freedomfr

Jan 19, 2024
which aspect of this game do you like? the top down rpg grid combat? breeding munchkin unit? town/dating? or just h-game with decent gameplay instead of just visual novel/sandbox?
I like freedom. all VN or pseudo sandbox games made with RPGs are not as good as this game. i'd like to see more gameplay in h-projects, not just beautiful graphics.

RayBar

May 12, 2020
It's sad but true: why do developers pay more attention to graphics than gameplay...
Can't comment on the Devs but I am referring to players here,I have seen ppl having a literal breakdown in the forums because their GAME isn't a glorified slideshow and they actually have to do quests/learn mechanics/do management and GRIND(a concept completely foreign to them). Worst is when instead of just crying in the comment section,they actually leave a review:sick:

Reactions: freedomfr

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
I like freedom. all VN or pseudo sandbox games made with RPGs are not as good as this game. i'd like to see more gameplay in h-projects, not just beautiful graphics.
Can't garantee that this is what you are looking for but...
Text-based games with some gameplay (and that I can enjoy playing):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Although its part VN, since I like it so much...

Reactions: DuniX
Sep 23, 2021

That being said, if you just want game with gameplay, here are some Rogue-like/lite, and here some another list of game with just gameplay ingeneral.

Reactions: DuniX and TalRash4

freedomfr

Jan 19, 2024
Can't garantee that this is what you are looking for but...
Text-based games with some gameplay (and that I can enjoy playing):
Although its part VN, since I like it so much...
god damn, you're the savior

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The UI could improve, certainly. I think the problem is that people might be jumping in without trying the tutorial character first (which, itself, is still not ideal, considering the layers of management present in the game), then the game throws everything and the kitchen sink at them from the start, they quickly get overwhelmed and bounce off of it.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Visually the UI is fine, it is not ugly-looking and actually rather pretty in some aspects.

The issue is that it is extremely disorganized in its design, information and options that should be in proximity to each other due to similar use cases are often scattered in completely different windows and menus for no reason.

It also fails to draw attention to the really critical features over the clutter of random miscellaneous ones. I.e, why the fuck is the "change/create" menu, the one that lets you spend skill/genetic points to improve the 3 classic protagonists and actually make use out of their unique abilities, just in a random box on the bottom left part of your screen and given the same prominence as buttons like "Wait 15 min" or "Date Deck"? The first is a rather useless shortcut while the latter is related to just the dating minigame.

The tutorials and some trial-and-error make it perfectly doable to learn the game, but the UI really doesn't do it any favors from a practical standpoint.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
It's not really a problem of UI or Tutorials, it's simply just a difficult game to get in to because it has no progression and pacing to slowly ease you in.
In fact what you do on Day 1 could make or break your run.
And it's not a easy game for beginners when the game throws King's Quests, Combat, Expeditions and Making Money.
Especially if you do shorter runs it absolutely spams you with essence portals and artifacts.
And it's not a easy game for experienced players if you crank up the difficulty modifiers and CR.

Players just need to figure out some strategies for themselves they do in the first few Days.
Personally my strategy is prepare my starters for the brothel just to get some reliable source of money, especially if they are virgins.
Then use Dating and Recruiting the Town NPCs to make decent expedition party that doesn't depend on your starters that much.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 76 Votes