VN - Ren'Py - Projekt: Passion [v0.11] [Classy Lemon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

johnisonos

This game has a unique artstyle to it that not a lot of Daz games have. You can clearly see that it's Daz but it has a more anime-ish inspired character design (Though they don't actually look anime like in After the Inferno which some people had issues with) which is refreshing in comparison to the samey characters that we usually see in 3D games. Other than appearance the characters are also all likeable, even the minor side characters. I don't think there's one character I dislike.

Renders look really good, some scenes could have a little better lighting but that's made up for by the careful coloring of them, the dev makes sure to use colors that make good combinations and don't clash with each other, and it works.

Music and sound effects are high quality and always fit the scene, whether it's an emotional scene, a funny scene, an intense scene, etc.

Finally, the animations are some of the best I've seen in a Daz game. I've tried animating in Daz before and safe to say it's really bad and frustrating, so I have to commend the dev for being able to create such well animated scenes with it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ice335

Review of version 0.7/Season One. - Spoiler Free

Projekt: Passion is perfect. But it isn't. Realistically speaking, when it comes to any type of media, we cannot perceive them as perfect. Everything has to be flawed to some degree. Ask any creator of anything, ever. They will tell you something they could improve upon in their work. And once they improve that, they will find another detail, no matter how minor, that could be improved. I'm sure even Mr. Lemon would give you a dozen of things he would like to make better or different. Now, despite all of this, I consider Projekt: Passion to be the ONE perfect AVN, and despite that, it probably is not even my favorite one. After all, we humans are not binary beings that would perceive the world on a binary spectrum of "perfect" and "imperfect". Therefore, if something is perfect, it doesn't make it the best. PP (I shall continue calling Projektk: Passion PP from now on.) comes very close to the top, though. Now, to move away from the abstract and start with the more comprehensible part of my review, I would like to put my words to reason.

PP is not really perfect in the traditional sense. There are probably scenes that could look better after a bit of fiddling with the camera, the lighting, and the expressions. There may be music that is not fitting as well as it could; maybe some sounds a little too stiff. Audio mixing may not be completely normalized across every single file. There may be some... you get my point. These, for lack of a better word, superficial factors can always be made better. Even if by a miniscule margin. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that PP is lacking in any of these categories. I mean, have you seen some of the stuff that Lemon is capable of? PP is among the best of the best when it comes to the body and soul of said AVN. It's not perfectin this aspect, though, for it is feesibly impossible to be.

The real brilliance of the game comes from the fact that it managed to make use of a completely different aspect of the industry that you wouldn't even consider. You see, there is one thing that most AVNs have in common. It is the episodic nature of updates. Normally, you would completely disregard this aspect as an unfortunate circumstance of the industry. But I'd like to make the argument that Lemon managed to weaponize it to a wildly strong degree, dare I say perfect it? And I'm not quite sure if intentionally. Hear me out..

Whenever a new game comes out, its quality usually fluctuates with every update. Mostly, these fluctuations are not that massive, and the quality stays roughly around the same point. There are some burning exceptions, of course, cough cough AL. But when we average it out, games usually stay around the same level of quality throughout their development. This is not what happened with PP. When I first played PP, it was quite obvious that the game was great. It did not really engulf me with passion in the prologue of the game or anything, but it was definitely well above average. Now that has changed. I'm not sure if this is a byproduct of Lemon being a superhuman who can simply absorb all of his experience at once and build on it in a matter of 2-4 months. But when it comes to PP, the quality manages to not only steadily grow, But it manages to steadily grow RAPIDLY. I do not perceive it as feasible to have THIS much growth as a creator with every game you make. Lemon manages to do it with every update. It's genuinely baffling. And it's not even him getting better and better with every update. It's the set-up, the twists, the cliffhangers, it's everything. It works so perfectly to make you yearn for more. It doesn't utilize cheap tricks to create an artificial sense of suspense. It manages to make everything work together so fucking well. There is nothing on the market, that even comes close to the quality that Projekt: Passion has. It perfected the nature of the format. And I'm willing to bet that there won't be anything that even comes close to the bar that PP set for a long, long time.

Unfortunately, there is a problem with my statement. I'm contradicting myself. If Lemon gets so much better with every update, how can it be perfect if the next update utilizes this better, right? I'm scared of the fact that it won't. I'm scared that 0.7 is the breaking point that won't be beaten, even by the likes of Lemon. It's just.. too good. Too perfect. But I have faith, that Lemon will be able to prove me wrong. Even if it won't be the next update, it will be the one after, or the one after that. I don't think this is the peak of what Projekt: Passion can give. I think this update is the peak of perfect Projekt: Passion.

TLDR: good game, play.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

mrGreen82

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

besides the 3 forementioned personal 'flaws' in the game, will give props for the animated non erotic scenes, the witty humor, the plot, the honorable raiders and the entire skellial race !!
    - wish listed on steam, and concidering to support Classy Lemon
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Caesariuz

Not good, not bad. It has its ups and downs.
    I can tell the developer puts a big effort on it, but I simply couldnt enjoy it.

+Audio is pretty god included some voice acting
    +Some good animations
    +Decent humor from time to time

-Many boring text lines, saying the same things over and over
    -Renders looks like 2018
    -Models arent hot for my taste
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kemb

I love this game !

A very engaging story with amazing writing. but the humor is what really makes stand out (The Pizza scene had me laughing to tears). i believe a an engaging plot with good writing can make or break a VN and Classy Lemon knocked it out of the park here.

Renders and sex scene are not the best on the site, but they are done beautifully. and they are secondery for me anyway.

Animations are amazing, especially the voiced ones out of sex scenes.

The LI's characters are unique and very well developed, the way you tell their backstories is very, very well done. i love each one of them so far, although i'm still on the fence about Aria, but i have faith the developer will handle it well, and hopefully we will get a choice on what do with her.

In conclusion, an amazing game and you should give it a try
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sneaky Heresiarch

Love the game.

Visuals are all around awesome. I especially love the fact that this is one of the few games where people have realistic proportions. Imagine my pleasant surprise when i don't see two air balloons that would realistically sag all the way down to the knees on every LI. It's visually a breath of fresh air.

Characters have just the right amount of fun and seriousness of their background - plus having an entire world setting for them adds to the enjoyment.

Also absolutely love the comedic touches, including the option for joke suicide choices - always an underrated addition. Comedy if executed well always brings games to the next level for me.

Not to mention, I love the attitude of the dev enough to point it out. That to me is just adding to it all.

Very much worth a try. Already one of my favourite games.

9.5/10
  7. 5.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

Game has been wonderful so far!

I love the girls. All of them. Personalities shine through fairly well, and they're all beautiful. Sandra and Kaylee are my favorites, but I don't have a least favorite, or one that I am not inclined to pursue.

I enjoy the MCs character, and especially our ability to, more or less, effect how he acts.

The humor in the game is very well done, and I laughed out loud a few times. It is a little disjointed with the story at times, but it works. And the animations are stunning. Exceptionally well done.

The story is interesting. I want to see how it grows and develops. I like the fact that, where the story is so far (.06) we have a reason to stay the course, but there has been enough that happens that, even though still validated in standing against SAC, it is easy to wonder if they're actually the bad guy.... or at least, potentially, a "lesser evil" opposing a greater evil, which is still out there.

I'm looking forward to more story, new girls, and more scenes with my girls. More codex entries.
    And I'm hoping, at some point, I get to bring Mei over to our crew.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MikieB

I did NOT expect this game to be this good! It has even got professional looking voiced animated cut-scenes. Quite impressed and the story is well told and interesting. Also has plenty of humor too. I'm really looking forward to the further development of this game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

albul

I honestly didn't expect to like this as much as I did because of the scifi setting (just a personal preference). But what I found here was more than enough to make me change my mind. Lovable girls each with their own personality, interesting plot (both kinds!), excellent renders.

There aren't a lot of choices that actually affect the plot, but the usual choices that colour the MCs personality are enough to keep me engaged. I also liked the writing, and the comedy got a few hearty chuckles out of me.

There is no sandbox, freeroam or stupid minigames to waste your time, it's all about the characters, their backgrounds, the story and how all of it comes together.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sentaibandwagon

(v0.6)
    Highly recommended.

P:p* is a lot of fun. Classy Lemon's humorous touches play really well for me against the larger drama of galactic adventure, intrigue, and personal traumas. Some people might be thrown by the tone shifts, but I feel it blends nicely and makes sense. A lot of people use humor as a coping mechanism–authors included (that's why we have 'comedic relief'). And the optional death scenes are hilarious.

There's good voice acting, plenty of neat animations, fun sex scenes, and a cool crew starting to gell together.

At the end of each update, I walk away pleased, but still eager for more.

If you liked 'After the Inferno' or are a fan of space cowboy adventure, this is well worth playing.

*thoughtlessly tried to shorten Projekt: Passion. This was clearly a mistake, and I have lost all 'I remember text browsing BBSs' cred. Alas :cry:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

erisim

I didn't know what to expect starting this game, but I was pleasantly surprised

Storry is very interesting and well paced, with lots of really funny moments. It never feels like it drags on. The characters are very cute and have unique appearances as well as personalities.
    Sex scenes are very good, some of the best animations I've seen in an adult game, and they have sound effects too which make them better. Most of them are also built up to so they feel deserved when you get to them

5/5, good job classy lemon!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5606666

Haven't laughed like that for a while, playing these games. The text/choices are hilarious.

Graphics is very good too, beautiful girls too. Even the monsters look great.

I haven't laughed in a long time, dying every chance/choice I got.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Impurity2937

[v0.5]

Some time ago I saw meme on Reddit I think, this "looking at other girl" kind where guy was walking with BaDIK E9 but looking at PP v0.5. That made me check the game but hmm... I made like 2 or 3 approaches and it didn't find my taste. Finally I made myself to give it another shot and well, I regret.

I regret because game is fucking great and now I will think about it and need to wait for updates instead to discover it one day and finish it all in one shot. Plot is finally something new, not the same boring stories with fake problems in each of them. Finally interesting characters I missed for long time, great dialogues and sense of humor. I played some VNs recently and they combined are not even close, I will say it again - GREAT CHARACTERS. Everyone of them is unique and got some depth, it is easy to write somehow interesting characters but it is hard to give them depth what you did here.

Great job, keep up good work and looking forward for next updates.

● Story/plot - 9/10
    ● Graphics/visuals/renders quality - 9/10
    ● Animations - 9/10
    ● Music - 8/10
    ● Characters - 10/10
    ● Amount of content - 7/10 (just because it is still in progress)
    ● Fappable - 9/10
  14. 5.00 star(s)

p_rudolf

This game exudes quality on so many levels.

Comedy, the main draw of the game, is really intelligent and clever. Comedy is a hard thing to get right but this dev manages it.

Animations are probably as good as it gets for an AVN, it's certainly the best I've seen. Both for lewd scenes and the voiced cutscenes that barely any other games offer

Sound effects and music really enhance the experience, they're all high quality and are well placed, and they all fit the tone of the situation.

Characters are diverse and believable, with flaws and motivations of their own.

5/5, definitely recommended
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Trakzer

This is the first vn i've ever seen to have cutscenes worthy to be in an actual game, every animation in the game, including the lewd ones, are smooth as fuck, i hope it gets recognized for it's potential soon because if it goes the way it's going, it's going to be one of the best, if not the actual best vn out now.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Pros:
    Great Renders
    Great Models
    Great Sex Scenes
    Good writing
    nice music
    Cool,Fun story
    UI looks great
    Voiced Characters
    Characters have cool personalities
    Great animations
    Build in Gallery and lore

Cons:
    Not a huge fan of the red girl with the horns
    The voice acting of the MC is a bit cringy at times

I´m really blown away by this game.
    It really feels like a Studio made this, because it´s so well made and you see that a lot of work and passion went in to this.
    Making a game with a sci-fi setting and humor in it goes wrong 99% of the time, but the Dev hit it out of the park and created a wonderful game with a fun story and interesting characters, which feels so immersive and makes you want to play more and more.
    I kinda feel like the critic from ratatouille who took his first bite, because this game blows your mind.
    I can´t wait to see what comes next and how the Story will continue and wish the Developer best of luck in the future development and great success.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

M I N T

A hidden gem. Great pacing with great writing, accompanied by an even better sense of humor and comedic timings. As expected of the creator of "After the Inferno", this one doesn't fail to deliver and meet my expectations. Great job, Lemon!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

RandalenJoe

This game is outstanding good. Compared to most off the stuff here on this site at least.

The graphics are quite nice, characters interesting.
    There are voiced cutscenes.
    Sex is fully animated, has multiple scenes and with moaning.
    It's full of homourous scenes, which set a lighthearted tone.
    Character design is realistic in terms of proportions.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

ProtoJoto

Review of version 0.5.

I was excited to discover this new entry into the niche of spaceship harems, and played through the current content in one sitting. I was left with somewhat mixed feelings at the end.

The pros: very nice graphics and animations. Some of the models were excellent, and the characters were well-fleshed out.

The cons:
    1. Distracting gimmicks. The game makes extensive use of screen panning. The first time I saw the image slowly moving I spent several seconds admiring the effect before deciding to get on with the story: then I discovered how annoying it is to have the background moving behind the text you are trying to read. Another gimmick employed here is having some of the characters deliver a line audibly every once in a while. I found the voices clashed with my expectations of what the characters would sound like. It felt as out of place as having the cast of an action movie suddenly break into a dance routine (I’m not a fan of Indian movies, obviously).

2. The game doesn’t take itself remotely seriously. Think Spaceballs, as opposed to Star Wars. It is quite amusing at times, but doesn’t aspire beyond that.

3. There is no real story that I could detect. There is a MacGuffin in the form of a missing amulet that everyone is supposedly chasing, but the story looks like it is going to settle into a routine of: a. travel to new planet, b. find excuse for another sex scene. c. Repeat.

4. Some of potential sex-interests are quite hideous. One of them looks like she had her skin flayed off. And the sex-bot might be an updated version of Honda’s Asimo; which is not what I would expect a futuristic sex doll to look like. Still, there are three human-looking girls, so the MC can have a small harem even if he doesn’t want to stick his dick in a toaster or something more disgusting.

If I were to judge this by looks alone I might rate it five stars, but that wouldn’t be fair to other games that deliver more than just a good-looking product.

Recommended for those who want nothing more than a laugh and a wank.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

WhitishKnight

Very great game, nice humor and girls, ambience and immersion! Interesting story, space thematic which I enjoy a lot. Different races, different type of girls and their characters, kinks. verything about this game is amazing, wish all the best to author and hope it continues for a very very long time!

P.S. Ashe is bae <3