Nice i caught myself a lapras and piplup

pretty happy with that addition

even managed to get the frenzied ninetails as well

Lapras is a mean tanky water/ice beast with some heal action as well

Raj1

Jun 28, 2022
To set the ability you can use:
playerparty[X].Ability = "ability name"
Wow that was fast, did you immediately check and figure it out or was it somewhere on the thread that I didn't find?

If you have the time can you later check the Liberation Limit?

Although it sounds like your just hitting the point where you get it at the beginning of Week 6.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
All of this is explained to you not long after that battle.
Do you mean the talk about the new stones etc? If so then i can't say it addressed those particular concerns, especially since the talk boiled down to "we don't know wtf these stones are so, i dunno, just go out and maybe play around with them".

Equipping the stone to switch type is quite different from combat ability to pick two of them per turn, and it took me a while to figure out that when the description talks about "suitable pokemon" when teaching moves, this extends to Pikachu and not just the specific pokemon associated with the stone.

There's also a small drawback with this new system -- while you can get moves of other pokemons, ironically you have no convenient way to re-learn "native" moves of Pikachu (Electro Ball etc) once you replace them with something else. (yes, you get a reset once couple in-game days later, but that's single occurence) I've been getting around this using a console command to adjust the moveset, but obv. not everyone will.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Wow that was fast, did you immediately check and figure it out or was it somewhere on the thread that I didn't find?

If you have the time can you later check the Liberation Limit?

Although it sounds like your just hitting the point where you get it at the beginning of Week 6.
Just looked it up in the game script. It doesn't take long to find something relevant in the game .rpy files with a basic text editor which can do bulk search, like Notepad++

For the new limit thing, you can set it simply using maxliberationlimit = X where X is the desired limit.

Reactions: Raj1

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Do you mean the talk about the new stones etc? If so then i can't say it addressed those particular concerns, especially since the talk boiled down to "we don't know wtf these stones are so, i dunno, just go out and maybe play around with them".

Equipping the stone to switch type is quite different from combat ability to pick two of them per turn, and it took me a while to figure out that when the description talks about "suitable pokemon" when teaching moves, this extends to Pikachu and not just the specific pokemon associated with the stone.

There's also a small drawback with this new system -- while you can get moves of other pokemons, ironically you have no convenient way to re-learn "native" moves of Pikachu (Electro Ball etc) once you replace them with something else. (yes, you get a reset once couple in-game days later, but that's single occurence) I've been getting around this using a console command to adjust the moveset, but obv. not everyone will.
The game basicly only says that pickachu his move pool needs to be fixed ... But so far no idea how to do that

Maybe we can do thaat with certain everals stones but then u need to lvl up those characters in the game their friendship

But yeah its kindda messed up that suddenly the moves of pikachu got scambled up

Raj1

Jun 28, 2022
Just looked it up in the game script. It doesn't take long to find something relevant in the game .rpy files with a basic text editor which can do bulk search, like Notepad++
Yea, I should learn how to do so myself at some point, hell your referencing changing movepools as well, which is something I tried to look into when I lost Electro Ball, but I couldn't find any posts.

I originally thought that Lance would be able to teach it back to Pikachu and thought it was for the best since it took up 70 Power, but man was I annoyed when Lance said he'd never be able to figure out what Pikachu Liberation could learn now.

Although once I get one of the EV grinder's, I'm likely to keep Pikachu in that form for grinding and swap back to Mega Heracross Arm Thrust for serious battles.

Only thing I've personally changed in the code was allowing console commands, and leaving it at that, as it's harder to screw up your save file/game with it, but I should look into it more, from there I can likely figure out the command for changing moves, in the Console.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yea, I should learn how to do so myself at some point, hell your referencing changing movepools as well, which is something I tried to look into when I lost Electro Ball, but I couldn't find any posts.
To set moves, you can use the folllwing:

playerparty[X].Moves = [GetMove("Quick Attack"), GetMove("Growl"), GetMove("Nuzzle"), GetMove("Electro Ball")]

where X is the position of the pokemon in your party, as usual. This particular set is what Pikachu's move pool is reset to on Monday when the liberation limit comes into play. You can supply other moves obv. but i'm not sure how the game will react when/if it belatedly notices the liberation limit was exceeded.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Uh-oh:

1709021611599.png

(context: this is Leaf's reaction to learning MC has been a subby good boy for Janine, and now i can't help but feel concerned where it's all heading /s

• Haha
Reactions: michael1984
Oct 18, 2018
The game is now updated to version 2.28.2024 and Freud intends this to be the last version of the Week 6 release of the game. That will stand, unless any more game breaking bugs appear. The voting on content for Week 7 has begun in the game's official Discord.

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The game is now updated to version 2.28.2024 and Freud intends this to be the last version of the Week 6 release of the game. That will stand, unless any more game breaking bugs appear. The voting on content for Week 7 has begun in the game's official Discord.

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:
Do we know what changes were made in this updated version ?

Oct 18, 2018
Do we know what changes were made in this updated version ?
Here's the changelog contents from after 2.20.

2024-02-23 Typos.
2024-02-28 Added click controls to dungeons.
2024-02-28 Added Flintlock and Hewdraw to credits.
2024-02-28 Typos, bugs.
2024-02-28 Red Chibi will show up when not playing as Red.
2024-02-28 Resized chibis.
2024-02-28 Blue and Leaf won't misgender people.
2024-02-28 Wishiwashi wishiworks.
2024-02-28 Update domove.rpy
2024-02-28 Fixed Hilbert rank issue.
2024-02-28 Music fix on 5/6.
2024-02-28 Student COuncil Gardenia investment can't take you over the cap.
2024-02-28 Fixed hiding of pokemon sidescreen when adjusting liberation limit.
2024-02-28 Mega/Giga options won't show up for inapplicable 'mons.
2024-02-28 Raihan scene fixes.
2024-02-28 Fixed Shedinja contingency for Dawn.
2024-02-28 Fixed Floette evolution.
2024-02-28 Fixed character sprites being duplicated if you name yourself something stupid.
2024-02-28 Re-archiving.
2024-02-28 Update version.

Oct 18, 2018
Is there a way to play in android?
It's possible to play it using joiplay since it's a game built in renpy, but that occasionally causes some bugs that haven't been as closely tracked in testing. It works, just be aware of that in case something funky happens.

Reactions: Raj1

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Wich pokemon eggs could u end up with witout upsetting others

So far i ended up with a deino and happiny and tyrogue

Can u only have 3 eggs if u dont wanna offend anyone ?

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Wich pokemon eggs could u end up with witout upsetting others

So far i ended up with a deino and happiny and tyrogue

Can u only have 3 eggs if u dont wanna offend anyone ?
You can get Smoochum from Melony if you switch it with another egg, Larvesta will upset May no matter what except for just letting her have it without a fight, let Flannery have Magby no matter the time of day, Tyrogue is safe if you at least talk with Bea before taking it, don't give Togepi to Misty either keep it or give it to Calem, Mantyke is safe just don't peek at Skyla and she won't be upset, in order to get Happiny you must give up an egg but otherwise no real consequence of making someone mad.

Wynaut Toxel and Bonsly are safe to grab, and the only way to get Deino is if you have 3 or less eggs and didn't upset anyone.

Last edited:

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port of Pokemon Academy Life Forever to v02.20c.2024.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Reactions: lxh123
Oct 18, 2018
The poll for which group story gets an entry added in the next update is over. Rusted Swords wins, which means that Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Bianca, and Bea will get scenes in the next update that adds a Week of the game.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive
Oct 18, 2018
New announcement from the developer regarding the state of dungeons:
Ladies, gentlemen, and distinguished others. Let's talk about dungeons.

I have decided to rework them significantly. Allow me to explain my reasoning.

There are large flaws with the system. After seeing weeks of discussion, it seems clear that the dungeons are overwhelmingly challenging for people who have no idea what they're doing, but present no difficulty whatsoever to people who do know what they're doing. They have a high skill floor and a low skill ceiling, which is not a good combination.

The new style of dungeons will bear few similarities to the current style, so guides and advice for the current style will have limited relevancy to the new style. Apologies for making these helpful and thoughtful community-crafted guides obsolete. The new style of dungeon is going to prioritize a few different things:
  • Swiftness of setup.
  • Intuitiveness of controls.
  • Variety of encounters.
It will continue to require you to make use of your party members, as the primary gameplay mechanic.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Omnom88 and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
New announcement from the developer regarding the state of dungeons:
I feel like the dungeons would receive significantly less complaints if the player could save their game to some extent, e.g. when changing floors. The latter instances could get rather punishing with having to go through like 10+ of these without making any major error. Or simply tedious, with no way to take a break mid-trip.

Reactions: Donutmaester
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes