Flash Question About Flash

khiorone

Jul 13, 2023
Adobe flash is already dead, does that mean there will be no more flash program? or theres other app/program that can create swf file/game just like adobe flash? if yes, what is it?

I have been searching online for some days about how to create flash games without adobe flash and something like that and found nothing, all guides go to adobe flash, and as you know it is dead.

Why i asking about flash in 2023? Basically i like flash game so much, i have play them since i was kid, and now i want to create one for me to play

Uh, if you have any feedback about my grammar, just say it

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
If you absolutely must have Flash using modern tools, and still support Flash builds.

Reactions: khiorone

khiorone

Jul 13, 2023
If you absolutely must have Flash using modern tools, and still support Flash builds.
Alright, gonna check them. Thanks sir :'D

oldboggy

Aug 2, 2019
Does it actually have to be Flash or games that act just like Flash? Adobe renamed Flash Professional (the actual development environment) into Animate back about 10 years ago and has continued to evolve it. Since I despise subscription based software I have never tried it but from what I've read, it could still allow you to make games the same way the old Flash games were made (except the output would be in modern web based standards).

Reactions: khiorone

khiorone

Jul 13, 2023
Does it actually have to be Flash or games that act just like Flash? Adobe renamed Flash Professional (the actual development environment) into Animate back about 10 years ago and has continued to evolve it. Since I despise subscription based software I have never tried it but from what I've read, it could still allow you to make games the same way the old Flash games were made (except the output would be in modern web based standards).
Actual flash, not a game that works like flash
But thanks, for the information, thats pretty useful

oldboggy

Aug 2, 2019
yeah, but there some really great flash games i want to play, and this page is full of gamers and programmers
If you just want to play the old Flash games, there are a few players that will do the job. I suggest having a look at

if you haven't already. Before Flash died, this was the site to go to for adult Flash games (although many would end up at Newgrounds, Newgrounds might also have some good information, although I haven't gone there in years). One of the pinned items discusses alternate viewers. Humbird0 himself has some comments here (in my opinion, he made some of the best Flash games, shame his Pokemon overwhelmed him).

But while Flash was great fun to program in (once ActionScript came into existence) and there were some great games made in it, it was a major security nightmare. You really don't want to run any Flash games on any computers you care about, especially if you are using the old Adobe stand alone players.

Who??-224

Apr 22, 2023
If you just want to play the old Flash games, there are a few players that will do the job. I suggest having a look at

if you haven't already. Before Flash died, this was the site to go to for adult Flash games (although many would end up at Newgrounds, Newgrounds might also have some good information, although I haven't gone there in years). One of the pinned items discusses alternate viewers. Humbird0 himself has some comments here (in my opinion, he made some of the best Flash games, shame his Pokemon overwhelmed him).

But while Flash was great fun to program in (once ActionScript came into existence) and there were some great games made in it, it was a major security nightmare. You really don't want to run any Flash games on any computers you care about, especially if you are using the old Adobe stand alone players.
thanks, i will be careful, thanks for the advice