[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] [S>Programmer] Unpaid Programmer seeking Artist partner for gamedev

jukeboom

May 17, 2017
Hey everyone, I am looking for a partner. It doesn't really matter if you are a 2D or 3D artist, more important to me is that you can convey an (or up to)consistent style through your art. From there we can find a gamedesign approach that uses your art the best.

While I am NOT an experienced gamedev, I have several years working experience in many other industries as a dev as well as following and studying gamedesign for much longer.
I have either worked or done stuff in any relevant thing. Most recent was an AR experience.
For me this would be the first "real" gamedev project and I am basically(but not exclusively) looking for an artist or a multitalent that has honed their craft so far but couldn't(or didn't want to) do it alone. We would be both learning how to apply our skills to an interactive medium.

If you already have gamedev experience because you are part of a team or just looking for a new one. I am fine with that too, my speed will probably not be comparable to a seasoned programmer you worked with but everything is a journey.

Reach out to me through pm, or twitter @NiconeeNico (thowaway I created for this) and we can have a chat to see if we would be a fit. When contacting me, please tell me where I would find your work.

Finally if we are a fit, we would be making this as partners. So we both invest equally in this endeavor but have equal rights to revenue and a say in the work.

My skills involve: programming, writing, gamedesign, project management. The engine would probably end up be unity or unreal(don't worry!)

To underline this: Not having any gamedev experience is fine, you should have proper experience in your craft though. If you feel competent as an artist but really don't know if you could handle the gamedev work(that it is too complicated, that you are not techy or anything really) please reach out. I have at least strong hobby experience in any field touching gamedev and would be glad having the chance to talk with you about it.

daniella21

Mar 12, 2018
hello i'm interested in teaming up with u, i have experience in 2d, as well as 3d art and programming in unity so i'm down for helping u out hit me up... i also can help you translate the game to a few languages, do some voice actiong, sound effects etc... my goal is to better my craft as an artist and programmer and find people to work with so we can make interesting games together...

Reactions: Cul and jukeboom