POLL: What's your favorite age group for a sexable NPC?

What's your favorite age group for a sexable NPC?

• 18-19 (TEEN)

Votes: 200 34.5%
  • Around 22-27 (ADULT)

Votes: 158 27.3%
  • Around 31-37 (MILF or other)

Votes: 128 22.1%
  • Around 40+ (GILF or other)

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Other, I'll respond with different thoughts on this.

Votes: 35 6.0%

• Total voters

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
(YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE. That's the challenging part. It will make you decide which is truly your favorite.)

Trying to feel out a general, f95zone consensus on this topic. . I just want to see which age is the most popular on this general discussion sub-forum.

EDIT: I understand that genre matters. GENRE is very important in regards to age group, especially in regards to maledom, femdom or traditional relationship dynamics where male is older than the female, but even then, I still wanted to see what the overall most popular age group was on f95zone general discussion.
EDIT: Also, if a poll can reach a 1000 votes, then I feel it could provide some decent insight that might help devs.
EDIT: Also, it'll be interesting to see if Teen/Adult/Milf all turn out even; since I can reliably predict GILF will be lowest in votes, or will one age group vastly outnumber the others?

EDIT: Why is there a gap in-between the age groups? In my head, I was thinking from a character design point of view. When designing a TEEN character, you want them to look different from an ADULT. The age gap represents the stark difference in appearance between a TEEN and ADULT. I probably should've explained that better.

Let's assume I made the poll like this:

a) 18-19
b) 20-30
c) 31-40

Based on the above age groups, the following problematic possibility exists: The person voting is thinking of two characters. One is age 19, and the other is age 20. With an age gap of 1 year, how different will they look when designing the character? The 20 year old could still be mistaken for a 19 year old. So the age gap represents the clear, visual difference between characters: TEEN / ADULT / MILF / GILF. I'm open to better interpretations or opinions on this. Also keep in mind I used terms like MILF or other, or GILF or other.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Anything before the mid-20s puts me off a bit because I remember how immature I still was at that age. Especially games with an 18-year-old fresh out of school have an "ick" factor, because there really wasn't that much of a mental difference between 15 and 18 to me.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
So... 20-21, 28-30 and 38-39 aren't valid ages? :oops:
Why didn't you include them?

And 40 is a bit young for a GILF, 45+ (menopause) or 50+ sounds more appropriate. :unsure:
I thought a gap should exist, so one can clearly see the age difference among the characters. I still used the term "around" so pick the closest possible choice.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
40+ milf. a milf in her 30s doesn't sell the motherly part of the fantasy.

seeing how low 40+ gilf scores, I'm wondering if the gilf part puts people off? because it definitely does it for me. when I think gilf I don't of a woman who's daughter has a kid. I'm thinking of an old granny with saggy bits. I'm also assuming that's what the gilf audience goes for? I'm mean I'm sure they're not going for a 32yo bikini model who had a kid at 16yo.

there's more to milf & gilf than having kids and grandchildren. it's about a social role, the role of a mature home maker or a career oriented soccer mom etc.

this is also something so many milf stories get wrong when they write "my mom still looks so young she'd easily pass for a college girl." That's the wrong age. if you wanna write about milfs they can't look 20yo.

Last edited:

Skade32

May 9, 2020
The numbers don't seem right in my opinion but I voted MILF.

40+ milf. a milf in her 30s doesn't sell the motherly part of the fantasy.

seeing how low 40+ gilf scores, I'm wondering if the gilf part puts people off? because it definitely does it for me. when I think gilf I don't of a woman who's daughter has a kid. I'm thinking of an old granny with saggy bits. I'm also assuming that's what the gilf audience goes for? I'm mean I'm sure they're not going for a 32yo bikini model who had a kid at 16yo.

there's more to milf & gilf than having kids and grandchildren. it's about a social role, the role of a mature home maker or a career oriented soccer mom etc.

this is also something so many milf stories get wrong when they write "my mom still looks so young she'd easily pass for a college girl." That's the wrong age. if you wanna write about milfs they can't look 20yo.
I completely agree with you on the looks part. I always find a older woman who looks like a mature woman be very attractive.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
EDIT: Why is there a gap in-between the age groups? In my head, I was thinking from a character design point of view. When designing a TEEN character, you want them to look different from an ADULT. The age gap represents the stark difference in appearance between a TEEN and ADULT. I probably should've explained that better.

Let's assume I made the poll like this:

a) 18-19
b) 20-30
c) 31-40

Based on the above age groups, the following problematic possibility exists: The person voting is thinking of two characters. One is age 19, and the other is age 20. With an age gap of 1 year, how different will they look when designing the character? The 20 year old could still be mistaken for a 19 year old. So the age gap represents the clear, visual difference between characters: TEEN / ADULT / MILF / GILF.
I'm open to better interpretations or opinions on this.
As the poll is apparently about the appearance and the design and maybe even the behavior of NPCs, there is not really a reason to include numerical ages in this kind of poll. :unsure:

The labels teen, young adult (because everyone is an adult ;)), MILF (or mature or cougar) and GILF (or senior or silver fox) should be sufficient, because, as mentioned, it's not about age but about appearance, and age numbers might mislead people with different understanding what age those labels belong to, as can be seen.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
When mapping it to the "design archetype" instead of numerical age the list is woefully incomplete. Genre, personality and sexual content/fetishes constrain the character designs to an extent.

For example the stereotypical "pure, innocent virgin childhood friend" just doesn't work if she's 35 years old, whether you're going for lighthearted romance or heavy NTR.

And where do you place amazoness warriors for contrast with silicone doll bimbos? I might pick "MILF" looking for an experienced woman to skip past the teen drama, jailbait and "first time" stairway bullshit, but that doesn't mean I want a permanently lactating hucow to call "mommy" while she squeezes me between her torso-sized breasts.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Anywhere from early 20s to mid 50s.
Basically any adults after they stop looking like kids and before they start looking like grannies.
Really can't get much more defined than that. Highly depends on each individual character's looks and personality for me.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Honestly, anywhere between 25-50 is great. I certainly find that the older I get myself, the older a woman needs to be before I think of her as "old" herself. University age women (20-24) can be very hot, but they tend to be so much of the focus in so many games that it becomes too much. A lot of devs tend to render them to look much too young for my tastes too.

I did get a laugh out of the idea that a 40ish woman could be a Gilf. Maybe to a teenager? Gilf is more like 55+ guys.

Last edited:

Fliwatüt

Jun 24, 2021
So the age gap represents the clear, visual difference between characters: TEEN / ADULT / MILF / GILF. I'm open to better interpretations or opinions on this. Also keep in mind I used terms like MILF or other, or GILF or other.

Regarding to your poll, I'd like TEEN / ADULT / MILF / GILF where the body somehow fits the category. So TEENs may be a little bit more petite or girlish, or MILFs may be a bit more volouptous. What I don't like is when a family from the youngest daughter to the grandmother has the same youthful and voluptuous body, the same young face, and when the only difference is in the hairstyle and in the clothes.

Thank you for asking, and thank you for your work!

Reactions: hakarlman