akiradway

Jan 28, 2020
Try to lower the graphic quality, the FoW in particular.

i actually tried the browser version and for what you guys had on the site it runned at 60fps really well. also yes, i saw the earlier comments on this thread with the same issues, i tried lowering to the lowest resolution, lowest graphics and specifically the fow i changed it a lot. nothing worked. not sure if the unity engine is the issue here or just the lack of optimization for low spec computers. maybe next update or final version will be more optimized i guess.

Apr 1, 2021
so what free version has the most content? from what i hear more stuff gets locked in more recent updates.
It's more like the devs for this game take supporter exclusive content rather seriously. More stuff becomes public over time so every new version technically has the most available. They don't go back and lock previously public stuff as far as I know.

Reactions: BanditoMarito
Aug 22, 2021
so what free version has the most content? from what i hear more stuff gets locked in more recent updates.
Yeah basically the patreon only locks out some story quests and the final character quests for your companions (all of which relate to each other chronologically). You can apply a crack to see them if you must, but honestly this is one of the few games that I think warrants a sub. 'Tis quality through and through.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Androiiid poooorttt???
We will need to rebuild the GUI for it and also at the same time update with each version of Android and every Android security update. This is an eventual goal for us but it'll be late in our development when we have everything else functioning in a more or less complete state so we know what needs to be rebuilt (or doesn't) for an android version.

And here I am, still waiting for a completed combat overhaul, so i can start this over again.
We've been making incremental changes so far, rather than one combat update. It still has a way to go, though.

Tegaran

Jun 19, 2020
We are in a serious need for a compressed version. Six gigs on gofile is a killer, especiall if it decides to throw in a network error half-way through.

Reactions: Kitebetn

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
We are in a serious need for a compressed version. Six gigs on gofile is a killer, especiall if it decides to throw in a network error half-way through.
Use the launcher, you can start playing while it download:

Reactions: Stringy Bob
Dec 16, 2018
Long time, no see!

Haven't checked this game since 22.0. Can't wait to dive into it again! 4 updates in 1 year sounds like really great tempo.

Also deck and Valaska (oh, and good to see you in good health!) - does Psychix/Psyware keeps uploading their music somewhere? Last time I found their newgrounds and soundcloud profile, but from the looks of it, it hasn't been updated in a while - which is kinda a shame, since their work is fantastic - "Clutched Thorns" was my favourite back then and I hoped to listen to Scylla soundtrack before checking it in-game.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Long time, no see!

Haven't checked this game since 22.0. Can't wait to dive into it again! 4 updates in 1 year sounds like really great tempo.

Also deck and Valaska (oh, and good to see you in good health!) - does Psychix/Psyware keeps uploading their music somewhere? Last time I found their newgrounds and soundcloud profile, but from the looks of it, it hasn't been updated in a while - which is kinda a shame, since their work is fantastic - "Clutched Thorns" was my favourite back then and I hoped to listen to Scylla soundtrack before checking it in-game.
Howdy! Unfortunately, Psy just vanished. Completely, deleted much of his social media and hasn't been online since years ago.

Currently, we are using two composers, Mesotronik and Dirk, who are great composers who had large shoes to fill. We have no idea where Psy is, what happened, but we hope he's doing well. He did amazing work and vanished in the middle of a commission and not one mutual I had with him can even say where he is or what happened.

• Sad
Reactions: sadfasdsfsfdsfds
Dec 16, 2018
Howdy! Unfortunately, Psy just vanished. Completely, deleted much of his social media and hasn't been online since years ago.
Oh damn, that is absolute shame. Hopefully they are alright and whatever they are going through/is happening will get resolved soon and that they will be dong well. I hope it's only temporary mental breakdown and they just need some time*, rather than some other serious health issues. If you still have their email just send them some wishes. Even if they won't read it, they might appreciate it.

Also yeah, Dirk and Mesotronik have huge shoes to fill. I wish them all the best. Gotta check their work in-game now and later look for their profiles online.

*Yes, I know it sounds like I'm trivalizing mental health, but it wasn't my goal. I'm going through same shit from time to time.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Oh damn, that is absolute shame. Hopefully they are alright and whatever they are going through/is happening will get resolved soon and that they will be dong well. I hope it's only temporary mental breakdown and they just need some time*, rather than some other serious health issues. If you still have their email just send them some wishes. Even if they won't read it, they might appreciate it.

Also yeah, Dirk and Mesotronik have huge shoes to fill. I wish them all the best. Gotta check their work in-game now and later look for their profiles online.

*Yes, I know it sounds like I'm trivalizing mental health, but it wasn't my goal. I'm going through same shit from time to time.
I didn't get the feel you trivialised anything so don't worry about it! Psy was going through a super stressful and busy time in his life, so I think he may have just... might have gotten too busy to finish all his obligations and such and had to pick real-life stuff over online. I think he might have left the net for good, but if not, we'll gladly welcome him back. I've sent a ton of well wishes and people loving his work and comments so I will add your praise oni t!

I've taken a very direct role in directing some of our music tracks lately in Hiho and Scylla's tracks specifically and we have main and alt versions now working with Dirk so far. Meso has been working with Arbuz closely on Osh'to's theme and the ogre village.

Dec 16, 2018
Playing through the game right now on my old save, to check how it all looks and hear the music "in action"...

If I can have two suggestions, which are a little related to one another:

- when it comes to important decisions (such as Fort) do write in Journal/Events screen which decision I have taken. Something simple as "I have decided to do X". It would definitely improve the return to some old playthroughs/saves, after a long time of not playing;
- if that above is stupid suggestion - allow us to rename the saves - this way we could name them after what we have done in that playthrough;

I know it's better to play through the whole game again, just to see some improvements also on stuff that was previously added (see patch notes for build 25.0 which are for "Improved Combat Tutorial" "Polished Prologue" and jumping from Unity 2019 to Unity 2021), but sometimes it's also fun to continue from where you left.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Playing through the game right now on my old save, to check how it all looks and hear the music "in action"...

If I can have two suggestions, which are a little related to one another:

- when it comes to important decisions (such as Fort) do write in Journal/Events screen which decision I have taken. Something simple as "I have decided to do X". It would definitely improve the return to some old playthroughs/saves, after a long time of not playing;
- if that above is stupid suggestion - allow us to rename the saves - this way we could name them after what we have done in that playthrough;

I know it's better to play through the whole game again, just to see some improvements also on stuff that was previously added (see patch notes for build 25.0 which are for "Improved Combat Tutorial" "Polished Prologue" and jumping from Unity 2019 to Unity 2021), but sometimes it's also fun to continue from where you left.
Both of those are really good suggestions. A decision tracker would be really smart for us to do, and renaming saves, too. I am not sure if we can do the save thing, Deck would have to answer that since we use a JPEG save system and I am not sure if renaming them on the fly is possible with that system? Not sure.

Yeah for sure, we'll have to look at that soon!

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes