VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can anyone give a example how to input this to work ....
playerparty[X].IVs = [a, b, c, d, e, f] changes iv's for Pokemon in party. X=0-5, where 0=slot 1 and 5=slot 6. a=hp, b=attack, etc. number range of 0-31.
playerparty[0].IVs = [31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31]

This would set all IVs for the first (topmost on the list) Pokemon in your party to max value (presuming the code hasn't changed in the latest game release, i haven't tried it out yet)

Reactions: michael1984

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017

This would set all IVs for the first (topmost on the list) Pokemon in your party to max value (presuming the code hasn't changed in the latest game release, i haven't tried it out yet)
Thanks alot much appreciated... Also it worked thanks for simplifying it

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
well finally figured out the whole dungeon thing

u can increase the belly or pp with the stuff u find in the dungeon if ur lucky

and i understand the battles more now too

But still get my ass kicked in the easy dungeon after a while

with the team battles against one pokemon before i can atack it one on one

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017

Got another question

since u posted this console commands

playerparty[X].RecalculateStats() to update Pokemon's stats after changing iv's

But it doesnt do anything when inputted like it says above

or do i need to put something in between the () ?

the other console commands work fine tho

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
or do i need to put something in between the () ?
No, but you will need to replace X with a number indicating which Pokemon in your party you're trying to update, e.g.

playerparty[0].RecalculateStats()

will recalculate stats of the first (topmost on the list) Pokemon in your party.

Also, keep on mind this command will only have any noticeable effect after you change that Pokemon's IVs, since it's the IVs that determine how much HP etc the Pokemon will have at their given level.

• Thinking Face

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
No, but you will need to replace X with a number indicating which Pokemon in your party you're trying to update, e.g.

playerparty[0].RecalculateStats()

will recalculate stats of the first (topmost on the list) Pokemon in your party.

Also, keep on mind this command will only have any noticeable effect after you change that Pokemon's IVs, since it's the IVs that determine how much HP etc the Pokemon will have at their given level.
Well i did exactly what u said i changed the ivs that console command u gave worked turned everything to 31

But then i tried the console command for recalculating and nothing changed stats wise

so is the console command broken ?

Well the only change that happend was 1 hp increase

but the other stats remained the same

or will the stats change considerable after lvling up ?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But then i tried the console command for recalculating and nothing changed stats wise

so is the console command broken ?
Hmm in my experience it works, but depending on the Pokemon's original IVs (if the change wasn't very large) the resulting numbers could be more or less the same, especially if the Pokemon's level is low. I mean, at low level the extra HP or attack/defense values can be 1-2 points, if that.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hmm in my experience it works, but depending on the Pokemon's original IVs (if the change wasn't very large) the resulting numbers could be more or less the same, especially if the Pokemon's level is low. I mean, at low level the extra HP or attack/defense values can be 1-2 points, if that.
So basicly i should only change the iv at a later stage like when they higher lvls like around lvl 15 and higher for it to work ?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So basicly i should only change the iv at a later stage like when they higher lvls like around lvl 15 and higher for it to work ?
You can change them early too, you'll still reap (small) benefits with each level even if they aren't easily noticeable, and these benefits will add up.

Raj1

Jun 28, 2022
So, more for my own laziness than anything else, I decided to compile all the console commands, as well as any encounter lists, I can find in the thread all into one post that I'll edit whenever I see a new one floating around. Credit will be given to original posters.
This is really useful thanks, I'll keep this list of all the Console Commands in mind as before hand I just searched every specific feature, I literally hunted everything else besides money out of curiosity before finding this total list of them.

Personally like using them for NG+, it's great to be able to feel like I'm keeping my abilities/Pokemon even as I start over, personally I like to pick very different Pokemon in subsequent runs who I caught and wanted to use but never did.

Since this is in between a lot of pages, guessing no one found out the Ability Change/Access PC/Item Dupes/Move Changes? Or most importantly of all a day swapper?

Ability Change and using the PC without going to the City are the doable ones I personally care about, but save respawning my own mon until I get the proper ability, their doesn't appear to be a better way, and I just try to multi-task by grinding if I ever need to go the PC.

It should allow me to experiment with Pickup at some point, heard something about recycling items? Well I'll wait until my enemies use it and then see.

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The dungeon part could be made better

Just make it actual pokemon battles when u see one move in to you

But now we get bumbed against a pokemon and we lose health points before we can even make it to a pokemon battle

Or just increase the amount of health recovery berrys or potions or whatever in the dungeons

Caus i been reloading dungeon runs for such a long time its getting annoying

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Access PC
To access PC from anywhere you'll need these two commands, entered one after the other:
show screen partymons
call screen pokemonswap

after you conclude your business and hit "Back" button you enter command:
hide screen partymons

to clean the display.

Reactions: Raj1

Raj1

Jun 28, 2022
To access PC from anywhere you'll need these two commands, entered one after the other:
show screen partymons
call screen pokemonswap

after you conclude your business and hit "Back" button you enter command:
hide screen partymons

to clean the display.
Thanks, I guess that just leaves Ability Change as the main other command I'm missing that I care about.

Swapping days would be the ultimate one and way better than all of the others since I like NG+, and playing to re-earn stuff, but I imagine that'd be really difficult and would likely break a lot of code to be honest, so likely not doable.

Just have to spend 30 minutes every NG+, copying the things that I care about.

Last edited:

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Ability Change and using the PC without going to the City are the doable ones I personally care about, but save respawning my own mon until I get the proper ability, their doesn't appear to be a better way, and I just try to multi-task by grinding if I ever need to go the PC.
While you're in a wild area, you can save and then use the append command to append the pokemon you want to your party and if it doesn't have the ability you want you can reload your save, get into a fight and run, then try appending again. The ability gets rerolled each time a battle passes (or you switch pokemon apparently). It's not quite on the level of an ability changer but it's significantly faster and easier than hunting through the wild.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Thanks, I guess that just leaves Ability Change as the main other command I'm missing that I care about.
To set the ability you can use:
playerparty[X].Ability = "ability name"

where X is the position of pokemon in your party. E.g. playerparty[0].Ability = "Solar Power" will set the ability of the first (topmost) pokemon in the player's party accordingly. Note, there's no checks whether given pokemon is eligible for specified ability, so hijinks can ensue if you want to abuse it.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A propos of nothing, a stupid question: the type-changing move for Pikachu was only available for me in the fight with Altaria, and afterwards Pikachu only has 3 available basic moves (because one was replaced with the one-hit-ko for the finale, and it disappears afterwards) and no type changing skill. Is this how things are supposed to be, or was it maybe bugged in the previous release and now i'm saddled with it?

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
No type changing skill after that is intentional but idk about missing a move. I do think it's not a bug in the sense that we did choose to forget a move but it is a shame that you're left with no way to remember whatever move you lost. On the other hand, choosing to forget Play Nice at that fight goes hard.

Oct 18, 2018
A propos of nothing, a stupid question: the type-changing move for Pikachu was only available for me in the fight with Altaria, and afterwards Pikachu only has 3 available basic moves (because one was replaced with the one-hit-ko for the finale, and it disappears afterwards) and no type changing skill. Is this how things are supposed to be, or was it maybe bugged in the previous release and now i'm saddled with it?
All of this is explained to you not long after that battle.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes