Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Unity's fine, just thought the game could run differently if made by other engines
Unity really is what you make of it for the most part. It does have some limitations of course but at the same time, it is one of the most versatile engines out there. Some of the most impressive games have been made in Unity. I mean heck, was made with Unity! lol but no seriously some amazing games have been made with Unity like OUter Wilds, Risk of Rain 2, Battletech, Gris etc.

Unreal is significantly worse than Unity at 2D games for instance, it would be so much work to bend Unreal to our needs... though GoDot is pretty good for 2D it tends to stumble on large maps and lots of assets so our city wouldn't be possible. Game Maker is even worse in that regard, where it can handle fantastic games like VA-11 HALL-A it wouldn't be able to handle our oepn world aspects. Rather it might be able to but you are essentially making your own engine if you build in GameMaker.

CryEngine is just rubbish for everything so... lol I'm mostly biased because CryEngine killed a game I was working on bafck in the day.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
What the heck ?! :LOL: , they are be interactive now !
lol yeah, Deck went and made that without anyone really knowing what he was doing. A lot of our best features in the game end up like that, Deck will just randomly whip something up and go "I made this" and Arbuz always goes "Wont' that take too much time to make?" to wit deck just goes "it's already done." lol

Oct 10, 2020
lol yeah, Deck went and made that without anyone really knowing what he was doing. A lot of our best features in the game end up like that, Deck will just randomly whip something up and go "I made this" and Arbuz always goes "Wont' that take too much time to make?" to wit deck just goes "it's already done." lol
Damn, Deck going solo ! seems that he's having fun messing around

jesusjackct

May 3, 2020
deck is really an unsung hero, a lot of people have been crediting Arbuz or Myself (oddly, I guess becaus eI post a lot) to the game. I feel a bit guilt tbh. deck is the reason this project can exist.
Well, there has to be a creator and then a publisher, am I right ? :>

Liam Xster

Sep 21, 2020
It's 11p.m here, just visiting F95.

Unity really is what you make of it for the most part. It does have some limitations of course but at the same time, it is one of the most versatile engines out there. Some of the most impressive games have been made in Unity. I mean heck, was made with Unity! lol but no seriously some amazing games have been made with Unity like OUter Wilds, Risk of Rain 2, Battletech, Gris etc.

Unreal is significantly worse than Unity at 2D games for instance, it would be so much work to bend Unreal to our needs... though GoDot is pretty good for 2D it tends to stumble on large maps and lots of assets so our city wouldn't be possible. Game Maker is even worse in that regard, where it can handle fantastic games like VA-11 HALL-A it wouldn't be able to handle our oepn world aspects. Rather it might be able to but you are essentially making your own engine if you build in GameMaker.

CryEngine is just rubbish for everything so... lol I'm mostly biased because CryEngine killed a game I was working on bafck in the day.

Then what if the game was made 3D ? That'd be intriguing :unsure:

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
It's 11p.m here, just visiting F95.

Then what if the game was made 3D ? That'd be intriguing :unsure:
Indubitably my good man *adjusts monocle.* Most intriguing!

But you need to work with the talent pool you have in house and Arbuz is a 2D artist, if he wasn't the lead artist and project lead at the same time we wouldn't be able to afford even a quarter of our art assets. TDD Originall were working on a 3D game called Screwdriver that just couldn't get going because of a lack of 3D artists.

Liam Xster

Sep 21, 2020
But you need to work with the talent pool you have in house and Arbuz is a 2D artist, if he wasn't the lead artist and project lead at the same time we wouldn't be able to afford even a quarter of our art assets. TDD Originall were working on a 3D game called Screwdriver that just couldn't get going because of a lack of 3D artists.
The game looks delicous enough in 2D,
and send our thanks to Arbuz !

Reactions: $Fiona$ and Valaska

BiazarChimera

Nov 4, 2019
Yes, technically you can reset a quest in build 16: "Ctrl + F3" > Quests > HeraShipment > Set the quest state and all the objectives as inactive.
thank you for your hard work on the more difficult but fun stuff like some of the girls being interactive on the site, that kind of stuff along with game stuff alone sometimes

Reactions: deck and NEWtimmer

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
thank you for your hard work on the more difficult but fun stuff like some of the girls being interactive on the site, that kind of stuff along with game stuff alone sometimes
Thank you, I am actually doing my best and I am happy it is appreciated. Same goes for the rest of the team honestly.

Reactions: Valaska
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes