Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Whoops, probably should have disclosed that fact, would have spared you the trouble. I assumed the hotfix only fixed the Loose Ends quest since that's the only quest mentioned in your update post. I also assumed the crack either worked perfectly on a new update or just didn't work at all so good to know this isn't the case. Can confirm the crack for 14.1 fixes the issue but I guess it's pretty shitty to make you guys troubleshoot piracy related issues, even by accident. I can't really support your projects financially though, so all I can do is bug report and feedback.
lol it'll happen here, and I get that not everyone can afford to support through a subscription setting etc. It's good for us to make sure people know what's up crack and bug wise as well so it doesn't look like we're just releasing and leaving builds broken.

But it will help in the future if everyone here can give us a heads up if its the cracked version or not! Will help us hone in on what the issue is. We really can't make assurances on the cracked version but will try our best nonetheless.

ItssAO

Apr 18, 2019
Have a slight inconvinience, the game wont start for me. At first I thought it was a simple "my shitty ass laptop cant run it", but after a while. I lowered the whole setting to the lowest, and it still wont start. It's stuck on some kind of loading screen (this happens before I clicked ANY button). with that being said, anyone knows how to fix it?
I searched the whole tread looking for this exact issue, however i couldn't find the fix. The same as this guy once I start the game it gives me the "enable patreon content" I click either option and the game just freezes. I've tried with and without the patreon crack which ended with the same result. Does anyone have a fix for this.

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Here are my specs:
AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 16GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
Dedicated Memory
4.0 GB
Total Memory
11 GB
Can you zip and send us this folder please: C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\TeamDeadDeer\PriceForFreedom

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
View attachment rocklobster.mp4

Hotfix 14.2!

Solved for several small bugs in older quests like hangs and stalls in progress. Minor improvements to Samara's quest, fixed a few typos, and added companion portraits to the older dialogues. More QOL improvements to the older content planned in the future!

Reactions: Reblocho
D

Deleted member 119819

Can somebody upload the actual 14.1 hotfix? Or does the crack fix all the bugs?

D

Deleted member 119819

Ah! I get it, the actual public hotfix version can be downloaded from their patreon. BUT the current one is 14.3 not 14.1. Meaning the current 14.1 crack probably will not work with the 14.3 version of the game.

D

Deleted member 119819

And they did all of those fixes quickly in a short period of time. Meaning its basically just a anti piracy measure. In another words, the version in the OP is a deliberately bugged version. While the actual working public version is on their patreon but there is no crack for that.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Whew... so now you guys know why we unified the build haha. Just as soon as 14.2 was finished;

Hotfix 14.3!

We solved an issue with companions dying in combat no longer wanting to talk. We've smoothed things over and let her know that you didn't mean to get her killed. She should be interactable again if you've ACCIDENTALLY gotten her killed in combat.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
And they did all of those fixes quickly in a short period of time. Meaning its basically just a anti piracy measure. In another words, the version in the OP is a deliberately bugged version. While the actual working public version is on their patreon but there is no crack for that.
Err, no. But neither are we going to let people hang with a broken version. This is why we've unified the build, so we can quickly compile and fix things on one build instead of compiling 2 different versions. As Arbuz and deck both said before me, F95 isn't what we're thinking about when we fix the game. We're fixing the game because that's an obligation.

The cracks come so fast that we would need to create a new build every single day. Which would upset our supporters as much as anyone.

D

Deleted member 119819

Err, no. But neither are we going to let people hang with a broken version. This is why we've unified the build, so we can quickly compile and fix things on one build instead of compiling 2 different versions. As Arbuz and deck both said before me, F95 isn't what we're thinking about when we fix the game. We're fixing the game because that's an obligation.

The cracks come so fast that we would need to create a new build every single day. Which would upset our supporters as much as anyone.
Poor attempt at damage control.

NolanDaneworth

May 17, 2020
I must be blind then, because i only see the 14.1crack posted almost week ago, but not for 14.2/14.3

Btw, why not make patches as an separate .exe installer that only changes patched files ?
That way ppl only need to download main build once, and then only patching it.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes