Questions for people who hate non-con/rape content ...

Sep 1, 2023
People crossing boundaries they know they shouldn't and being conflicted over just how much they enjoy doing so? That's the real hotness.
I think this is the key emotion I'm trying to play on. Good way of framing it. A close cousin emotion I try to play on is the dance of powerplay. Like the MC being forced into a submissive state through surrendering to her short-term lust: especially an otherwise smart, powerful, in control women having to admit to herself that something about the taboo or physical danger turns her on and excites her.

I don't have a clearcut answer to the question of exactly how the villain plays out. I usually write and when the story gets there, i feel like an organic answer arises, but the brooding, emotionally cold anti-hero would probably come closest. I feel like villains work best when they have just a sliver of redemption, not necessarily that they will ever redeem themselves, but that the chance is there to tantalize and rationalize choosing them.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
Now I’m typing this, I think you’re right. Maybe the key to making this scene work is also in how much it affects the aftermath. I.e. this is the start of her dating the villain, or the two of them never speaking etc...
it definitely calls for a darker continuation (as starting point for going even darker), but I can see how a rehabilitation route might work to compartmentalize it from an otherwise non-rape game. like maybe mc at that pont IS a rapist, but gets slowly changed by her love to something better. so if all other routes explore consensual relationship, you can eventually bring back the rape route and join it with other routes with workable rationalization. (I'm somehow reminded of Vegeta from dragon ball Z, who went from a heinous enemy to a grumpy but ultimately honorable family member).

Reactions: Northern_Blade