different.

Oct 8, 2019
Ex-fucking-cuse me but did Cherin just try to justify his actions by comparing himself to the biggest self-insert fan fiction bitch in all of literary fiction (Lancelot du Lac)? To hell with getting back on even terms with this man. The dude can fuck off forever.

jffgvz

Jun 29, 2018
OMFG, 1 month later and still people can´t figure out the dungeon system? I mean, you guys have like 3 different buttons. It´s not rocket science. When you see an enemy mon, click the FE system button to stop moving all charas together. Because on the party system (where you move together) each time you take a step, the enemy mon also takes a step or attacks.

Then, while on FE mode, move each chara individually to take down the mon (on this mode each chara has 3-5 movement). After moving everyone, hit the "end turn" button. To attack, Melee charas must be on melee range (duh), range charas must be ranged (duh again) and click the "range attack" button (it is a bow ffs), type advantage applies (it IS a pokemon game).

If you want to capture the mon use the "engage" button to do a "normal" pokemon fight, and of course you must select the character doing the engage, the game is not a medium to magically know with whom you want to attack with. And keep in mind that the engaging chara will deplete his/her stamina by almost half and it will need replenishment (by eating apples or berries).

After fighting everything click on the party button to move together as a party again.

Granted, you will need to grind your teeth and persevere on your first dungeon while figuring it out, but after 10 minutes of experience it becomes a breeze.

Reactions: Donutmaester

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
Ex-fucking-cuse me but did Cherin just try to justify his actions by comparing himself to the biggest self-insert fan fiction bitch in all of literary fiction (Lancelot du Lac)? To hell with getting back on even terms with this man. The dude can fuck off forever.
Cherin is cementing his place as King Shit since no responses yield positive points now and he still believes Red needs to be stopped.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Cherin is cementing his place as King Shit since no responses yield positive points now and he still believes Red needs to be stopped.
Cheren is just being contrarian, but the status screen betrays him: the more "negative" you get with him, the higher the level of your relationship grows. Which is the opposite of everyone else, since getting in negatives with them nets you the level of big fat 0. I suspect there'll be a point in the story where he comes around and your score will get multiplied by -1 again.

food121212

Oct 2, 2017
Weird thing happening to me, every time i load a save now it just takes me to the final floor of the dungeon against the pokemon with 100 hp. This happening to anyone else?

Oct 18, 2018
Weird thing happening to me, every time i load a save now it just takes me to the final floor of the dungeon against the pokemon with 100 hp. This happening to anyone else?
Don't save mid-dungeon.

This should be fixed in the most recent release of the game, but save files where this happened may occasionally have some artifacts that interfere with the fix. If you have another save from a point before you started doing the dungeon (like is generally common among visual novel players) you should load that one instead.

food121212

Oct 2, 2017
Don't save mid-dungeon.

This should be fixed in the most recent release of the game, but save files where this happened may occasionally have some artifacts that interfere with the fix. If you have another save from a point before you started doing the dungeon (like is generally common among visual novel players) you should load that one instead.
I managed to fix it, thx

Oct 8, 2019
Cheren is just being contrarian, but the status screen betrays him: the more "negative" you get with him, the higher the level of your relationship grows. Which is the opposite of everyone else, since getting in negatives with them nets you the level of big fat 0. I suspect there'll be a point in the story where he comes around and your score will get multiplied by -1 again.
Well, it can stay negative. Dude is a well-written antagonist but I have no interest in seeing him come around to the good side. I sure as hell don't want him to face turn during his death either. Let him live with his failure.

sds800

Oct 2, 2021
I hope the new dungeon rework is actually put together well this time.. just have it be the normal movement with REGULAR pokemon battles none of this worry about your map placement and magic bullshit. or at the very fucking least allow us to save mid dungeon because well if you lose on floor 10 then tough fuckin luck buddy you gotta do it ALL over again. cant even beat the final dungeon to continue sabrinas story its just not possible when i lose every companion before floor 3 because they just suck. so i guess ill wait for the next big update to finish this game which is a shame because i really enjoyed the story up until this point idk what the developers were thinking adding this system as is.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
its just not possible when i lose every companion before floor 3 because they just suck
Make sure to pick a good counter-type for your Pikachu and then switch to individual command mode to attack your targets from range using MC. You can pretty much one-shot everything, meaning the companions who tend to trail behind your character never really take damage (or they can walk off what little they do take)

If a companion is ranged they can safely contribute in individual command mode too, although it's rarely needed.

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
I hope someone make some kinda Cheat program for this game, hate need to edit save everytime the Pokémon get level up and so we can break the level cap

Oct 18, 2018
I hope someone make some kinda Cheat program for this game, hate need to edit save everytime the Pokémon get level up and so we can break the level cap
You can just play the game normally, you know. Even without cheating, if you're playing it the way it ideally works, you'll reach a point fairly quickly where the level cap on the classes you focus on will get a lot higher than your gained exp reaches. It's a game you're meant to play by making decisions and working towards things over time.

• Wow
Reactions: Epigonid
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes