• Gray background

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • White background

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
Hi.. im having a creative difference with my team in terms of an upcoming game.
So we need help deciding. Witch art is better ...color of background is strictry for distinction purposes.
Thanks

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
The gray one fits better if you are going for gilf, white one has a young and small jawline that doesn't fit well with the rest of the character in my opinion.

Reactions: Angel1984

ZephyrCloack

Mar 1, 2022
Well my opinion,

part - prefer gray or white - reason

background - gray - because of better contrast between character vs background.
eyebrows - none - both need to be thinner and more uniform.
nose - none - both need a retouch.
ears - none - both need to be smaller. i wouldn't mind if the ears would be completely hidden with that hairstyle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
face - white - grey square jawline is making the character look a bit to male.
lips - gray - mainly because white upper lip looks a bit to thin to me.
neck - gray - though both are kinda tall and the trapezius muscle is to flat; the neck straitening in white needs to be more uniform not just a weird bend though i prefer this approach it needs a better implementation and why i end up voting gray in this category.
shadows - white - mainly because at least in that one the left half of the face doesn't have shadow, i would also try a lighter tone for that shadow and perhaps a different color, to me as it is looks bad.

Considering the rest of the body is pretty much equal in both i will refrain from sharing my opinion on those parts.

On another aspect if the goal is the character cosplaying as X-men Storm it's fine though if it's Storm you could get rid of the eyes iris.

• Red Heart

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I seriously can't tell the difference. They both look fine, except for the faces, which are gross in both (sorry), as reflected by other comments above. I'd pay less attention to minimal differences and work on improving the face of the model. The only extremely unappealing part in an otherwise good drawing. As the faces look equally bad in both, it's not worth comparing the faces of the two.

• Red Heart
Sep 20, 2020
Hi.. im having a creative difference with my team in terms of an upcoming game.
So we need help deciding. Witch art is better ...color of background is strictry for distinction purposes.
Thanks
Right one - the one with white background. The face shape is more feminine than the one with the grey background

• Red Heart

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
I seriously can't tell the difference. They both look fine, except for the faces, which are gross in both (sorry), as reflected by other comments above.
oh there is absolutly no need to be sorry.. after looking at something for 20 hrs straight theese things kinda get lost in the process :).. and ultimately this will lead to a better art.. Thanks !

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
oh there is absolutly no need to be sorry.. after looking at something for 20 hrs straight theese things kinda get lost in the process :).. and ultimately this will lead to a better art.. Thanks !
Thanks for accepting criticism gracefully. IMO, it's the way you're texturizing/shading the faces that make them look unappealing, along with where you decided to shade instead of outline. Plus there might be some unevenness/asymmetry in the faces in general, or weird facial structure. The bodies are well drawn and appealing (though the left arm could use a line up to the pit), so I'm sure you all have the skill to draw a more appealing face if you rework your style & note realistic facial structures.

Last edited: