Preferred Patreon Pledge Amount

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Being transparent is part of building trust when Nergal suddenly put a hold on his project he told people to leave and stop the donations...which is the right thing to do...if you promised a monthly update and can't hold the timeline be open about it push for more content the next month or stop charging monthly...these rules of conduct aside turning towards the black sheep...if you feel like it's a micro update and other patrons feel so too...if no news is delivered and no timeline uphold...well drop the pledge and at least the motivation to put in more work should be reignited...if not...at least it isn't you who's paying for it any longer...

Xenoga'me

MagicalGene Developer
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
It depends on your game and how do you think about its Value

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Most Monthly updates are at the cost of quality and are too small now. Better to have a huge update every 2 to 3 months than small updates that last 5 to 10 minutes. We use Patreon and Subscribestar as it's a means to get funding while making the game just because it's monthly cost does not mean people should expect something each month. People that do this as a hobby don't release that often as they have real jobs and lives that come first. I live in the US so I can't make a living off this speaking of which the horrible English writing in a good amount of Russian made games find a native writer to correct your stories so that they make sense. mind you a living wage where I live is $49,575 a year for one person