problem with Ren'Py version 7.4.10 = blurry image

SaoKim

Mar 12, 2020
Hi
i have a problem with Ren'Py version 7.4.10. All games for example: BeingADIK, A_Wife_And_Mother. are not displayed correctly.

my resolution is 1366x768 (higher is not possible; laptop) if I choose a small resolution, the blurry image becomes stronger. This was never a problem with previous versions.

Texts and menus are displayed sharply, the animations are also displayed correctly, but the images are not.

1617840_help.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Unless I really don't understand how this stuff works, I would assume that the renpy version only makes a difference if you are compiling the game (or for some reason, replacing the renpy python code in an existing game.

It looks like you have a copy of the BaD game where someone has tried to use the "compression tools" but set the compression ratio far too strongly. Did it work previously? where did you get the copy?

SaoKim

Mar 12, 2020
YES, everything was ok with the previous version. I also downloaded the game from here twice (mega). none succeeded. If the game starts on another computer with a higher resolution, I have no problem. The only strange thing is that 6 months ago everything still worked with the old version.