Apr 13, 2018
I just got this Glitch on "The paved way quest" where the Hostages become an enemy and the battle cannot be completed without killing them and if you kill them you can't get out of the building since you need to save them. Anyone Know how to fix this?
1644151702650.png

CloudFrenzy

Jul 8, 2018
Is there an alternative way of downloading it? Mega exceeds the limit and the other links take 2 days to finish...

Guy736

Sep 27, 2019
is there some kind of support page or do i just post a comment about a problem and hope for the best someone helps?

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
is there some kind of support page or do i just post a comment about a problem and hope for the best someone helps?
They do have a discord. And posting here should get you a quick response anyways since the devs often answer questions here so don't worry.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Pretty mediocre game unfortunately.
Combat is terrible, story/writing just average, choices don't matter...
The only real positives are the decent artwork and the fact that RPGMaker wasn't used.
Curious, what would you like the choices to do, precisely? You are able to actually kill one of the potential companions, you can abandon others... your choices can decide what character will be supporting after Whispering Brook and the world state (not fully implemented) for that village changes depending on what your ending there is. Not only that but choices, later on, tie into those with Moira vs Alenai.

We have other things like how your overall choices can actually drive away party members if they witness you doing things that they disagree with too often to a point you break their threshold with some choices being an outright line in the sand they will just abandon you after that.

What... exactly do you want us to do choice wise? I'm very curious at this point what you would consider a "meaningful choice."

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I did only play the game for a few hours, but so far choices only resulted in different flavor text and things continuing as normal.
Maybe it gets better later, but if a game's story doesn't grip me in the beginning I lose interest - especially if the gameplay (combat) is not fun.
Ah, fair enough I suppose. We did offer choices in the start like whether or not you release Sa'id. If you leave him there, he will die, and several quests later in the game won't be able to trigger because of your actions. We even have some things like Benjin, a later choice, and whether you let him live or not will circle back around.

Our central narrative is always moving forward but things you do will affect the way you see it. There are bifurcations and questlines that will take you in other directions depending on the choices, but come back to the same central narrative at the end... because that's honestly what's needed for a narrative game.

Combat is going to be focused solely on an upcoming build with new assets and such to improve the combat experience and make it more intuitive/more player feedback.

Reactions: wiwem71072

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I just got this Glitch on "The paved way quest" where the Hostages become an enemy and the battle cannot be completed without killing them and if you kill them you can't get out of the building since you need to save them. Anyone Know how to fix this?
View attachment 1637940
Thanks, I fixed it and it will work in the next update.
In the meantime you should be able to avoid them if you enable the fog of war before the combat. Disabling it completely is bad for the gameplay and can lead to bugs.

raycada

Mar 26, 2021
I love this game :D, the kobolds and sneks make this a cool experience but my god where is the cute catgirl that appears on the title screen? She first appeared on the 15 devlog banner so from that time to now there must be something about her in the game...r-right?:eek:
I have been trying to find her for hours. I am doing something wrong?

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I love this game :D, the kobolds and sneks make this a cool experience but my god where is the cute catgirl that appears on the title screen? She first appeared on the 15 devlog banner so from that time to now there must be something about her in the game...r-right?:eek:
I have been trying to find her for hours. I am doing something wrong?
The uh Catgirl or Girlcat? lol either way one is in the velvet oasis, and the other beige/brown Girlcat is in the slums and connected to one of Samara's companion quests.

Reactions: raycada

raycada

Mar 26, 2021
The uh Catgirl or Girlcat? lol either way one is in the velvet oasis, and the other beige/brown Girlcat is in the slums and connected to one of Samara's companion quests.
I'm a filthy furry so I'm talking about the girlcat of course :Kappa:
I have searched on the slums. Is she on a house or the outsides? Or she just appears when the quest is triggered?
Thanks for answer.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes