3.00 star(s) 36 Votes

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
So, in this case, is "1.1.1" a full release? the comments seem to imply it isnt. But anything past 1.0 would be a full release to me.
the thing is it's just numbers and it really depends on developer how the thing is versioned or named.
Windows 1.0 was not the complete version, was it? Who even remember that?

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
the thing is it's just numbers and it really depends on developer how the thing is versioned or named.
I should've looked at the missing "complete" tag, rather than ask. My bad. Not that you even answered, anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
I should've looked at the missing "complete" tag, rather than ask. My bad. Not that you even answered, anyway.
True :) I was thinking about not completed and mentioned it behind the lines when writing about Windows, but not directly unfortunately :p
Anyway, the good thing is you get it :)

C00kie

May 3, 2018
YEP, it's broken: you cannot choose the start options the way you want (because you set always corrupted even if not choosen), and start page is ugly. (but thumbs up for the idea)

I did it the proper way, fixed:
- CHOOSE PATREON corruption start
a yes... i messed with the starting values first and forgot to reset them to 0 for the normal start. Hehehe...

Jan 7, 2022
Joe_Moma - bro, one of THE best HTML games I’ve ever played.
Very good interface and good selection of pictures.:love:

Sex dialogues could be improved to add more life into the events. Now the dialogues b/w characters kinda feel bland & incomplete.

Would love if you could include more repeatable sex events, like a weekly party gangbang, cinema, bus events, gym events , lake events, sitting in the lap without wearing panties while watching TV etc.
Would be nice if you can add more events where FMC takes initiative to seduce others in various scenarios.

Also, I think changing the title of the game would grab more attention because the current title is not catchy and relevant enough. Also, change the title page of the game if possible. Just my 2 cents.

However, my main suggestion/request would be that I hope you can write more elaborate and lewd dialogues for sex scenes. This will definitely improve the gameplay experience.

Anyway, love your work, looking forward for more updates, please release more public versions on F95. Peace :) :)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Uh, Microsoft Windows 1 v1.0 was, indeed, the first complete version. The designation of v1.0 means the first fully-featured release. Designations starting with 0.x mean pre-release versions for testing and feedback. Designations starting v1.1 mean post-release improvements or bugfixes (sometimes bugfixes are given letter designations e.g. v1.0a). There was no Windows 1 version 1.1 because Microsoft went straight to Windows 2 (which had v.1.0 and v1.1)

Developers don't have to use standard versioning, of course. Date versioning is popular here even though it is "non-standard." But pretending to be using standard versioning while using a made-up versioning system is just asking for misunderstanding and showing that the dev hasn't bothered to think about proper versioning. Why even have versioning if only the dev understands what made-up versioning system they are using?

Joe_Moma

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2022
Uh, Microsoft Windows 1 v1.0 was, indeed, the first complete version. The designation of v1.0 means the first fully-featured release. Designations starting with 0.x mean pre-release versions for testing and feedback. Designations starting v1.1 mean post-release improvements or bugfixes (sometimes bugfixes are given letter designations e.g. v1.0a). There was no Windows 1 version 1.1 because Microsoft went straight to Windows 2 (which had v.1.0 and v1.1)

Developers don't have to use standard versioning, of course. Date versioning is popular here even though it is "non-standard." But pretending to be using standard versioning while using a made-up versioning system is just asking for misunderstanding and showing that the dev hasn't bothered to think about proper versioning. Why even have versioning if only the dev understands what made-up versioning system they are using?
That's why this version is named 1.1.1 and not 0.9.9, to show that a complete game is already there. There still will be more 'big' updates in the future adding more features. Not going to end\slow down the development process because the version number is going above 1.0

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
That's why this version is named 1.1.1 and not 0.9.9, to show that a complete game is already there. There still will be more 'big' updates in the future adding more features. Not going to end\slow down the development process because the version number is going above 1.0
My comments did not refer to your game or versioning at all, just to the idea that versioning is "just numbers" and that "it really depends on developer how the thing is versioned or named," especially combined with the incorrect assertion that Windows 1 was somehow just an early beta and incomplete version of Windows. I have no objections to post-full-release version numbers like 1.1.1. Hearts of Iron, an AAA game, is now on 1.13.1 with the latest version of the DLC, so you are in fine company.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016

If something like is being used as the basis of the project's version tracking then much of what you are saying is correct.

However even though many software developers use a system like SEMVAR there is no such thing as "standard versioning" in the software development industry, or even a single "standard" used by all the major software developers.

see:

Basically versioning is a method used by software developers to distinguish one release/build of their project from other, and the method they use can have whatever meaning they want it to. Hopefully that meaning makes some sense to the end-users of that project.

Reactions: jonas132 and ustar

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The versioning you note (and wiki notes) is all post version 1.0 (released version). None of them are developmental versions (0.1, 0.2, etc). It is quite true that development teams can create their own internal versioning terminology, but they carefully document that so that everyone knows that the system is. Here, developers that release an alpha as 1.0 are not telling anyone anything with their versioning, and the knowledgeable developers here use either standard versioning (0.x until done with beta, and then 1.x as they add post-release content or mods) or date versioning. My point, again, is that developers who make up their own versioning aren't telling users anything with version numbers, because the users don't know what what their secret versioning system is. It's not that they can't make their own, it's that it just confuses people when they do.

This is getting way off the topic, so I will stop participating in this debate now.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
My comments did not refer to your game or versioning at all, just to the idea that versioning is "just numbers" and that "it really depends on developer how the thing is versioned or named," especially combined with the incorrect assertion that Windows 1 was somehow just an early beta and incomplete version of Windows. I have no objections to post-full-release version numbers like 1.1.1. Hearts of Iron, an AAA game, is now on 1.13.1 with the latest version of the DLC, so you are in fine company.
you have a point with how they released Windows versions, however I would not give them credit of complete version, because for me every Windows version is ever changing beta - they changed the code often leaving old bugs and even dropping stuff and introducing new bugs. Often if bugs are fixed, then it's unofficial by PC enthusiasts and not by MS. Neverending beta. So, just numbers. Of course I cannot say if Win 1 or Win 2 was bug free, because first version I saw was Win 3.11, but since Win 4.0 named Win95 every version is functional released beta. Of course they don't release unfinished alphas or early betas (usually). In the past they often made something great just to shit it in later versions. Just don't give them too much credit.
Win 95 alone had 3 iterations (not mentioned in the Wiki):
1995 - Win 4.00.xxx - Win95
1996 - Win 4.10.xxx - Win95 B OSR2
1997 - Win 4.10.xxx - Win95 C OSR2.1
1998 - Win 4.10.1998 - Win98
1999 - Win 4.10.2222 - Win98 SE
2001 - Win 4.90.3000 - Win ME
- so maybe this beta assertion is not so incorrect? Though in case of MS making fully completed version is not possible for various reasons, so they release betas and move on.

3.00 star(s) 36 Votes