Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
As your also on his discord, just looking through the messages I thought that was pretty obvious. Matey could start 5 projects without finishing anything more than the first demo and Alket and Tom would still defend him.

Actually, given the first project unknown was "corrupted", then remade, which got too hard so tried Project Elim which he abandoned (sorry, "hdd crashed"), and now changed gears again to this rebuild version moving back away from side scroller, he's already upto four and still never progressed past a single level demo and been recycling the same old assets over and over...
There have been and there are projects that have a dedicated fanbase even when there are blatant shortcomings in direction and long term vision, look at Star Citizen's funding and you'll have a wonderful example...

Believe me when I say that if this Dev pulls a fast one I'll be the first to call my support out, but after a long conversation, where more than once he called himself an idiot, while all the long time backers replied with "yeah, you're pretty much an idiot", because we knew that the issue was preventable and was on him, I personally decided to continue supporting him: I found his apology sincere, that he learned from the mistake and his new direction an improvement on the formula he was building.

Unforeseen events can happen and mistakes can be done by anybody, here shit happened, you can either accept it or move on and support someone else...the decision is up to you; I decided to give him a pass.

And...to be perfectly clear, the first project was put on hold due to lack of funding on Patreon, not because he decided to switch up out of boredom or something else...he wanted to have a "smaller" project, both in scale and complexity, to build up his Patreon base and following, getting a release under his belt before returning on something of larger scope...again, free to believe what you want, I have no reason up until now to doubt the man.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
If the guy took 6 months to get a working demo out with only barebone mechanics and 2 H-scenes, then yeah I'd call it a scam. Thing is, he really works his butt off to get a real test version out everytime, and does this much quicker and with much more transparency than most of the other H-devs. Besides, his works have so far always been very high-quality, with few bugs and clipping. I think this should be taken into account before starting to call the whole thing a scam.
I've been supporting him for a while and though I had to stop for financial reason, I'll definitely resume doing so asap.

War1926

Aug 29, 2020
If the guy took 6 months to get a working demo out with only barebone mechanics and 2 H-scenes, then yeah I'd call it a scam. Thing is, he really works his butt off to get a real test version out everytime, and does this much quicker and with much more transparency than most of the other H-devs. Besides, his works have so far always been very high-quality, with few bugs and clipping. I think this should be taken into account before starting to call the whole thing a scam.
I've been supporting him for a while and though I had to stop for financial reason, I'll definitely resume doing so asap.
Hey is you the hero. How long is this game compare to Bioasshard? I saw your comment recommending this I like Bio.

( Y )

Sep 12, 2021
The best I've seen for unreal engine.
Although I must admit that the reconstruction and loss of the project was a blunder :FacePalm:

The old animations didn't disappoint at all, and neither do the current ones, but I guess it was good for the experience.
I see a lot of quality here, but I also see a lot of development ahead (not to mention if there aren't more bumps along the way).

Still, I recommend it if you're looking for something different from 2dcg/3dcg :cool:(y)

lostlust

Jan 30, 2019
(YouTube)
-The Struggle System (Break free from the enemy) is almost ready now.
-The creatures now have the sound effects (Grunt/Groan)
-Blood Effects are now added into the game (Blood on the ground after the creature was killed)
-Daytime/Night time have different ambient sounds.
-Ambient Music System is almost ready now, The music you heard right now is just a test and won't be used in the actual game (Dying Light Ambient Music)
-There might be more but I already forget.
Finally some combat

Reactions: thedragonknight

GooseHorde

Jul 25, 2019
What problems did you have with Pure Onyx?
The game seems to be pretty decent.
developing wise... Pure Onyx has literally been in the same state its in now for almost 5 years. Aside from a few new monsters and animations. Gameplay and level wise ...it has gone no where.
I'm hoping this game doesn't sit on the Patreon shelf, rack up money and halt production. I really love the horror space atmosphere and already this demo is pretty gnarly.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I'm confused...Is Section 7 still being worked on? and the new game is PER?
Section 7 ha been put on hold while the new game Project Elimination is being completed.

Both Section 7 (actual name is Project *Unknown / PU) and Project Elimination (PER, where R stands for "rebuild", as the original got nuked in an hardware failure) are part of the same universe.

PER will be more action focused, while retaining most of the horror elements (third person Dying Light), while PU will be more of a pure survival horror (Alien Isolation x Dead Space, if you want comparisons). The dev has decided to tackle the more action oriented game first, since will be smaller in scale and will help him create his own brand faster (HDD failures pushed back the project a lot, otherwise he'll be almost done); PU remains his dream project and will resume production after PER is released.

Last edited:

GooseHorde

Jul 25, 2019
Section 7 ha been put on hold while the new game Project Elimination is being completed.
Dengit...I was loving the feel of PU...
Scary atmosphere with space ship crawling. Was like a 3d AQE but less colorful.
Oh well...I'll still keep a watch on both of these projects.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Feb 11, 2020

Both Section 7 (actual name is Project Unlimited / PU) and Project Elimination (PER, where R stands for "rebuild", as the original got nuked in an hardware failure) are part of the same universe.

PER will be more action focused, while retaining most of the horror elements (third person Dying Light), while PU will be more of a pure survival horror (Alien Isolation x Dead Space, if you want comparisons). The dev has decided to tackle the more action oriented game first, since will be smaller in scale and will help him create his own brand faster (HDD failures pushed back the project a lot, otherwise he'll be almost done); PU remains his dream project and will resume production after PER is released.
*Project Unknown, not unlimited, unless something changed or I got something wrong lol.

Reactions: Alket
4.70 star(s) 16 Votes