Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Ayaya!

Obligatory meme aside, this is actually a game I've been following for a good while now. I love the art direction, the gameplay system is interesting (though needing more polish) and so are the characters. Even the random NPCs, some even unnamed, have personality. Moreso than what much bigger games would offer us. The narrative is pretty varied as well, you can see the clearly the writer had fun with it. That said, you do have quite a few mistakes or words missing. Still is a very welcome change to the dull dialogues one can read in other titles, be it games or else.

If I'd had enough money to spare, this is definitely one of the Patreon games I'd be supporting.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Ayaya!

Obligatory meme aside, this is actually a game I've been following for a good while now. I love the art direction, the gameplay system is interesting (though needing more polish) and so are the characters. Even the random NPCs, some even unnamed, have personality. Moreso than what much bigger games would offer us. The narrative is pretty varied as well, you can see the clearly the writer had fun with it. That said, you do have quite a few mistakes or words missing. Still is a very welcome change to the dull dialogues one can read in other titles, be it games or else.

If I'd had enough money to spare, this is definitely one of the Patreon games I'd be supporting.
Aha, never saw this meme before, cute.

But yeah we definitely need more polish on the combat and movement etc. We'll keep working on it to make it a much more polished experience with snappier response to user input. I'll be putting more and more personal messages to unnamed NPC's as we go. I have an issue with a slow download speed for syncthing and we are making a build where I can edit and write directly into engine again... wasn't an issue when it was smaller and took me only 2-3 days to download, not the case anymore haha. I am having quite a fun writing it, but yeah there is quite a bit more editing to do.

Thanks a ton! It does mean a lot to us to hear well wishes and people loving the project :). Hopefully we can keep improving on what we're doing.

Reactions: Solak

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Aha, never saw this meme before, cute.

But yeah we definitely need more polish on the combat and movement etc. We'll keep working on it to make it a much more polished experience with snappier response to user input. I'll be putting more and more personal messages to unnamed NPC's as we go. I have an issue with a slow download speed for syncthing and we are making a build where I can edit and write directly into engine again... wasn't an issue when it was smaller and took me only 2-3 days to download, not the case anymore haha. I am having quite a fun writing it, but yeah there is quite a bit more editing to do.

Thanks a ton! It does mean a lot to us to hear well wishes and people loving the project :). Hopefully we can keep improving on what we're doing.
Haha, you're welcome! I know for a fact without encouragement, many projects fall dead in their tracks, so I'm glad to see yours still up and running, as well as people showing interest in it!

Speaking of slow download speed though, do you know Yandere Simulator? Its development almost came to a standstill some time ago because of how slow compiling it to test new features or bug fixes was. Put a huge damper on the creator's motivation. Hearing you talk about slow download speed kinda makes me worried... Do make sure that doesn't happen, okay? I'd hate to see that. :eek:

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
We already solved this issue several months ago. Game is technically broken down on segments so we dont have to compile everything when we need to test something, only what's required. Downloading issue is one time bother, since unbuild game is segmented even more into invidual files making updating much easier and faster.

Reactions: Solak

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Haha, you're welcome! I know for a fact without encouragement, many projects fall dead in their tracks, so I'm glad to see yours still up and running, as well as people showing interest in it!

Speaking of slow download speed though, do you know Yandere Simulator? Its development almost came to a standstill some time ago because of how slow compiling it to test new features or bug fixes was. Put a huge damper on the creator's motivation. Hearing you talk about slow download speed kinda makes me worried... Do make sure that doesn't happen, okay? I'd hate to see that. :eek:
The issues that Yandere developer is having right now and our own are... very markedly different. Our programmer is top notch and he can compile the game in very short order, I just have a slow connection so we have whipped something up where I only need to sync a certain amount in order to write directly into engine. Our testing builds come out easily enough and such, there's really not too many issues in doing so as long as you approach the situation professionally.

Which our programmer is more than capable of! He's professional, educated in his field, and has worked on quite a few things in the past. He actually is able to diagnose and tackle most bugs we get reports on in under a few hours! Since we work as a team there's really no issue in in overwork. Sometimes I get swamped with writing but it's not so bad haha. Some of our updates push near 120k+ words!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Question, is some characters only patreon exclusive or do they become public later on?
Howdy! Some are semi-exlcusive to patreon... odd sounding but basically the characters will be in the game world, but their lewd scene may not be available or the miniquest leading up to said lewd scene. We tend to keep any and all pertinent story content available to both versions. The model we prefer right now as current is to bring our Patreon Content to the Public build after a period of time.

So, for the most part, we follow it in a timed fashion, Nailah was our one up due to being public, next maybe... I believe, Teri? Arbz or Deck likely know off the back of their hand right now, I would have to go back and read release notes to know which would be up so don't quote me on that! We may change the order up a bit too depending on certain things.

Errr... short asnwer, yes, and yes :)

Reactions: Mauler31za

Mauler31za

Jun 2, 2017
Howdy! Some are semi-exlcusive to patreon... odd sounding but basically the characters will be in the game world, but their lewd scene may not be available or the miniquest leading up to said lewd scene. We tend to keep any and all pertinent story content available to both versions. The model we prefer right now as current is to bring our Patreon Content to the Public build after a period of time.

So, for the most part, we follow it in a timed fashion, Nailah was our one up due to being public, next maybe... I believe, Teri? Arbz or Deck likely know off the back of their hand right now, I would have to go back and read release notes to know which would be up so don't quote me on that! We may change the order up a bit too depending on certain things.

Errr... short asnwer, yes, and yes :)
Thanks for the reply, great game. Loved it so far, would support the patreon but iam stingy and dirt poor so I'll keep to the public build for now XD.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Thanks for the reply, great game. Loved it so far, would support the patreon but iam stingy and dirt poor so I'll keep to the public build for now XD.
Haha that's alright! We love any bit of support, be it people just enjoying our public builds or saying "hey this is cool," sharing with friends etc. It's a really cool situation to see people enjoying the game :)

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
currently no
So then there isn't a reason to play it? It does seem kind of strange that you guys add like 4 scenes to the Patreon version but only release one to the public version, it seems like as time goes on there's just going to be more and more content pilling up behind the Patreon version. I get wanting to reward Patrons and all, but this gives off a pretty bad impression imo.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes