Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Patron Build 6.jpg

changelog
- Terri dialogues, portrait and lewd scene.
- Implement the world map, and quick travel to major locations (M key)
- New combat music from AoiichiNiiSan
- Companions following the player move information
- Protect Hera shipment from blackfurs, new combat scenario. Now blackfurs will attempt to destroy cache, you will have to kill all of them and distract them from attacking cache.
- Benjin can help the player in Hera quest final combat
- Improve the saves system (standalone files, track game version)
- Take and display a screenshot of saved games (embedded into the save file)
- Allow changing the dialogue text colours
- New shortcuts: Inventory (I), Quests (Q), Journal (J), Map (M), Abilities (X) - Improve random NPC AI
- Fix various combat bugs
- Add an option to control the crowd collision radius

I'm a bit late to update you all, but Terri's scene has been finished! We may be delaying Iski (our kobold girl) past this month depending on our art workflow. We had a prospective animator in the worlds but they have backed out. No bad blood, they were going to give it a shot and just didn't feel animating in 2D was something they wanted to do, but it did leave us in a sticky-ish situation!

The next update will be large, very large... so that might have gone unnoticed if I was smart and didn't mention it, but here I am still typing... not highlighting and erasing that for some reason... damn my stupid honesty!

But that's not to say we will be light on content, oh no... expect a very healthy serving of stuff in the next update. Well, that's all from me and Team Dead Deer for now!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Lookin forward to it, sadly still dry this month so just gotta cross my fingers build six arrives here haha.
lol, well thats alright not everyone can support but we do love and appreciate every bit we get. Its what enables us to do it, do spread the word around though! If we get back to where we were before Patreon fucked everyone over, we can get back to considering a female character choice.

We've been sort of slacking too, we'll have a public build this or next month.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Patreon fucked everyone over? what's this? i haven't heard about this news before
Ah yeah, so what happened was without letting ANYONE know or even making a notice Patreon changed its banking institution from the US to the UK thus causing almost half of users to get fraudulent payment notices which dropped out patreon numbers by 35% and rightfully pissed off a lot of users.

They are now no longer accepting prepaid credit cards from the sounds of it too, which was a good number of patreon backers too. They did this with no notice, no heads up... they just made that change without telling us shit all so we couldn't give a heads up or anything. Summertime Saga lost nearly $18,000 USD of backers, Seeds of Chaos dropped $600, and we dropped $400. It actually made us have to tighten our belts a bit, we planned on commissioning 3 more tracks for our original soundtrack but had to postpone that.

We're scrappers though, so we'll get by despite Patreons best efforts to screw over its developers!

People should really consider building another site for those kind of game to avoid all this patreon shenanigan.
That'd be great and there are a few sites that have tried or offer similar services... unfortunately, they are bad for consumers though. Transaction fees are low on Patreon because of their direct deal with Paypal and Visa/MasterCard etc. For any site to replace Patreon it would need to offer those low transaction fee's with a direct deal, and Paypal labels anything NSFW as "high risk" despite being one of the top 20 most stable performing industries haha.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hello everyone, our team has been hard at work making the next update which we hope you all will be playing soon.

In the meantime I would like to show you all some of the work we've done!

Our programmer, deck, has been hard at working creating our intelligent lighting and shadows system. This fog of war will be used to occlude far off rooms and area's to create a feeling of tension and allow you to actually explore the map instead of just click to the area that most likely looks like your objective.

The system is dynamic so we can use it for contextual situations for fading consciousness, debilitation, blindfolds, nightime... not stroking my own ego here but I want to get across how amazing of a job deck does, without you man this isn't possible. Seriously, I bought the guy Stellaris as a surprise thank you gift but that wasn't enough, the man deserves an entire steam library for the stuff he does.

Anywho I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this little tech example. You all take care out there, there's a lot of forest fires and air quality is poor on the west coast! Keep it in mind when you are doing physical activity, I myself had a minor asthma attack because the smoke suddenly got so thick.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
A much more polished and closer to finished system showcase. This will add a layer of tension when exploring in dangerous locations, a sense of exploration, and discovery when you come upon something neat.

More effects such as particles and atmospherics to come, keep an eye out.

Reblocho

Jun 9, 2017
Hi, there is a thing I don't really understand about the patreon :
If I become one and pays 1 or 2$ per month will I have aess to the patreon builds (so build 6) ? Because on he description of the 5$/month it says "Early build access".

Could you explain i to me plox ?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Hi, there is a thing I don't really understand about the patreon :
If I become one and pays 1 or 2$ per month will I have aess to the patreon builds (so build 6) ? Because on he description of the 5$/month it says "Early build access".

Could you explain i to me plox ?
1$ gives you access to the hidden patreon posts, 5$ also nets you the new builds

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Sorry abou tthat! I just had a faulty Motherboard fry $850 worth of SSD's... possibly also my R5 2600x as-well.

Thank you a ton James! Sorry I didn't respond sooner Reblocho.

JG07

Jun 8, 2017
This one looks very promising in terms of the artwork and gameplay. My favorite kind of games are the ones that feel like a classic rpg with a great story and tons of lewd content. Looking forward to playing a more complete version of this.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
View attachment 133860

changelog
- Terri dialogues, portrait and lewd scene.
- Implement the world map, and quick travel to major locations (M key)
- New combat music from AoiichiNiiSan
- Companions following the player move information
- Protect Hera shipment from blackfurs, new combat scenario. Now blackfurs will attempt to destroy cache, you will have to kill all of them and distract them from attacking cache.
- Benjin can help the player in Hera quest final combat
- Improve the saves system (standalone files, track game version)
- Take and display a screenshot of saved games (embedded into the save file)
- Allow changing the dialogue text colours
- New shortcuts: Inventory (I), Quests (Q), Journal (J), Map (M), Abilities (X) - Improve random NPC AI
- Fix various combat bugs
- Add an option to control the crowd collision radius

I'm a bit late to update you all, but Terri's scene has been finished! We may be delaying Iski (our kobold girl) past this month depending on our art workflow. We had a prospective animator in the worlds but they have backed out. No bad blood, they were going to give it a shot and just didn't feel animating in 2D was something they wanted to do, but it did leave us in a sticky-ish situation!

The next update will be large, very large... so that might have gone unnoticed if I was smart and didn't mention it, but here I am still typing... not highlighting and erasing that for some reason... damn my stupid honesty!

But that's not to say we will be light on content, oh no... expect a very healthy serving of stuff in the next update. Well, that's all from me and Team Dead Deer for now!
So is this ever getting updated to the site?
Or am I hoping pigs fly?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
So is this ever getting updated to the site?
Or am I hoping pigs fly?
Do you mean the public version? Yes we'll be bringing this to public in time. We'll be providing a public version for quite sometime until we get to a certain point in the core narrative so that the public demo will be a traditional demo like experience... meaning a decent chunk of the game so people on steam/gog/patreon can go "Hey this is neat, I think I'll buy it."

Reactions: Ghostly Hale

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@Valaska I don't know if you know but you might want to , so people can more easily recognize you as a Dev.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Since we're stuck with a male protagonist (for the time being) will it be possible to have M/M romances? *crosses fingers*

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Since we're stuck with a male protagonist (for the time being) will it be possible to have M/M romances? *crosses fingers*
Howdy IvoryOwl! Unfortunately there aren't any plans for M/M content currently, there was a little talk about it but nothing we've dedicated yet. If we are hit with more demand then, possibly... it's not typically Arbuz' forte to draw but we have another artist onboard who might be more apt to drawing the scenes up.

We've bounced the ball back and forth on M/M or F/F content being included, and/or genders beyond strictly male or female. Err I tend to prattle on but;

TLDR: There's no plans at M/M atm, perhaps with increased demand, but it wasn't in our plans originally.

Reactions: yoyomistro
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes