VN - Others - Completed - Princess Paradise [v1.0] [Succulent]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ramdommumber

Honestly, I got surprisingly engaged with the story and the characters.
    I did not originally download the game to read a moderately decent story though. If you're after bdsm, its fairly tame. If you're into more gentle femdom, and a sortof "wholesome" femdom harem relationship, then it could be enjoyable for you.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

dunnodoncare

Princess paradise is a VN aimed at a female audience, and in this particular case that means: Different relationship dynamics and "reversed" character archetypes; A more poetic approach to writing, and sweet (as in sugary, not good) male voice acting; Extra feelings, internal struggles, sad backstories; A pinch of damsel in distress + unconditional love; And large amounts of pretension, trying to pass as meaningful emotion or even subtext. There's nothing worthwhile here, but this is still a breath of fresh air, under the right conditions.

Positive:
    - The after story is quite something (do watch it); More than enough H-scenes (concept is the highlight); Difference factor.

Neutral:
    - Translation is understandable (edited MTL); Voice acting needs work; Simplistic approach to S&M.

Negative:
    - Art style varies in quality, and is never enough for 2023; Technically limited; H-scenes are very short; Barely any story; OST has some terrible choices; Unfortunate attempts at worldbuilding and character depth.

Score: Princess paradise is a 6/10 and a decent VN. I'm not gonna ramble on "what does a female audience want from a VN", what i will say is, this doesn't have a lot going for it. Let's say (with a lot of certainty?) you are not part of the target audience: Try it if an eccentric mood strikes you.

(Check the tags, the 18+ escapes traditional boundaries.)