Others - Completed - Professional wrestler Kaede Kamigaki - undercover in the world of dark pro wrestling [Final] [Almonds & Big Milk]

1. 5.00 star(s)

valkaree99

Not many guro games out there, so anything with decent art is appreciated.

I like the art style and the MC's dimensions are up my alley. Monster art is good as well. Guro anims are graphic enough. Becaue of that, and to counter the 1-stars reviews, I'm giving this 5-stars.

This game has good bones. With some better AI, more enemies, and some polishing it could be great. But I'm guessing the ship has sailed on this one.

Gripes / areas for improvement:
    - game is short, only10 mins of gameplay if you just try to win
    - simple, repetitive gameplay
    - only 4 enemies
    - wrestler enemy dudes don't do H on you
    - guro audio doesnt play in game mode, only in gallery mode (bug)
    - cutscenes have minimal sound effects, otherwise sex is silent
    - if you lose, you have to start from the beginning (instead of starting at the monster level where you died). You also need to go through the initial warning screen every time.
    - doesn't clarify how to get up (you need to mash Z fyi)
    - doesnt clarify combo moves (x+a, z+z+z+a)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Beggarman

Largely here to back-up theunknownthird's review below. In short, this isn't the worst one-star game I've played this week that tries to do ryona, but it's very much a one-star.

The gameplay is just bad - fiddly movement and ultra-narrow attack planes make fighting the trash mobs awkward, on top of all the crap below - and that almost leaves me thankful that the content is lacking in quality and quantity, so at least you don't have to struggle through much.

Both sex and execution animations are fairly short, uninventive and low-quality. If you've played almost any ryona game before, you've probably seen the same animations done better.
    The CG scenes are short, single-image scenes with some basic text that frankly does look like MTL with someone sanity-checking it.
    The art itself is the only redeeming feature here, in that... it's OK, at least for the girl. The other characters are mostly lazily done.

I found the sound a little jarring, because it sounds like the MC's pain-grunts and talking are from different VA's.

If you were playing this hoping for some decent ryona content - don't, it's bad. You don't get much of a sense that she's being hurt, or in peril, or anything. The sex is fairly generic, the text at the start/defeat CG does nothing to instil a sense of fear or peril, and the execution animations are short, but not short enough to produce a sense of shock or anything. Honestly, the game reads like someone looked up what usually goes into a Ryona game but without understanding why.

While I wouldn't suggest playing the game, there is one upside if you did end up downloading it before reading these reviews - you can press Tab on the opening menu and open up the gallery, so you don't have to wade through the 10 whole minutes of staid combat to get to the animations & defeat scenes. Otherwise... eh, don't bother. Someone will make a new Ryona game that's actually good someday, but today is not that day.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

theunknownthird

I wasn't expecting much from an Almonds & Big Milk game, and yet I'm disappointed. I don't know what y'all are on about the animations being good. I simply had to play this to have a basis for my opinion.
    I finished the game in 8 minutes. 8 Sodding minutes is all it took me to finish this game, and that is taking into account the time I spent fiddling with the settings and even saving some screencaps of the story because it's so terrible.
    The movement is slow, clunky, the character's reach isn't properly conveyed, as the shockwave generated from her fist seems to be able to hurt enemies way past the end of her fist. The game comes with a compulsory "Fuck you, I win" button. The special move has no penalty and can be spammed endlessly. The range is bigger than any of the bosses' attacks, and if you jump and do special in the air, you do a clearing move that covers about 60% of the arena and deals about 60% of the boss's HP bar.
    The jump is useless for anything but the aforementioned special move. You can't attack while in the air, you can't dodge hits. If you are downed, the regular enemies can't do anything to you. If the boss grabs you, it's entirely possible that you'll be in an endless loop of being grabbed, escaping, downed, grabbed, etc. Getting up from downed state takes considerable mashing, so if the boss just beelines towards you, they'll grab you again.
    The enemy AI is non-existent. They'll just shuffle around the arena, occasionally remember they're in a fight and then try to hit you. This usually works in your favour, but it means you get no satisfaction out of fighting the enemies, since you don't feel like you are outsmarting anyone.
    The story is more than lacklustre, delivered in a few poorly translated slides at the start. It's only a step above a machine translation and whoever did the new slides couldn't fit the text properly, so in the longer paragraphs, the text and the glow can go out of the bounds of the game window (I'll try to upload a pic to illustrate). You can expect text like: "In the government, there was a secret organization that had protected humans against a paranormal presence since ancient times. The leading character, Kaede Kamigaki, was a member of that organization." (This is the very first slide, by the way. GREAT first impression.)
    And last but not least, the sex scenes... As mentioned before, only the bosses have h-attacks. The game features a grand total of 3 bosses all of which can be seen in the preview pics. All of them feature graphic bad ends if you lose to their h-move. The first one slices you in half, the second one tears your legs off, the third one vores you. Their h-attack animations are roughly 6-10 frames each. The CG animations, made in Live 2D style, are ridiculously short. They feature a cumshot animation, which I guess it's nice, but the censorship is incredibly aggressive. The longest 2 scenes feature 17 text boxes each, the shortest being 12 (If you lose to regular mob enemies) and uses a re-coloured frame from the introduction slides.

TL;DR and conclusion: Clunky, unsatisfying, 10-minute long game with barely any gameplay and barely any sex. Unless you are here to enjoy the dumpster fire, skip.

(The reused animation for the mob loss scene and an example of the text's blending effect going off-window.)