Tutorial RAGS RAGS Help Section

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi @muttdoggy Sorry for bothering you with , probably, greenhorn stuff but I've tried to run latest SinnerGame on the portable rags player from OP and here you can see the result...
What can I do to play it?
Apart from trying to install Rags on my Win10Pro

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi @muttdoggy Sorry for bothering you with , probably, greenhorn stuff but I've tried to run latest SinnerGame on the portable rags player from OP and here you can see the result...
What can I do to play it?
Apart from trying to install Rags on my Win10Pro
The portable in the OP is from 3.0.69 and the game is made for 2.4.16. They use different text formatting and have some other design differences. I have 2 different versions of RAGS installed on my Win 10 Pro. 2.4.16 and 3.0.59. They have different folders and I have 2.4.16 as default.

Reactions: Pif paf

Ollie

Jun 17, 2017
So Im new to RAGS, i had a game working for 2.6.1 yesterday, My computer restarted (because yay windows 10 updates) and now RAGS refuses to start. It keeps coming up with an error message stating an "Unhandled exeption has occured in your application" and that that "Padding is invalid and cannot be removed". has anyone had this problem before? I have since reinstalled windows 10, downloaded every itterance of RAGS I could think of, tried older versions of the game, tried different .NET and SQL installs, tried activating JIT bugfixes with Visual Studio and nothing is getting rid of the messages.

him13

Feb 11, 2019
If anyone is still here and can answer this how do you use a RAGS player on Mac plz and thank you

Ralen

Jun 1, 2017
rags problem.PNG
I hope u see what my problem is with RAGS based game i have here, dont know if it ts the Game or just wrong settings, Thx for any Help!

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
We're going to need a workaround for this tutorial now that Microsoft wiped the SQL server compact 3.5 download from their site, it even messes with a normal install attempt for 2.4.16 since it tries to pull a dead link during installation.

Hekrat

Feb 27, 2019
The portable 3.0 version listed under JayneCobb's method has several files in the directory named sql*.dll, if you move those into the RAGS directory for whatever version you have installed, it seems to work for me, although I had also enabled .net 3.5 before I did so, so I'm not sure which of the fixes it was that made it work. also if you google "sql server ce download" you *can* download the 4.0 sql compact edition with the service pack 1. Hope this helps

kulu21

Jul 4, 2017
Does anyone have Designer Crack? Could you share it please?
Thank you!

LazyD113

Jun 22, 2018
anyonecan give me link to download SQL server compack 3.5 please? on microsoft website is error when i click to find it :<

rickropia

Jun 15, 2017
My rags (2.4.16) crashes whenever a video trys to load, I have WMP checked in apps. no idea what else to try

Grap

Feb 7, 2019
Where do you install the SQL server compack 3.5?

I've tried the RAGS folders and the installer says it's an invalid folder.

I also think RAGS is completely dead as you can't register (dead link) even with the 'new' 2.6.1 file.

Reactions: Meatybuns

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
Im wracking my head over this. SQL installed, SSCE installed, Media Player installed, every possible version of rags installed as well as enabled. And yet some games, not all of them, but a majority will tell me that they are unreadable. I ran them before! What the fuck! So much good stuff hidden behind this ancient engine.