RPGM - Completed - Princess Honey Trap [Final] [Dark Night]

1. 5.00 star(s)

John Bon Clay

Love this game and developer!
    5 Stars.
    It's femdom, but more towards the humiliation and submissive man category.

You play as an undefeated hero that basically one shots everything. The one and only weakness being too weak for women. Once the women realize that you gotta start training yourself. As you get defeated you time travel back in time. There are a couple of routes however if you go for the findom girl for example, when that route ends you can time travel back before committing to the route and proceed main route. I think you can do this at any time even.

Very bendy and good use of time traveling! I can see why everyone wants it now!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

manpotato

Really good femdom game.

Scenes have been translated to be intimate and super erotic. They're fully voice acted too, and all of them are very pleasant to listen to (if you're into jp va acting).
    Animations are simple live 2d loops (and the last one may crash the game in the last part if you don't have the updated version), but other than that everything should be good. Pictures won't crash the game.
    The battles are sequences where you attack them, but your opponents try to seduce you. They're lengthy (because there are so few of them), and not that hard, but might catch you if you get distracted.
    All fights and scenes are unlocked once you complete one of the main endings, so don't worry about missing out on scenes by one particular character.

The story involves some time travel elements, but doesn't go super deep with them. The main ending is heartwarming and very wholesome.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Cryogic

It's really short, though I think that's great since it doesn't overstay its welcome. It's premise really isn't one you can stretch for THAT long without making it boring.

Let's start with the H-scenes. The H-scenes were great, and it's a huge plus that they're animated. Honestly speaking, there isn't a huge variety in the sex scenes per character, BUT holy shit it compensates using tons of variant lines and a huge voice library. I was pleasantly surprised that there are extra scenes that's appear if you don't choose immediately when the enemy is asking you to give up, and that's great attention to detail.

Scenes are mostly tame, so if you're looking for something a bit extreme this ain't for you. Most extreme thing here might be femdom, but that's really tame in my books to be honest.

Moving on, let's talk about the story. Goddamnit for a short game it was masterfully done and it made great use of its short playtime. There were some questions that were left unanswered, but honestly they aren't crucial to the story. The twist done at the end was really great, or maybe I'm just a sucker for sappy stories.

This game has four endings, but I honestly think the first ending is the best one; second ending is kinda meh, third ending makes me sad about what could have been given the first ending, and finally the fourth ending is really pathetic, though it honestly suits the themes of game.

I had a lot to say about this game, and they're all positive, so why the 4 stars? Unfortunately, I think its run was far too short. As I've said, there isn't much variety to the H scenes. There's too little here, so much so that you don't even get to fuck the healer girl who's presented to be one of the main heroines. Like, come the fuck on you tease us about her having feelings for the main character, and yet they don't even fuck? Best you get is a titjob.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And oh, combat is pretty pointless aside from getting the H-scenes. Not really a bad thing, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

Don't worry about performance and the translation quality. I only encountered one game breaking bug and it's easily avoidable, and I've only seen literally one line of untranslated text. Other reviews might be playing an older build of the game.

Overall, 4/5. I may have finished it, but I'll definitely play again to replay the H-scenes. Still bummed you don't get to fuck the healer though...
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Itacimi

I enjoyed this game immensely and I would easily rate it a 5/5 if it was longer, my biggest gripe with it however is that the translation for a decent chunk of the game is broken. If this got an expansion or a better translation I would be willing to update my review accordingly.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

LonelyGunman

I was pleasantly surprised with this game.
    The biggest selling point has to be animations, they are very high quality, and the character designs are great.
    Gameplay wise, it's rather short: go here, fight this, go there fight that, talk here, you get it. The combat is repetitive: find a way to dps down the enemy in the least amount of moves, as you're on a timer essentially. Both of these things are fine as it's a short game. Not only that, but the game has a cheat item if you want to get to the end really quick (you can also just unlock the gallery instantly if that's what you want).

Story wise, it's a bit generic, and it doesn't try to present itself as something incredible, which works in its favor. Game has multiple endings, but there's no need to unlock each one. Find one you feel is good for you and that's it.

All in all, short and sweet, and has some wholesome endings.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

latrop16

For an RPG Maker game it is really good.
    Here is my list of + and - :
    + No stupid monster battles and level grinding
    + Pretty interesting story twist
    + Battles are challenging, but there is an cheat item that helps
    + Gallery can be unlocked instantly (I still recommend to play through)
    + It's completely Voiced
    + Animations have "sex sounds"
    + Short game, that doesn't stretches it out
    - Animations aren't very long and are typical anime 2D animations

Overall, I enjoyed it and played through it, which doesn't happen often lately, with all the boring similar games.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

YamiAi

Well, it does have a kind-of battle-fuck system, but a really basic one since you mostly just try to DPS down the opponents, or you can lose on purpose I guess. The story has some branching paths and bad ends, but is rather basic. The plot twist is kind of lame. Overall, I'd say this is an okay game mostly due to the good art and decent animation.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Zeinhold

Really good, and easy unlockable gallery if you just want to the H parts. Story is simple, and only takes about half an hour to finish. Has animated scenes all throughout, however some parts aren't translated.

Only problem is the translation and the fact that its too short. Would love a DLC pack or a new spinoff.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ranonymou

I played in Japanese with a different OCR MTL so not this version from F95 and I didn't have the bugs that other people are seeming to occur in the comment section. My memory is a bit crap but anyway...

Content:
    You can read the Developer/Translator Notes on the f95 page to get the game description. Moving on.
    Princess Honey Trap has only 4 characters you directly fight in an absolute slog of a turn-based combat given that this is RPG maker but they are packed with dialogue and 2-3 repeated fights but with new moves/dialogue.
    There is a cheat-item in the game to just speed run though the fights and it shaves off percentage of hp to trigger the character's temptation dialogue in the fight so you don't miss out anything for using it.
    I don't recall having to fight trash mobs like in most RPG maker games which is great. Don't need to grind.
    Aside from the 4 fightable characters, there are 2 characters that are just careful dialogue choices to go through and then 3 characters that are a bullet hell to avoid.
    You got different ways to "game-over" and also different endings which do feel conclusive/satisfying. Make sure to save if you want to view different endings since I don't recall seeing that in the Recollection/Gallery room.
    Minimal Spoilers Plot Review:
    The start of the plot is pretty simple. MC is overpowered but a certain character exposes this weakness that he becomes spagehtti against female opponents and now he must go on a little sidequest to overcome this hurdle.
    Y'know the mere mention of a plot twist somewhere is kind of is a huge spoiler in itself but all I'm going to say is you're not going to figure out the twist until it spring-traps right in your face. I have extremely mixed feelings about it. Have fun.
    Anyway, there are cameos from Tower of Alfimia(translations out there are inconsistent on if its Alphimia or Arufimia and so on) but you don't need to play Tower of Alfimia to understand this game. You don't get H-scenes with them either.
    My personal gripes:
    Combat can feel dragged out and repetitive and skipping through the constant dialogue to just get past the fight AND accidentally choosing a dialogue option with the skip buttons is extremely frustrating since you can get an immediate gameover or drag out having to deal with that character for much longer. (Thank goodness for the cheat item existing but still, skipping dialogue can be very annoying because of the skip button confirming dialogue choices too. Make sure to save often before/after encounters)
    There is one character that you will lose against because its part of the plot so don't quit and restart the game when you lose like I did just because I wasn't interested in her defeat scene and wanted to move on after going through a slog of a fight.
    You're going to notice an overlap in extremely similar position/angle of the H-Attacks between 3 characters. The characters themselves don't have the same personality so they add a different flavour to the context of the attack/scene but for a game that is already kind of condensed with quality over quantity, its feels much smaller than it should.
    Overall Conclusion:
    Short, Simple, and filled with Quality so its hard to have a bad time. Its really only lacking in Quantity for the amount of characters and the diversity in H-Scenes compared to most other H-Games I've played.