VN - Ren'Py - Project: S.P.E.S. [v0.5] [6Rairyu9]

1. 3.00 star(s)

htc89234

Decent-ish soundtrack, and nice renders. The story is... middling; it's somewhat interesting but it also progresses at a snail pace and the dialogue does it no favor (English does not seem to be the first language of the writer as it is filled with weird sentence constructions and small grammatical mistakes).

The characters are somewhat interesting but some of them are definitely a bit too forward without any reason, and some characters tend to lean too heavily into their tropes that they end up becoming considerably annoying.

As a detriment, the game is being touted as a 0.5, but honestly, that just means it's the fifth release, and it's clear the game is not going to go into 1.0 after 0.9 and reach a completed status. There's barely any content and I also cannot say that the choices we have so far do anything of relevance to the story other than one that immediately diverges you into an alternative ending.

With how short it currently is, there's also not much to comment on the story itself so far. It's not interesting, not groundbreaking, but might eventually prove to be good enough. Since none of the mystery undertones have been revealed it's rough to say whether it's got a positive future or not.

At the very least, it's not bad, but there's also nothing quite good here to look at just yet.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

moster90

This game is like a fun, breezy ride through an entertaining, its not a groundbreaking story. Don't expect any major twists or deep character arcs—but it's enjoyable enough to keep you engaged. What really makes it shine is its humor. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, and neither should you. There are plenty of cheesy lines but all in good fun. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Luke Cage

I felt mostly disengaged throughout my playthrough. I didn't feel like my choices matter or if there was anything it wasn't too memorable. Most of these games tend to look over the power of choices when developing VNs. AVN's a more than just yes or no choices (go with(A) or go with (B)). That's why most new VNs fail to draw a passionate audience because they fail to grasp the concept of making your players feel involved. If you want to be a hands-on creator and control the entirety of the story; make a kinetic novel (add the tag), but if you want to make a memorable VN focus on interactivity and choices.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Hrothgar

v0.4 A well-constructed KN and a poly harem in the making

The Good:
    -The best HS/HS2 models and visuals that I can remember. Teens, matures, and milfs all look stunning. A wide range of body types but no freakishly distorted proportions.
    -Intriguing mystery underlying the action. Why has the mc been plucked from obscurity and given this opportunity.
    -Minimal (and avoidable) info dumps explain the underpinnings of a society where poly harems are the norm (at least among class 1 citizens)
    -Female characters have personalities and agency, I want to find out more about them before we end up in bed (romance is on the menu).
    -The mc is neither a toxic jerk, nor oblivious virgin.
    -Early consensual sex with childhood friend (with benefits) and slaves/servants but a slower burn with other potential harem members

Neutral:
    -Big non-magical dick

Negative:
    -Patreon only thus far, so future plot development may be restricted by censorship, or delayed due to time lapse for Subscribestar approval

Who should play this:
    People who like poly harems and don't mind Kinetic Novels (at least thus far). People who like female characters with some complexity and agency. Tsundere fanciers (although there are plenty of other personalities on display). People who prefer romance over domination and exploitation.

Who should not:
    People who hate Kinetic Novels, People who want monogamous relationships. People who fear catching lesbian cooties from their harem. People who think acting with kindness, politeness, and consideration towards a LI is being a simp and a doormat.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

charz1060

Still pretty early but solid story so far, very cute characters with decent personalities and good variation. Standard HS renders and animations well done, no bugs that I noticed. Looking forward to see how the relationships and story work out.

3.5 stars, rounding up to 4 to try to balance the reviewers that don't know what a kinetic novel is.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

bASKOU

[v0.3]

Interesting game, the story is interesting so far, more of a slice of life with the true plot not yet known.

The script is a bit light, and the beggining feels a bit messy but it improve with time and I started enjoying it. Even felt a bit frustrated at the end of the current version as I want to see and know more.

Girls design are good with variety. i would say it's an average game but gave 4 stars because I enjoyed it.

Keep the good work.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

LucienEvansX

Yet another doormat/illogical MC. First we get the mysterious scholarship for the MC to join a prestigious school. This leaves you with the only choice in the game where you either choose to walk away from the shady scholarship opportunity and live a happy life, or you choose to keep on going despite reservations. The only problem with the walking away ending is that the generic evil rich guy clearly has plans for you, so I find it hard to believe he'd just let you walk away. Then there's the special privileges given to the MC, which include a house, a hot maid, cohabitation with the rich guy's daughter, and some spending money. If your mind doesn't scream red flags with this then you're a moron. Also clearly there's no respect for the MC because rich guy's daughter calls you pervert and is a "tsundere", which all fine and good if you like that but that's not the case with this MC. Instead he just takes it all with no dignity. It also doesn't help with his image when he clearly aims to please at all turns helping at all times to all the girls. There is a fine line between being kind/gentlemanly and going into simping territory and this guy crossed that line. Finally, this last update with a servant that isn't willing to explain her motivations and gets away with basically saying "you won't force me to explain because you're not a bad person" was the last straw. Even if you want a servant the least you should do is be thorough and make sure they are loyal. The only reason it gets two stars is because the renders are decent enough to justify it.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

shamtiiomi

version 0.3
    well this was hard ,halfway i saw the kinetic novel tag ,and that stop me from enjoying this game,.
    yeah the kinetic tag means that you cant choose who to fuck so,thats takes 1 star form the beggining,.
    another star bcs same problem with choices....there isonly one in 30 of play and it was a ending...
    graphics are standard for hs2 not the best not the worst,half star there .
    mc is a semi doormat,with too much question and semi spinelees to ask the right ones....another half star,
    i could take another 1 bcs well alltogheter is bad,.but i will leave the 2 for the dev to think about put some choices at least to choose the Li's
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Darth.Avidus

[Played Version 0.2]

Story and length is good for a second release, Luckily a decent MC and no beta MC like in other games.

While playing I got some "Hunger Games" vibes with the difference districts and that you not allowed to travel in between them. The Story with his sudden scholarship and going to a richer district has the potential to be good. Especially with the true intentions of Mr. Himmel and potential politicals games in the school.

All Love interests have somthing uniqe, looking good and are not just a copy of each other.

The renders are good for Honey Select, the sames for the charterers, in some renders you can see clipping but nothing annoying.

My playtime was about 2h and my rating are currently 5 stars.

Why 5 Stars?
    • Very solid Game for a second release
    • Played the full release in one go
    • Funny characters
    • Good quality HS renders
    • Story has potential
    I can't wait to play the next relase