Unity Abandoned Quid Pro Quo [v0.1.1] [StationmasterDev]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
StationmasterDev

If your willing to share source would be good.

I have mastered UI (mostly apps), some basic 2d games and extremely hard to break programs, wouldn't mind learning and dissecting QPQ.

Probably wont be doing anything noteworthy any time soon but who knows might even be able to assist you in your future projects ;)

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I'll have to think about that. I was more thinking someone who wanted to continue development with rev share or something, but opening it up might be good too (I have to read over some licenses first, because I use a lot of Asset Store content, and I don't know if their license permits just converting everything to GPL).

subsub2010

Jun 12, 2019
"Cyberpunk"

that's the most overused word sinze 2020 and the announcement of Cyberpunk 2077 by CDPR...

in situation like here where there is nothing that may look a single bit "Cyberpunk" at all...

just saying. you should find another word to explain the game, because people are going to expect something completly different just by catching this word.
I'm wondering how many of the haters here haven't played StationMaster. Because outside of the learning curve stuff, that game blows away anything else on here, for pure Evil Fun, amusing hooks (some day I'll get tired of incinerating The Doctor LOL) and the *option* for long range play. My understanding is QPQ is the developer's leveling up what they learned technically from SM but that twisted creative mind is what I have all the patience in the world for. By the way numnuts look at the version number, if you're that precious, come back when it hits 1.0.

OK off my soapbox. So excited to watch this develop!!

Reactions: Sp3cial_K and Flint
Nov 1, 2017
For the love of everything holy, get someone else to do your graphics.

Look at this guy's work for example:
Then turn around and look at your own models

subsub2010

Jun 12, 2019
For the love of everything holy, get someone else to do your graphics.

Look at this guy's work for example:
Then turn around and look at your own models
He's dropping this project but he's already found a graphics person--the stuff in QPQ were placeholders. As it says in the game and I believe in this thread.

Reactions: comebillybilly

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Too bad. I think this project would be infinitely more interesting than your new project, which, to be honest, copies a lot of other ideas. I am getting tired of games with completely unrealistic ideas where you have demigod-like powers... maybe that's just me.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
That's part of the reason I wanted to try Quid Pro Quo, but I found it too difficult to inject interesting mechanics into the formula in reasonable scope (the idea of being able to walk into a random apartment and fuck the inhabitants was probably the highlight of my overall plan, but it's still a pretty weak justification for the tons of reading that the game was based on).

I'm pretty sure there's a market for that kind of thing, but I'm probably not the right person to make it. Someone with subtler tastes would probably have better luck.

falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
After playing the initial version, i could also tell this game was not for me in the current state. The idea could've worked, but i think an engine that focuses clearly on the choices like renpy would've worked better for it. Anyway good luck on your next project!

Reactions: User1230

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
QuidProQuo-0.1.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Reactions: ordos
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes