clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I'll add that for water opening portals you need 1 unit with the "oxygen provider" trait in your team. plant-mermaids and floaters are easy sources for that.
Swimmer only reduces time to move on water tiles (can be taught by Lumira as well), it doesn't grant you entry into water portals, you need water breathing for that (or an oxygen provider).

Water portals
->1 oxygen provider or all water breathing/gills trait (can be learned from Lumira as Evolution)/aquatic units
Lava portals
->1 lava mount or all lava type/heat resistant trait units
Air portals
->1 flying mount/all flying trait units

And remember that mounts need to be +1 size of the units they have to carry.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I vaguely remember also getting into either portal type by simply having a large pegasus that I bred and beefed up for that specific purpose. I guess the ability to fly bypasses the need for oxygen providers or lava immunity. Or did I dream all that? I've done so much in the game that sometimes it all just blends together.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
So I'm not sure if I'm understanding what the gene adapter does since it doesn't seem to be working. It says "10% per diff(erence?)." The hybrid using the gene adapter has 3 strength and the partner has 6. Does that mean a 30% chance per egg? There's been 4 eggs created already and none of the gene skills have increased on the hybrid that used the potion.

I'm trying to boost some of my favorite npcs so they would be somewhat viable but it seems like they're useless if you want an effective team in portals. You don't get enough king's potions and any other method is way too slow.

It just seems like the unique characters are useless and just dead weight.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
So I'm not sure if I'm understanding what the gene adapter does since it doesn't seem to be working. It says "10% per diff(erence?)." The hybrid using the gene adapter has 3 strength and the partner has 6. Does that mean a 30% chance per egg? There's been 4 eggs created already and none of the gene skills have increased on the hybrid that used the potion.

I'm trying to boost some of my favorite npcs so they would be somewhat viable but it seems like they're useless if you want an effective team in portals. You don't get enough king's potions and any other method is way too slow.

It just seems like the unique characters are useless and just dead weight.
No, gene adapter makes it so with 6 and 3 STR, the unit with 3 STR has 30% chance of growing to 4 STR overnight, then 20% to grow to 5 STR the next if it was successful, and finally 10% growing to 6 if growth to 5 worked. I has nothing to do with eggs directly, it's there to boost the genes of your weaker breeding unit.

Reactions: Aquilez

imelman

May 15, 2018
During hard times where my internet in my country is going to become locked off from global internet, I am trying to explain what new changes I found from the previous patch to the current, as much as I can despite this probably becoming the last post I will make until the times will become better, and hopefully I wont die or get caught while trying to escape the Combine occupied country in Europe that is currently in war against Resistance members who are fighting for their lives while we fight for our survival.

So in order:

The new overworld map building options are great, depending on your main character, such as beacons that can be used to have map vision and free stabilization if you have 3 or more, rewarding exploration, workforce builds that allow you to harvest resources and claim them when needed, camps that allow you to remotely drop off gear/characters while looking for new items to get/characters to recruit, and so on. By far, alongside new materials, like scarabs gotten from chopping trees and other options, the fairly good one to have for your needs to make a portal a good place to get resources you want to farm and new recruits to get.

The change to brothel income is fairly high, since it used to be by far the most money making strategy you could pull due to massive amount of tips you would get, breaking the gold economy in the process, but now it is more or less balanced, its still fairly high if you put effort, but it does make the very specific strategy that is used by certain strategic folk to get to challenge rank 20-30+(I am still waiting for new ones to come)harder than it was before. Still, it is now balanced, still high if you put in effort, but not to terrifying levels as before, and show money is still the same, meaning it is more or less balanced as a result.

There's no new achievements, but changes to the familiar portal give it a meaning beyond a place that you only visit to upgrade one of your special characters, get a special material for an extra equipment piece to craft, or get a special party member, extra special characters to recruit, or skill training from events in town if you clear it from its rulers, but now it has far more - a special unique character, more events, an actual reason to stay in that world, but also a reason to open it and secure it for your needs.

The normal new characters are related to a special rare biome and certain requirements such as worm creatures being in your party, and while I have to see what they do yet, the fact that rare biomes can now overlap and having more than one in a map is a good change, since it makes said portal more valuable to stabilize and develop.

The dating got new cards and characters got new art related to it, like the guild member having petting related actions, new events that reward resting when you have no good actions to use, rerolls that can be refilled from events/tavern actions and many other dynamic systems that make it better to play. You can still recruit certain characters day 1 with dating modifier if you do the right steps to secure your early game.

Overall, while this update has no new achievements yet, the features, balance changes, fixes and such makes it good overall, and hopefully it will continue is that way.

Reactions: ankhtar

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
Has the dev finally put in art for different body configurations after randomly "updating" all the character art for no fucking reason into the same exact art style or nah?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Don't try to learn everything at a time, and use the info popups that are everywhere.
big "categories" to learn are combat/breeding/moneymaking/crafting/dating.

The game is very sandbox-y and RNG-dependant so there aren't really any walkthroughs or guides, only general advice. You learn by playing mostly.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
is their a guide for this game?
I almost had one finished, then the game updated and like 50% of it was wrong. And then I didn't finish it... oops...

Best advice I can give is this, expect to lose your first few games. You'll probably need to restart a couple times before your first win. Just start a medium length game and play around with the different systems. And then try and do better or learn a bit more each game.

Don't play on freeplay, you won't get unlocks.

Start by trying to learn how to make money.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I think it's one of those games that completely overwhelms you at first, but if you keep climbing that hill, you'll find yourself doing most things you considered "hard" at first on mindless autopilot later on.

The wiki vaguely explains some things, and there's some tips displayed in game, but I believe the game would benefit a lot from a real tutorial.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah it could, but in order for it to be anywhere near relatable and useful, i think it should be very railroaded and on a tutorial-special seed.
Like, now we're gona do this, so go there by clicking here then do this and that, now back home and sleep to see the result, etc... Just to be able to show instead of make read.
But that's a lot of work i think >.>

learning by playing and failing is fine for now, i guess. the game isn't being unfair and trapping you at least.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah it could, but in order for it to be anywhere near relatable and useful, i think it should be very railroaded and on a tutorial-special seed.
Like, now we're gona do this, so go there by clicking here then do this and that, now back home and sleep to see the result, etc... Just to be able to show instead of make read.
But that's a lot of work i think >.>

learning by playing and failing is fine for now, i guess. the game isn't being unfair and trapping you at least.
Yeah, trying to write a guide was hard. I tried to simplify it down to like, just covering the general topics individually, and that was rough. You'd almost need a separate tutorial for each character too, at least if you want to get into their unique mechanics.

I'd probably just make two basic tutorials for making money and how to not run into the giant difficulty cliff with combat. That'd be enough to let people extrapolate out.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes