Possible NTR revenge game discussion

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
To all the NTR lovers and haters out there, I have a question that someone probably asked before, or not.

If there's a NTR revenge game where the MC who got NTRed came back to take revenge on the guy who NTRed him and the loved one(s) who betrayed him, will you prefer:

1. the game focused on the revenge part and keeps the part where MC got NTRed in either intro or maybe flashback.

2. split the game into two chapters, chapter 1 tells the story how he loses his loved one(s) to the antagonist, and chapter 2 tells how he came back and take revenge.

Basically I'm wondering if having the part where he got NTRed longer will make more impact to the story, and brings more satisfaction to the antagonist's downfall or it will be too painful for people to sit through it?

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I just want the eric gone as fast as possible. but that just probably means I'm not target audience for a 'ntr revenge game', and a person who were would want the revenge part go on as long and deep as possible.

for the actual question, I feel like stretching the ntr part would make the revenge fans quit before getting there. and if it's short you might lose the ntr fans. there might be a conceptual problem in joining these two things.

why isn't there a revenge genre anyway? that seems like it should be a thing. and yeah ntr would be a great starting point for one. or are revenge stories already included in some other tag I can't think of?

Reactions: Loxxxthenasty

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
I just want the eric gone as fast as possible. but that just probably means I'm not target audience for a 'ntr revenge game', and a person who were would want the revenge part go on as long and deep as possible.

for the actual question, I feel like stretching the ntr part would make the revenge fans quit before getting there. and if it's short you might lose the ntr fans. there might be a conceptual problem in joining these two things.

why isn't there a revenge genre anyway? that seems like it should be a thing. and yeah ntr would be a great starting point for one. or are revenge stories already included in some other tag I can't think of?
True, I've thought about this too. Longer NTR scenes might lose the revenge fans, shorter NTR scenes might lose the NTR fans. I wonder if it's possible to find balance between NTR and revenge part.

I also wonder if it will still pissed both fans if it's stated clearing from the beginning, like "I'm gonna do two chapters in this game, chapter 1 will focus on NTR and chapter 2 will focus on revenge", or "NTR part will only be in the intro"

Like if I make it this clear, will it still piss some fans off? I feel like it will only draw away those who're not interested in the beginning but I'm not sure.

And you're right, I don't know how many tags are out there but I feel like I don't see a lot of revenge type of game.

Anyway I just want to see a good NTR revenge type of game that MC who loses everything comes back to take revenge on everyone, and for me, I feel like the longer or more detailed NTR part is, the sweeter the revenge part feels, and as long as I know MC will have his revenge later, the NTR part becomes tolerable, but that's just me.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
and as long as I know MC will have his revenge later, the NTR part becomes tolerable, but that's just me.
I think as long as you make something you yourself honestly like there will be others who like it as well. it might not be the ntr crowd nor the revenge crowd, but if one likes it then there are always others. the more dangerous option is to make it something that doesn't fully work for you, because of trying to be tactical with demographics.

Reactions: Sir Gary Bummer

Slybeast99

Jun 22, 2017
You could always have the 2 chapters separate from each other and with chapter 2 have a quick recap for those that didn't play chapter 1, that way NTR lovers still get their NTR and NTR haters can just get right to the revenge stuff.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Short intro segment about getting cheated on isn't even NTR. It's just a story set up.

Half and half could be possible. Think Silent Wars web comic. But can you make both sections satisfying? There are not many Silent Wars out there.

Long NTR (basically whole game) with a route for revenge ending is relatively common. That's just an NTR game though.

So think about what you want. No romance/harem fan is touching the latter two. Some of them will play the first type. "Revenge fans" are generally either fans of corruption style giga chad MC putting bitches in their place, or they are a subset of NTR players that want some sort of comeuppance for the fuckers at the end of an NTR game. An inoffensive "got cheated on" back story is not NTR, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do this either. It just depends on what your game is about.

The thing is, story telling isn't restricted to some binary NTR or NOT classification. Silent War could more or less be divided onto those halves, but it was a good story because it was a drama at its core.

Last edited:
Reactions: woody554

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
I think as long as you make something you yourself honestly like there will be others who like it as well. it might not be the ntr crowd nor the revenge crowd, but if one likes it then there are always others. the more dangerous option is to make it something that doesn't fully work for you, because of trying to be tactical with demographics.
Oh I will definitely enjoy this, since I haven't seen VN like this I'm just gonna do it myself. Just figured to hear about others' opinion first before I do anything.

You could always have the 2 chapters separate from each other and with chapter 2 have a quick recap for those that didn't play chapter 1, that way NTR lovers still get their NTR and NTR haters can just get right to the revenge stuff.
That's a good idea, not sure if I want to make it two VN but I will keep it in mind.

Short intro segment about getting cheated on isn't even NTR. It's just a story set up.

Half and half could be possible. Think Silent Wars web comic. But can you make both sections satisfying? There are not many Silent Wars out there.

Long NTR (basically whole game) with a route for revenge ending is relatively common. That's just an NTR game though.

So think about what you want. No romance/harem fan is touching the latter two. Some of them will play the first type. "Revenge fans" are generally either fans of corruption style giga chad MC putting bitches in their place, or they are a subset of NTR players that want some sort of comeuppance for the fuckers at the end of an NTR game. An inoffensive "got cheated on" back story is not NTR, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do this either. It just depends on what your game is about.

The thing is, story telling isn't restricted to some binary NTR or NOT classification. Silent War could more or less be divided onto those halves, but it was a good story because it was a drama at its core.
My idea for now is to have the NTR part takes 1/5 or 1/4 of the game, like a long, elaborated intro for me to fully introduced the characters and how exactly MC got betrayed. I'm thinking to put two choices at the beginning of the game, for those who are interested in NTR or are okay with seeing a long, detailed NTR buildup, they can choose the "full story" option, for those who want to get into the revenge part as soon as possible, they can choose the "short intro" option, which will be a short recap from the full story version.

It definitely won't be like the third option you mentioned, I want the revenge part long, not just the ending. But I also don't want the NTR part to be too short, because the satisfaction won't feel as sweet.

I do like a good story where the giga chad MC put bitches in their place, but for this story I think I'm one of those subset of NTR players who wishes to see comeuppance for the antagonist, but not the end of the game, more like the middle of the game where he slowly loses everything.

Also, where can I read Silent Wars? Because all I found is the one from Marvel.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Oh I will definitely enjoy this, since I haven't seen VN like this I'm just gonna do it myself. Just figured to hear about others' opinion first before I do anything.

That's a good idea, not sure if I want to make it two VN but I will keep it in mind.

My idea for now is to have the NTR part takes 1/5 or 1/4 of the game, like a long, elaborated intro for me to fully introduced the characters and how exactly MC got betrayed. I'm thinking to put two choices at the beginning of the game, for those who are interested in NTR or are okay with seeing a long, detailed NTR buildup, they can choose the "full story" option, for those who want to get into the revenge part as soon as possible, they can choose the "short intro" option, which will be a short recap from the full story version.

It definitely won't be like the third option you mentioned, I want the revenge part long, not just the ending. But I also don't want the NTR part to be too short, because the satisfaction won't feel as sweet.

I do like a good story where the giga chad MC put bitches in their place, but for this story I think I'm one of those subset of NTR players who wishes to see comeuppance for the antagonist, but not the end of the game, more like the middle of the game where he slowly loses everything.

Also, where can I read Silent Wars? Because all I found is the one from Marvel.
Sounds like a good plan about that long vs short intro. You seem to have a good idea what you wanna do. Go for it.

As for Silent Wars, It's actually called My Kingdom (Silent War). Sorry for the confusion. And it's a manhwa. Google it and you will get many sites. I strongly suggest you read it because it might give you some inspiration. It seems extremely close to what you might be planning.

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
Sounds like a good plan about that long vs short intro. You seem to have a good idea what you wanna do. Go for it.

As for Silent Wars, It's actually called My Kingdom (Silent War). Sorry for the confusion. And it's a manhwa. Google it and you will get many sites. I strongly suggest you read it because it might give you some inspiration. It seems extremely close to what you might be planning.
Thanks, I will go check it out sometime.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
It seems complicated to me to target both audiences. To be more accurate, I'd say that the anti-NTR extremist won't touch your game, and the NTR purist won't enjoy it. You have to aim for something in between.

Then it's a question of balance between what is told and shown, and in what context.

You have to avoid clichés: incel, gold digger, pahtetic cuckold and so on.

AnimeKnowAll

Dec 4, 2023
Its actually quite difficult to strike a balance in this regard. It always comes down to the characters to be honest and their development to me. Lets say the cucked is not really tat likeable or isn't tat fleshed out or and has no redeeming feature other than being a nice guy(which lets face it is most NTR characters) then the focus tend to go more towards the girl and the corruption journey.

The revenge only has meaning if we are invested into the character tat was cucked and can emphasize with him in some way.

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
It seems complicated to me to target both audiences. To be more accurate, I'd say that the anti-NTR extremist won't touch your game, and the NTR purist won't enjoy it. You have to aim for something in between.

Then it's a question of balance between what is told and shown, and in what context.

You have to avoid clichés: incel, gold digger, pahtetic cuckold and so on.
I know, doing something like it's always a risky thing since it will trigger people on both ends, I just hope there's enough people in the middle who are interested in concept like this.

Also, about the cliches. I will try to avoid most of them but I can't say I can avoid all of them since people have different preference. I might like one or two of the cliches and people might also have different opinions on what's cliche and what's not.

Its actually quite difficult to strike a balance in this regard. It always comes down to the characters to be honest and their development to me. Lets say the cucked is not really tat likeable or isn't tat fleshed out or and has no redeeming feature other than being a nice guy(which lets face it is most NTR characters) then the focus tend to go more towards the girl and the corruption journey.

The revenge only has meaning if we are invested into the character tat was cucked and can emphasize with him in some way.
You are right, making the MC interesting and likeable to get the players to invest in him is important, otherwise people won't root for him. I definitely want the players to root for MC during the game, I will keep this tip in mind and try to make the MC likeable and appeal to the players.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I suggest trying Bastian family secret, it's based on Chinese web novel. Unfortunately, the source material is full of nonsense
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and the developer never made it clear if he plans to follow it (I hope he won't), but I liked the beginning of the story a lot. Sadly, the developer takes a very long time to release updates and the sex content itself is practically non-existent. But if you manage to bring the same intrigue, the tension, I think both camps will be interested. Simply give it a try, at most you will lose an hour of time.

MadHeadMaster

Oct 23, 2017
I suggest trying Bastian family secret, it's based on Chinese web novel. Unfortunately, the source material is full of nonsense
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and the developer never made it clear if he plans to follow it (I hope he won't), but I liked the beginning of the story a lot. Sadly, the developer takes a very long time to release updates and the sex content itself is practically non-existent. But if you manage to bring the same intrigue, the tension, I think both camps will be interested. Simply give it a try, at most you will lose an hour of time.
Thanks, I will try it. Do you know the web novel's name or it goes by the same name?

jarg

Oct 25, 2017
maybe it better I guess. so many 100% netorare game was release and I'm bored. rn I feel like they just lazy to make it becuz it trends.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
I think the "how" of losing the girl is good to see, but it doesn't need to be long. Horton Bay has done this well by having MC finding his girl and best friend fucking. MC then changes colleges and then we're off to the races.