Ren'Py - Queen Hunter [v1.2.5B] [SpiU]

1. 2.00 star(s)

teletube

Bad game with good potential.

I love the setup - sandbox, slave trade, cute girls all over the place - there is good potential to that.
    Unique art style, which is good.

However, the grind is outrageous, absolutely unreasonable.
    Combat is very annoying.
    The is no ability to heal at home.
    Overall bad (amateurish), clunky implementation.
    Although multiple gameplay mechanics are included, they are all in a very bad shape, a distant shadow of what they could've been.

I couldn't really progress anywhere into the game cause of the unbalanced, unreasonable grind and overall bad implementation. It gets annoying too quickly. This game is like a crippled 'Strive for Power'.

I'd say - 3/10.
    It can become much better though, but it will require multiple magnitudes of work that was already done.

(Game is in v1.2.5B during this review)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

mrttao

v1.2.3
    grinding hellscape of bad gameplay design.
    dev somehow managed to remove all of renpy's quality of life features. no rollback, no history, no hotkeys, no rightclick for save menu, no saving during conversation, no fast forward...

combat is real time clickfest. just bad.

the plot is in the game description. it does not really exist inside the game itself. it just dumps you on the sandbox without an in game explanation. dialog is threadbare, barely any content.

you allegedly get a choice to be a slaver or not. but that is a false choice. it is literally impossible to not be a slaver. and as a slaver it is super ultra mega hard with extra grinding on top.
    this is because your HP and MP do not recover. you have to pay obscene amounts to restore them.

art looks nice, but I haven't actually gotten to any of the sexy bits (if they even exist) due to the grind nightmare.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ethanruin

Other reviews were a bit harsh in my opinion, the art is really great and there's already a bunch of good characters. It's true there aren't many scenes yet but this game has a very bright future. It might be more deserving of a 4, but considering how much potential I see in it I'm giving a 5 with high expectations.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

PlantAssAppreciator

Since it's an initial release i'll cut the game some slack and will phrase it as nice as possible.

Don't waste your time. Not yet at least.
    There is currently 1 fellatio scene in the game and one static bath picture with the wolf(?) guard.
    The early game is a grinding hellscape. You begin by going to the slavers first becoming able to sell about 4 captured enemies after a battle. In theory at least. In reality you will fight two slimes, run with 2 HP to the slavers, sell them for 50 G each. Go to the healer, realise the healer costs 150 G, go to the elf girl and do the mini game for additional 50 G, go to the healer again and finally heal. Rinse and repeat this for what feels like 1,5 hours until you killed 20 enemies to unlock magic. You get the quest for it from the witch in the iron statue.
    To be fair the spell you get is cheap and very powerful. Drawback being that mana doesnt recharge on its own, neither when you go to the healer. You are forced to spent 600 G on potions for a full mana recharge.

My one tip is to save up for the mid tier armor first. Most enemies wont be able to damage you afterwards. One thing you can do is borrow 1000 G from the inkeeper to buy the first sword or aim for the armor. Also never pay her back. The payback rate is 300% , so 3000 G : '^)

So, yeah. Pump up the slaver reward, reduce the hitting cooldown or make it auto (really no point in making me click and then wait 10 seconds) and reduce potion costs. Worst thing you can do rn is buy health potions.

Art is decent I suppose.