Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I must be blind then, because i only see the 14.1crack posted almost week ago, but not for 14.2/14.3

Btw, why not make patches as an separate .exe installer that only changes patched files ?
That way ppl only need to download main build once, and then only patching it.
That would benefit our backers too for sure, but right now making our own launcher is an undertaking we can't devote resources into. If we pick up a second programmer it's a possibility, as it's a really damn good idea. Having to download the entire game for a hotfix isn't ideal and we want to approach that in the future.

I've normally seen the cracks come out pretty darn quick, this is the first time we've run into quite this many bugs, to be honest! So it's been an extremely jam-packed iteration process. We'll ignore some bugs for the next large or mid-way update/hotfix update, but these were pretty game-breaking. Samara especially, when she would die in combat she no longer could be interacted with. We had that reported to us the exact same day of 14.3. The "Loose Ends" quest was 14.1, and uhhhhh I forget exactly what got patched in 14.2 but it was another older quest hang up. I think it had to do with Samara's older quest. It outright broke some of the older quest content.

We are having an issue with quest objectives here and there with the eldest content in the game. Which does make sense some of the content is up to 2 years old at this point! heck I guess some of it is nearing 3 years now. So, for now, we gotta ask our supporters to please bear with the hotfix builds until we figure out a solution in the future to patching.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
If I might offer a suggestion, would you consider a dark/black background for the current quest objective(s) located on the top right corner? Admittedly my eyesight is not very good so there's always the chance this is a personal problem, but when I traveled somewhere bright/sandy, I had to almost make out with my screen to be able to read what was there.

Reactions: Blueisbird

Trampa

May 17, 2018
I've killed the bandits near the farm for the smith and when i went to complete the quest she told me she needed help going to pick the boxes up and that i have to talk to her again. Every time i talk to her she repeats the same thing telling me to talk her again. Am I stuck in that quest or is there a way to go around the glitch?

Magneric

Oct 14, 2017
Hey guys, any tips for Combats? What's the strategy for hitting limbs, etc? Thanks for help in advance

Rex127

Aug 29, 2018
It's all about the limb defense gather in the first 2-3 turns and tanking the whole battle

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Oof, this game makes my laptop sound like a plane taking off.
Haha sorry about that. But a user here actually pointed out that locking the frame rate to 60 FPS really helped him out! We haven't begun optimization yet which will be something we need to tackle later on.
VSync could potentially help steady out the work your laptop needs to do.

Reactions: Pervy Lad

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys, any tips for Combats? What's the strategy for hitting limbs, etc? Thanks for help in advance
Bandages, always maiming limbs and immediately pumping skillpoints into making the slash attack of Redic do tons of damage and not end the turn so you can use it multiple times per turn has been working pretty well for me thus far. Playing on hard difficulty.

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
Haha sorry about that. But a user here actually pointed out that locking the frame rate to 60 FPS really helped him out! We haven't begun optimization yet which will be something we need to tackle later on.
Love the game. Especially love that you went with a desert setting. One of the reasons of why I prefer Shadows of Amn over original BG even though the former has superior party banter and a comfy feeling.

As for your game getting cracked almost immediately, just take it as a sign of how successful you've been thus far.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Haha sorry about that. But a user here actually pointed out that locking the frame rate to 60 FPS really helped him out!
It seems every single dev using unity fails to lock the fps by default pushing the problem onto the users who have to troubleshoot and implement fixes themselves.
Makes me loathe seeing the prefix.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Love the game. Especially love that you went with a desert setting. One of the reasons of why I prefer Shadows of Amn over original BG even though the former has superior party banter and a comfy feeling.

As for your game getting cracked almost immediately, just take it as a sign of how successful you've been thus far.
Lut Golheim was one of my favourite settings in Diablo II. Usually my favourite settings in games are Taiga and Tundra climates. If we do a second game I would like to set it in Ohmes which is further up north and a colder taiga climate. It would be a nice change in colour and pallet I think. But that's waaaay in the future, pie in the sky talk atm haha.

It seems every single dev using unity fails to lock the fps by default pushing the problem onto the users who have to troubleshoot and implement fixes themselves.
Makes me loathe seeing the prefix.
To be honest we just aren't in the optimization state atm.

Reactions: monk_56

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
we just aren't in the optimization state atm.
The question is why doesn't the average patch 0.1 alpha of every unity game launch with max fps lock of 60 like all the other engines. It really ought not to be an issue to begin with, yet somehow it is. Whats "optimization" about an fps limit?

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The question is why doesn't the average patch 0.1 alpha of every unity game launch with max fps lock of 60 like all the other engines. It really ought not to be an issue to begin with, yet somehow it is. Whats "optimization" about an fps limit?
You can limit the fps in the graphics options of the game actually. The default is just unlimited atm.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
If you're not going to use a decent character like Verona. Just kill her off. Have the town get sacked and burned to the ground with the villagers dead. Wish you the best of luck with this one.
Well, alright. I guess we got no choice.

Reactions: drmordin
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes