Tutorial Porting RPGMV games to android with zero coding

LTBergamot

Jun 20, 2018
If you have zero coding skills and have never used RPGM or it's variants or just plain lazy, or all three (that's me), this guide might help.

Pre-requisite :
An RPGMV android game.

A decryptor/encryptor tool (I use )
An audio encoder
A video encoder

Steps:
[In a nutshell]
Noticed most RPGM android games have the same structure inside except for the www folder. So, I replaced the www of one game with another and it actually worked! It gave me come errors, that's where the converters and decryptor comes in. It's usually a "Loading Error Failed to load XXX.XXX". Convert the files to that format, if files are encrypted, decrypt it, convert, encrypt it back and that's it.

[In depth]
• Open the .apk with APK Editor Studio. It takes a while to unpack, when it's done go to :- (APK Editor Studio Install folder)/data/temp/apk/(There will a folder with a long name like {8008135471F3-y0ur-m0m-15a57ut} . Open that)
• That folder contains the innards of the apk file. Go to :- assets/*. Delete the www folder and replace it with the www folder of the game you want.
• (Optional) Now, back to the APK Editor Studio Window, under Tools, select Clone APK. It will give a warning, click OK. Type in your desired package name. You can change app name with Edit Application Title, also under Tools.
• Save your apk.
• If you see "Loading Error Failed to load XXX.XXX" errors, convert the files to the format it says in the error. If original files are encrypted, decrypt it, convert and encrypt it back.
• (Optional) You can add Virtual Buttons with

Addendum:
• If .webm videos don't open properly, convert it to .mp4.
• This method also works for most .swf games. Find a working .swf apk port, replace it with the one you want.
Notepad++ is a very useful tool for editing those .js file. Some games might need a slight tweak with the .js files to work properly.

Credits:
RPG-Maker-MV-Decryptor - Petschko
UCHU_MobileOperations - Uchuzine; Nak

Last edited:

Butters01

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for the tutorial , but i am facing a weird issue while porting a rpgmv game to android apparently it doesn't loading/saving game , everything other than that works fine though

LTBergamot

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the tutorial , but i am facing a weird issue while porting a rpgmv game to android apparently it doesn't loading/saving game , everything other than that works fine though
That's weird. Idk the details but it stores saves like a browser. This might shed some light to your problem :

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Thanks for the tutorial. :)

:unsure: I have two questions:
- What to do when there is no www folder, the files are in the root of the game?
- Taking advantage of the base, I was able to assemble a game, but when taking advantage of the same base for another game, it presented a screen to update, and not to install. How to change the configuration in the base so that it doesn't understand that it is a duplicity?

LTBergamot

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the tutorial. :)

:unsure: I have two questions:
- What to do when there is no www folder, the files are in the root of the game?
- Taking advantage of the base, I was able to assemble a game, but when taking advantage of the same base for another game, it presented a screen to update, and not to install. How to change the configuration in the base so that it doesn't understand that it is a duplicity?
Sorry for the extremely late reply. As you said you used the same base, it has the same package name when exported. You have to change package name, not the title. You can do so via Settings -> Clone APK.