Question for Mac Users!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am currently developing a game (this: ) and I plan on releasing a mac version eventually but there's a problem: I do not know the "default" save location for mac.

By looking on google I have found various information but nothing that screams "This is the standard way", I know that games handle saving differently and there is no universal way however Windows has "My games/namegame" which is, in theory, the place where game data is kept so my question is: Does Mac have a similar place where game data is kept and if so, where is it?

-edit-
And if there is nothing similar on mac, where would you like your saves to be stored the most?

-edit 2-
I googled some more and found out that Mac has also a "documents" folder, does it also contain a "My Games" folder or the standard practice is to save directly on it? so documents/gamename/savedata?

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
Macs version of Windows %appdata% would be ~/Library/Application Support. I would suggest storing here to keep it out of the documents folders just because it's for documents, not game saves.

Reactions: Canto Forte