RPGM - Completed - Princess Serena ~Raid of Demon Legion~ [Final] [anantei]

1. 1.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

Unplayable. Bad translation is one thing but then having the text a fucking lot of the time go off and be unreadable.... :FacePalm:
    Gave another go from years ago and see why I never finished... cause I can't. No damn indication of wtf Im supposed to be doing makes it even harder to play. Enemies respawn in like ten steps or just a few seconds and instantly on you again.
    No fast travel
    Heavy mosaic censorship
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Arcadelord

I'm afraid I won't be recommanding that video-game to anyone due to numerous reasons and a few red flags.

1) The current english translation supplied with the video-game is nothing more than a non-verified Google Translate, which is the equivalent of the worst MTL ever possible. When you know that an IA such as Sugoi can produce much better results for a small fee, I'm flabbergasted that Dieselmine stepped so low with their work's quality. By the way, the english translation is not the default language of the video-game, you'll have to fiddle around on the main menu until you find it by pure luck.

2) The gameplay is very dull and even infuriating at times. All the enemies present on the map respawn within ten seconds or so, which makes any travel quite the frustrating journey especially when the video-game doesn't teleport you back to the nearest town (or at the very least the dungeon's entrance) after defeating the boss. You'll have to walk all the way back by yourself, either fighting or avoiding all enemies on your way out. And for a video-game where you feel forced to fight your enemies at nearly every step, the experience gains are quite low so it will take you an extremely long time to reach level 41 like in the official screenshots. I must say there are also unexplainable difficulty spikes between "areas" as the enemies suddenly feel much stronger than the protagonists, regardless of how much you level them up, gear them up with the best weapons available and upgrade their armours several times.

3) Most of the "content" we're all here for in the first place is either bound to being defeated by bosses or story events that you can actually miss by picking up the "wrong" choice. And remember what I've stated earlier about the english translation being a low-effort thing tacked onto the video-game? That won't help you in making the "right" choice. Unlocking all the scenes will take you quite some time and a good amount of work so don't expect to get any "instant gratification" out of that product. Moreover, the game is censored when installed for the first time and you might have difficulties finding the real R-18 patch in the Discussions because I've seen some malevolent people posting links to archives containing malwares and viruses.

4) The "content" mainly revolves around non-consensual events, and one of the three protagonists happens to be a Loli who looks like a child. According to the terrible translation supplied with the video-game, the explaination was that she's a witch who doesn't age so here we honking go with that old trope worthy of a basemen-dwelling Otaku! Moreover, there are two scenes where underaged children are involved. One has two young boys getting naughty with the pirate protagonist, another is yet another non-consensual event where a young girl is robbed of her innocence by tentacles. I'm feeling dirty for playing that video-game and am now expecting the 4Chan Party Van in front of anyone's doorstep who had the misfortune of purchasing it.

5) For whatever reason I've only noticed that now as I replay to verify some elements I might have forgotten about, but the translation has been so poorly done and shoved into the video-game that most of the text doesn't even properly align with the interface which means you can miss out on important informations even if you spare the time to read the broken English that product has to offer you.

6) The game is actually really short if you manage to skip all the respawning enemies and rush the bosses as much as possible. It might last you slightly over a hour, maybe two at best.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

My scoring & reviews explained HERE

PROs:
    +solid cg
    +plenty of scenes
    +fair voice acting

CONs:
    -horrid translation
    -feels very empty and linear in a bad way
    -just generally gets dull rather fast, rather meh FMC as well

Comments:
    meh...dieselmine game which is great and all but overall this is just not worth time.

5/10