Ren'Py - Purple Orchid [v0.1] [SLim Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

uhohichangedmysn

Edit: SLim_Games, the dev, was nice enough to respond to me in a DM. SLim confirmed that this is just the beginning. SLim confirmed there are currently 5 lewd scenes in this early stage and there are plans for making it into a management game. I for one am excited :)
    ---
    TL;DR: Other reviewer too harsh. Seems to be in the early stages but still extremely polished. Lack of sex scenes if any at all. Great appearance/animations, basic voice acting (impressive they added it at all), mini-games. Tons of potential. Papers, Please clone trying to be something more.

Not to say that they were wrong about anything they said, but I found the review before mine a bit harsh. This game appears to be a work in progress at a 0.1 release and it is already pretty polished. There are many games on here that aren't even animated, let alone voiced.

The art and animations look great but definitely a lack of sex scenes, if any at all. There are a few straightforward mini-games surrounding the premise of Papers, Please. If the developer continues adding more content at a reasonable pace, this game has a ton of potential.

There is a mini-game that allows you to make drinks for the girls, although I don't know what you get for it. Perhaps a bit more money? I'm not entirely sure. But again, keep building on that idea, and you'll have something really cool. The drink-making is very interactive.

There is also a shop where you can buy a radio to change songs. There is an interactive phone that allows you to call your hot boss. Right now, she seems to ignore the player. That may change after you play more, but I honestly didn't continue playing enough to find out. However, I suspect that it wasn't implemented yet, along with possibly missing sex scenes. I see a screenshot was added with a handjob, but I never saw it in game. Perhaps it comes later, perhaps not.

In any case, there were quite a few different models in the game already and I would think the dev would add more eventually. If this game truly is just in the early stages like it seems to be, then we are likely in for a treat. But if this was just a quick demo for a quick buck then it really would be wasted potential.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Room34

I am playing for more than 50 minutes and it's just a bad copy of papers please. Waiting girls's animation is tedious everytime, no sex scene after 50 minutes. Girls coming, we take their ID and check, than they go, repeating that with no action in between for now.