• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Pro Developer here considering making a game.

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
Hi all! So I have been considering making a game based around the player playing as a male protag in a space setting with only futas and females. My idea is the player is a part of the some kind of space organization where you can freely travel from planet to planet and work with the different races there. The game will be centered around top down square based combat and your decisions with each character.

This could include having them join your crew or just fuck them.

I want to make it a little more open world than most of the games I see out there and allow for sex of all kinds. This includes fucking creatures you fight (not "Monster girls", but real monsters with pussies) and female/futas you fight.

What is everyone's thoughts?? Should I do it?

I could also go waaaaay more simple and just have fuck your sisters and mother kind of game, kinda like country side or bones manor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZyanZedan

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Can't tell you whether to do it or not, but would just advise making sure you're familiar with the rules of patreon/steam (or wherever you plan to distribute it) regarding bestiality and non-con (defeat sex after combat can skirt the line).

Good luck!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Should I do it?
Why shouldn't you do it ?

You have an idea and the knowledge to make it a reality. So, either you want to do it, and then you do it. Or you don't want to do it, and the you don't do it. But anyway it's not a bunch of bored perverts that can decide for you.

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
Can't tell you whether to do it or not, but would just advise making sure you're familiar with the rules of patreon/steam (or wherever you plan to distribute it) regarding bestiality and non-con (defeat sex after combat can skirt the line).

Good luck!
That's a good point. I can just avoid the non-con with a you lose screen.

As for the beast I will have to look into all that.

Thank you for your advice! I was well appreciated!

Reactions: Cosy Creator

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
Why shouldn't you do it ?

You have an idea and the knowledge to make it a reality. So, either you want to do it, and then you do it. Or you don't want to do it, and the you don't do it. But anyway it's not a bunch of bored perverts that can decide for you.

Haha thats a good point! I kinda just wanted to know if there was an interest in it too. I just felt the market is kinda bare when it comes to games with decent stories and fun game play.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I kinda just wanted to know if there was an interest in it too.
Yes, no, maybe, totally, absolutely not.
There's not much to learn in term of market study. Even knowing that those who look at this part of the forum are the most involved, if you let the thread live long enough all the possibilities will get covered. And don't expect the most shared opinion to come true, because there's near to 6.5 millions members, but less than 50 will answer to your question.

I just felt the market is kinda bare when it comes to games with decent stories and fun game play.
Many would agree with you on this, while in the same type thinking that it's not their case.
The truth is that the market is opened to decent story and interesting gameplay, but over saturated by games and mostly composed of lazy players ; more or less half of them not caring about anything else than sex. So, it's the average, ready to consume, games that are seen the most, but if you take the time to look at the rest of the games, they all have their own community and fans.
After, it's difficult to know for sure, because more than 90% of the members are on read only. But globally do a good and interesting game, and the public will follow.

Reactions: F4C430

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
Yes, no, maybe, totally, absolutely not.
There's not much to learn in term of market study. Even knowing that those who look at this part of the forum are the most involved, if you let the thread live long enough all the possibilities will get covered. And don't expect the most shared opinion to come true, because there's near to 6.5 millions members, but less than 50 will answer to your question.

Many would agree with you on this, while in the same type thinking that it's not their case.
The truth is that the market is opened to decent story and interesting gameplay, but over saturated by games and mostly composed of lazy players ; more or less half of them not caring about anything else than sex. So, it's the average, ready to consume, games that are seen the most, but if you take the time to look at the rest of the games, they all have their own community and fans.
After, it's difficult to know for sure, because more than 90% of the members are on read only. But globally do a good and interesting game, and the public will follow.
You make a lot of sense! Thank you for explaining all that to me!

Well looks like I my be off to make a potentially good game! Thank you guys again!

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
So what's the main focus of the game?

- Is it a VN with walls of text, or everything just runs with game mechanics?
- what fetishes are you focusing on? For example, why adding futas? to be fucked by them or suck their dicks?
- Is it gay to have sex with futa?
- do you plan adding NTR or prostitution?
- are NPC's generated randomly or you will have a few fixed characters?

There are alot of tags that will attract one player base while repelling others.

If you plan on exploring some specific fetishes with random girls then you dont really need open world or even map.
For example, in Imperial Gatekeeper it takes just a few seconds to find some random NPC to grope and fuck.
And in some VN it takes a few hours of reading or grinding resources, before any sexual content.

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
So what's the main focus of the game?

- what fetishes are you focusing on? For example, why adding futas? to be fucked by them or suck their dicks?

There are alot of tags that will attract one player base while repelling others.

If you plan on exploring some specific fetishes with random girls then you dont really need open world or even map.
For example, in Imperial Gatekeeper it takes just a few seconds to find some random NPC to grope and fuck.
And in some VN it takes a few hours of reading or grinding resources, before any sexual content.

All great questions!

I am thinking a main story, a few characters that have their own stories and then random fuck-able npcs in the world.

Hmmm I just kinda threw it out there, but it is nothing concrete.

Well if it is in the game it def will be a option and not a requirement

I personally and not the biggest fan of NTR, but prostitution would be an easy one.

I am thinking both. man focus will be on the fixed npcs

For the way the game plays I was thinking open world kinda like the old FF games and then have a top down turned based combat I am thinking it will be much like the Shadow Run video game (Just not as complex to start with).

Dust72

Sep 11, 2020
1698439535221.png
(art example from Pathways by chucklefish)

Here's a great example what I am kinda considering combat to be like

GummyPants

Feb 26, 2023
There's always room for the next great adult game! Just be careful not to fall for the scope creep that gets a game frozen in development hell. Solo developers, space genre (especially with planet hopping) or anything with procedural content tend to be more vulnerable to digging themselves into a hole to deep to get out of.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I'm always excited to see "professionals" or experienced people take a crack at adult games. Especially those interested in creating actual gameplay mechanics. However, I would suggest to start with a smaller project. I've seen too many games fail even though the developer seems both enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

ZyanZedan

Jul 18, 2019
While Simple Game Ideas Are Really Good Like Mom and sister type they just get boring and repetitive in some form While I like Ntr / Sharing /Swinging You may end up in that direction unexpectedly. An Example is Big Brother. Unless you aren't imposed to Letting them have fun with others it isn't a bad idea.

And then there is the Ntr Haters on this site I suggest you play both these games as they are a variation to most games here. Fun And Fresh both are uniquely legends in Thier own category.

( P.S They are one of many favorites of mine )