VN Ren'Py Abandoned Queens of Our Hearts [v0.0.8] [Second Circle Studios]

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
you are mixing redheads with white people :p
also stallone and dolph lundgreen new show was killed by disney because it had too few girls and were to masculine lol
hollywood/disney is slowly going down :p
...... no I literally mean redheads e.g. iris west (both tv show and movie), jimmy olsen (supergirl tv show), hawkgirl (also cw tv show), starfire? (kinda this is more a makeup error the actor is fine just the makeup side was shit, they made her black instead of orange and had that really bad wig instead of lovely red hair) and most recently.... ariel from little mermaid.

Also proper natural (as in natural hair colour btw) redheads are for the majority white, super rare to get a non-white redhead, but that is beside the point because i meant redheads being cast as non-redheads, just happens that majority of the time it is with black actors. My issue isn't the race it is the hair colour... which just happens to come with white skin 90% of the time (without dying the hair). Added point, often they also have freckles :)

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* Is Mrs. Donnelly wearing a shirt?

* The Red on pink headers are hard to read.

* Are any of the girls wearing shirts?

* No shirts, but no nipples either, apparently.

Well, that was...brief.

It's hard for me to say one thing or ther other about this game as there's so little content. The artwork looks fine although it's impossible to tell if the girls are wearing clothing or not. The writing is okay too--nothing spectacular. For now, I'm going to keep my eye on things.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
1. why are all women already naked?
2. pink names on pink background is .... mmh ... questionable? ^^
3. this is a very short techdemo I guess, because there is no content at all. Its not even enough for some kind of prologue.

And I get it, the version numbers are a thing every dev can make up like he wants to, but in what scenario this can be a 1.x.x??

Maybe this is just some leaked stuff? because there is nothing to judge. Sure the text is solid and no engrish ... but that is all we can say. Oh and that the first girl we meet might be a little southern white supremacist ^^

In the case that this is a planned release ... puh. Thats lazy. Characters are not finished, not title screen. The introduction to the MC is very short, but that is nothing bad. To much exposition sucks ^^

Ok - I should stop now, or my comment has more text that this version of the "game" ... :p

Edit: Ok had a look at the patreon page. They call this a first "build"? ... and are somewhat proud of it? Sure the art takes some work and I do like the style, but this is nothing ... and who can they make 110$/month with this? ... I mean .. cool, good for them, but I hope they can follow up with at least 30-50min gamplay with their next update.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Well on the topic of redheads yeah they are being heavily discriminated, a shame that the people being racist against took the mantle of racism and hollywood profiting of it.
Redheadcaust.jpeg

As for the game, it has potential. Im mainly a japanese VN man myself and one of the reasons im not opposed to westean art like your average weeb is because the west can open a new range of girls to fuck (Like say drows, goblins and orc women being basically nonexistant in japanese media while being common in the west) so i like the idea of girls with different nationalities or ethnicities, not because of representation but because i like different type of girls to fuck in my games.
Hope there is an indian girl in this, love them forehead marks.
chupet_wallpaper_shyuri.jpg

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
As a fan of redheads myself (dating one currently, exwife was one, yadda yadda yadda), I can agree with this. If this is supposed to be West Coast USA, it's distinctive that there are two amazonian women and no redheads. Globally, just under 1% of women are over 6 feet tall. Where as globally around 2% of women have red hair. However, in the USA the stats skew slightly upwards for both, but still, the odds of meeting a woman with red hair in the west coast of the USA is about triple to quadruple that of meeting any woman that is over 6 feet tall...

And meeting one that's 6'3" or 6'4"? That's just much more rare. But yeah... no redheads.

:(
Wait, how is 2% 3-4 times as likely as 1%

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Wait, how is 2% 3-4 times as likely as 1%
globally the stats are under 1% and around 2%. In the USA (where I assume this game is) the stats skew and there are a higher percentage of redheads. I can't find exact statistics by state on height, but in the USA redheads are more common than 2% to roughly over 3-4% depending on state. Some states skewing as high as a reported 6% redheaded population. This is of course not counting those with dyed hair. However the rate of women over 6 foot tall only skews upwards ever so slightly. You're looking at a rate of maybe, MAYBE, just over 1% as opposed to 4% or higher, depending on if you count bottle dyed redheads.

Furthermore, the amount of women over 6'3" is insanely low. According to US census data the amount of women who might count themselves as 6'4" is 0.001%. It's also worth noting that census data doesn't take into account transgendered male to females. So a woman may have been born a man, grown to 6'4" (I'm 6'4" myself), and then started their TG journey before answering the census data. As men in the USA that are 6'4" or taller are in the top 1% for height.

TLDR: The % don't scale linearly

Reactions: Qwerfy

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
Are there any screens where the girls don't look like attack on titan monsters? because if they actually look like that the whole time in game, I'm not gonna bother downloading this.

Pedoune

Jul 19, 2017
Well on the topic of redheads yeah they are being heavily discriminated, a shame that the people being racist against took the mantle of racism and hollywood profiting of it.
View attachment 365297

As for the game, it has potential. Im mainly a japanese VN man myself and one of the reasons im not opposed to westean art like your average weeb is because the west can open a new range of girls to fuck (Like say drows, goblins and orc women being basically nonexistant in japanese media while being common in the west) so i like the idea of girls with different nationalities or ethnicities, not because of representation but because i like different type of girls to fuck in my games.
Hope there is an indian girl in this, love them forehead marks.
View attachment 365304
You:
"I hate that Hollywood brownwashes white characters! That's reverse racism!"

Also you:
"I really hope they put more brown girls in this game because I really like diversity!"

Talk about schizophrenic opinions.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
You:

Also you:
"I really hope they put more brown girls in this game because I really like diversity!"

There is a difference between adding something to fill a quota and adding it because you think it enhances your product. In this case i want more brown girls because it makes my dick hard, not because i think the game needs to fullfill some gender/racial quotas.

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
You:

Also you:

Just talking about your accusation of hypocrisy itself, there are two different chains of thought going on there. Adding characters of a specific ethnicity is different to changing the ethnicity of an already existing character, so regardless of what you think of the latter you are not a hypocrite for wanting someone of a specific ethnicity to be added into the game.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
They taking after hollywood. Can't have redheads these days.
I saw a video about this, it mainly focused on Disney and showed tons of examples of how their reboots were removing redheads specifically.
Adding characters of a specific ethnicity is different to changing the ethnicity of an already existing character
This is Hollywood repurposing. I've heard there was a creativity drought for years, people don't make new characters or stories anymore they just take a character, give them a paint job and tell everyone they are now gay and try to piggyback on the established fanbase. The other part is wokeonmics where people try to cash in on the vapid blue checkmarks retweeting your product endlessly cause you included the right set of buzzwords and underlined the words diverse casting and inclusivity and pointed out the main character is gay.

I've noticed a bad trend with rush to get something out there. This dude is like 'okay I got a menu, ui works, there are a few choices that don't matter and I'll throw in some barbiedoll sketches of the ladies... and done, time to get those sweet patreon bux!' I admire the ambition I guess, but could you polish the turd before trying to sell it?

Last edited: