Tutorial RAGS RAGS Help Section

wadsadas

Oct 22, 2019
Hello! Know this thread is ancient af but does anyone know how to fix the "file has changed since initially published" error when trying to run the setup.exe for 2.14.6?

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
Hello! Know this thread is ancient af but does anyone know how to fix the "file has changed since initially published" error when trying to run the setup.exe for 2.14.6?
What worked for me was installing Server Compact SQL into the folder that youre installing Rags into - think that error happens because the download link rags tries to use has since been discontinued.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
Somehow rags just won't play video on my win10 device (play button grey out).
Did bit searching and no luck, plz help me out here.

kifflomx

Nov 5, 2018
Can anybody help me? I can't find the 2.4.16 version of RAGS anywhere. The official download site has been suspended it seems.

NotALlama

Jul 29, 2017
Having the same proplem
Can anybody help me? I can't find the 2.4.16 version of RAGS anywhere. The official download site has been suspended it seems.
New links?
the link is dead,any new link?

Found a link for 2.4.16 here:

I will also note some steps I took to get the 2.4.16 version of rags to run the game I was trying to play (was getting "This RAGS game is unreadable" error, in this case the game was Whorelocks Revenge) on my Windows 10 machine

1) Download and install (using RagsSetup.msi) 2.4.16 to a folder not in Program Files (ex documents, desktop, etc)
2) Download the portable RAGS zip from the original post
3) Take all the files from the portable version that start with sql and place it in the same folder as your 2.4.16 install
4) download and install SSCERuntime - . Have the installer extract the files to your 2.4.16 folder and run both x64 and x86 installers it puts there
5) Following the troubleshooting steps in original post make sure the appropriate windows optional features are enabled
6) Reboot

Somehow after that it started loading. Note I already had SSCERuntime installed but for some reason it wasn't running; when extracting files to the install folder my game started loading so idk it's some weird shit.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Found a link for 2.4.16 here:
I had an issue having the file load, if you have this issue: Look to your URL. Delete this = (Dont click if this links) but removing this from the URL when you select it, cleared up my issue.

• Love
Reactions: frepyou

tor44

Oct 3, 2018
How do I get the images to load? I'm using 3.1 and I have windows 11 and the game loads just no images and older versions don't work at all you double click and run nothing.

tcheser

Dec 13, 2019
I used this years ago and made a fairly extensive game which I would like to add to now that I finally got it working again. Unfortunately this version is no longer registered and is in read only mode. How do I get around this?

tcheser

Dec 13, 2019
Okay, I found the section here that explained about the crack which you can use to get around the registration. I got that to work and can now save changes I make to the RAGS game, but now I have another issue. I can save the game, but if I ever save over this save file (an overwrite) it says the game file is unreadable. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is there a way around this? Should I just always create a new save file after I change something?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
tried your game was my first time trying this format or what ever i installed everything and game seemed to run BUT its to confusing for me to play ...looks like a fantastic game just to complicated for me
:(

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Okay, I found the section here that explained about the crack which you can use to get around the registration. I got that to work and can now save changes I make to the RAGS game, but now I have another issue. I can save the game, but if I ever save over this save file (an overwrite) it says the game file is unreadable. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is there a way around this? Should I just always create a new save file after I change something?
not this specific game BUT thats what ive had to do in past delete current saves and remake a new save
(rinse repeat)

benigantzking

Apr 8, 2022
Did anyone had a success running Rags 2.4 on Win 11? If so I'd be happy to know how, I tried SQL everything really, I click on it and it just doesn't open up. Only Version 3. something

Will appreciate any help.