Ren'Py - Private Dick [v0.1.3] [Cisco Donovan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

gavtangg

Absolutely stellar of a game. A hidden gem. Here’s why:
    Writing is phenomenal. Voice acting is magniloquently complex, with each Character and their temperaments being well define as they speak.
    The demo is short, and the scenes are somewhat limited, but is at least enjoyable and at most one of the best demo games in this industry.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

drcynic22

So, I've only played the Red Tie/new demo since I apparently missed the original release last year. My thoughts will be exclusively about the current demo.

The writing is strong, and surprisingly, the voice acting isn't bad at all (although maybe Minty could maybe be brought down a tad in volume) and Sam's VO is actually very good and fits the character. I wasn't quite sure at first if this was set in the noir 40s or modern day (it's modern day, unfortunately), but either way, I liked the art, even if it's not particularly colorful (it fits), and I liked the jazzy soundtrack and would like to hear more tracks included in future releases.

The biggest drawback I guess is that it's quite short and there really isn't all that much to do yet apart from a single lewd scene.

Overall, I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, and while there are certain things I would've preferred such as a longer demo and a setting in the 40s rather than the modern day, I can't deny that I greatly enjoyed this story and am looking forward to seeing it continue.