VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Queen of Thieves [Final] [Winter Wolves]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Feel game deserved more attention and or another review since it a rarer breed and 1 there more better ones so just dropping 1real quick.

*Note been long time since played it*

-Positives-:
    Its alright and average
    bigger plus being the more unique gameplay including routes mechanic.
    works without issue
    plenty of routes that all seem alright (none seemed just tossed in to fulfill a criteria or unfitting to available to player character)
    looks fine (like most their games)

-Negaitives-
    Grind
    Its just average, nothing that made me find it very memorable outside some the unique feeling mechanics and never felt big emotion of any kind
    not enough cosmetic things (be nice if every outfit had a change to sprite and more emotions on them, more cgi, etc...)

-Closing-
    Its a average thing that will take quite a while and be enjoyable enough if you into their games/story/looks and if you do not skip.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Gomly1980

I love some of their other stuff, especially Princess Loren, but this is so far off the mark it's laughable.

On the one hand you have some great characters and a decent story but then you have the most frustrating combat i've ever seen in a game in over 30 years of gaming and no this is not hyperbole.

So many enemies inflict paralysis meaning none of your characters can perform an action at all meanwhile the enemy gets far more actions than your team regardless of how much speed you stack. I've had games where an enemy team of 3 had 9 straight actions before one of mine got a go despite stacking speed gems for that very reason.

Add multiple enemy actions on top of paralysis and healing mobs to give you the ultimate blend of bullshit.

If you want to see the story and meet the characters then play story mode only, you won't regret it.

I would give it a 4 just for the story and characters but the fact that the actual gameplay is so jarring makes it awkward.