RPGM - Completed - WIP - Quarta Knight Emerald [1.15][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

1. 1.00 star(s)

D-Boy22

this mashing the space bar simulator,

fun at first but combat eventually becomes tedious and stressful with the ai irrating ability to just skip your turns and stop you from preforming attacking's and this can go on for a very long time in some battles to bloody endless on the later boss battles on the hardest difficulty or they just beat you without making one attack.

this makes the game impossible because I'm losing without a fight or going through a endless circle of heal>attack>fails attack>lose a lot of health (note, this part may take some time)>heal

I'm a fan of everything else has to offer and loved the last game but I this is by far one of the most stressful experiences I've had in video game ever!, I fully recommend you go on find a more fun game or at least play on the normal to easy setting
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TJ412

First passes of the translation make the game infinitely more playable than without, or trying to use Mtool or some other method. It's currently rough and a lot of the story dialog still comes out as gobbledeygook, but that's to be expected.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Bondage Queen

TLDR: An above average H-game held back by poor balancing. The game is primarily poor MTL; with a good translation I can see this potentially being 4 stars.

Game Design (Non-H elements): 2.5 stars
    The gameplay is more or less typical rpgm combat. By default the heroine is very overpowered, but when you lose you get semi-permanent status conditions which make combat harder. Here's the problem: the game is trivially easy unless you actively try to lose. But once you do that a few times and stack up some status conditions, the game becomes very hard, in a very annoying way. The enemies will make you orgasm frequently, which skips your turn, and they'll do this multiple times in a row, leading to a mind-numbing experience where you're just mashing the space bar for 90+ seconds straight wondering when your turn is going to come back around. This can actually lead to you getting softlocked on hard mode (standard mode)... but luckily there's an option to turn the difficulty down and get unstuck. Game balance is simply bad.

That being said, the environment and enemy design are far above average for an H-game. The second, third, and fourth areas are delightfully fresh, and the enemy designs always made me smile in appreciation when I saw them. The game deserves some credit for this.

H-Quality: 3 stars
    The heroine design is great, and there are even two additional side-heroines who are equally well designed and attractive (no lolis for once, yay!). The H-scenes are good, not anything super special art or direction wise. I may be a bit biased against the scenes because a relatively small number feature bondage at all, despite the game having a pretty heavy domination focus. Again, the game is MTL as of now so this score could improve if the writing ends up being good.

H-Integration (How well H-content and gameplay mix): 3.5 stars
    This game features battlefuck (always a great mechanic to see, minimum 3 star) and some in-combat bondage/restraint. This is pretty great, and it does make the game more fun, but there are some downsides as well. First of all, the enemies love doing erotic attacks which take a good 4-7 seconds to complete. This might sound small but later on if you get into a situation where there's a bunch of enemies and you're getting stunlocked every other turn, you'll realize how annoying this is. Secondly, while there is a good amount of different battlefuck, it is mostly a few reused poses with the enemy or binding simply overlaid. Still good, but it does start feeling stale later on.

I may be a bit biased because this game features one of my favorite gimmicks: bondage traps. By walking around the map the heroine can trigger traps which bind her and which enemies will try to take advantage of. Erotic map events like this always make the game feel more holistic, so that's nice.

As for events, every enemy and boss in the game has a defeat scene. That's good, though losing to normal enemies is very difficult and typically requires a lot of active negligence (unless you have like 15+ statuses stacked up on Hard).

All-in-all, a good effort in one of my favorite h-settings (magical girl domination).
    Thanks for the good work MuninKai !